* Author Topic: The Royal Infirmary Edinburgh : Part 38  (Read 127521 times)

0 Members

Offline Frizzybee

• Un-Ranked
modify
Re: The Royal Infirmary Edinburgh : Part 38
« Reply #110 on: 20/09/10, 13:55 »
Hi Pinkfairy2

We were put on the NHS list in April this year, however we were told that the list was 2 to 3 years long!  :o There is no way we could wait that long, particulary as I'm just about to turn 36!  When we started out we were told we would get three attempts on the NHS, however at our appointment in September we were told that as from July this year that had been reduced to 2 attempts and you are right in that they will deduct the self funded attempt.  So if it doesn't work for us in January, we will only have 1 remaining attempt left!

As I said on a previous post, I don't think we could afford to pay for another self funded attempt if it doesn't work in January, however we wouldn't like to wait until we eventually reach the top of the list either!  So we are just hoping and praying that all goes well in January!

Offline bambinoplease

modify
« Reply #111 on: 20/09/10, 16:57 »
Hi all,

Thanks for your replies, the spotting has gone now thank goodness, now just worrying that I am not responding to stimms because I don't feel anything, wish I could stop worrying and just see what happens.

Michelle - how did your egg collection go today?

Jan thanks for your lovely words - I keep holding onto that thought, that one way or another we will get a baby, just hope the journey isn't too long.

Pinkfairy, I understand how you are feeling, I went for two councilling sessions a few months ago and it really helped, helped me re-focus and realise that I still have my DH and that we need to take care of each other and everntually the baby thing should happen.  The waiting is worse than the treatment and so just take this time to have fun.

What lovely weather it is today.

x

Offline michelle1984

modify
« Reply #112 on: 20/09/10, 17:25 »
hi all

EC went well got 13 eggs  ;D ;D ;D ;D  they should be doing their stuff  ^sperm^ ^sperm^been feeling crap after op,  had a temperature and it took a while to come down feeling really tender in womb area also my back sore so got some strong painkillers :(

To call at 11 tomorrow to see how they are getting on and ET could be WED ;D ;D ;D

Michelle x

Offline pumpkin-pie

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #113 on: 20/09/10, 17:59 »
Michelle - thats a fab number of eggs, well done and no wonder you are sore.  Hope you get some good news tomorrow

Bambinoplease - its normal not to feel anything yet so dont worry and hopefully the next scan will give you some good news.

Offline bambinoplease

modify
« Reply #114 on: 20/09/10, 18:11 »
Wow Michelle thats brilliant news on the eggs!

x x x

Offline pinkfairy2

modify
« Reply #115 on: 20/09/10, 20:16 »
Thanks everyone who has replied. 

Thanks fizzy - I can't wait that long either (and I am only 25) so it looks like I have a lot of persuading my OH to do then.  It's so messed up, someone else said it was a year to a year and a half, which is a whole lot different to 2 and a half to 3.  That is a ridiculous time to wait.  Unmanageable.  Guess I will have to wait and see what they say tomorrow.  Do you think they are trying to push you into going private?  Maybe tomorrow I will be back on here asking about where the best place to go is! At least then I could have some control over when it would happen - being a primary teacher means that taking time off is a nightmare so would be ideal over some holiday or another.  And if I was private then I assume I could go for that (with some time frame anyway) eg next easter or something.

This is my worst nightmare.  Why could I not have money problems instead? It's like someone has picked the one thing that mattered to us and destroyed all our hope.  I have thought and thought about conselling and I just don;t know.  They couldn't tell me anything I don't already know, they can't wave a magic wand and fix the problem.  They can't make the wait and pain any less.  All they can do is try to persuade me to see a positive in life.  And at the moment there isn't one.  No matter how hard I try to pretend that this is a good thing, or that at least this or that hasn't happened, I can't.  Everyone else deals with it so much better than I can.  I don't really want to talk to someone about it because it means admitting to myself how I really feel.  I wish I could turn back the clock and change whatever has caused this.  I just wish I wasn't here.

Sorry everyone xx

Offline pumpkin-pie

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #116 on: 20/09/10, 20:33 »
Pinkfairy - Just want to send you a big  ^hugme^ .  It is so hard but you have to keep positive and believe that its going to happen.  We all would prefer that getting pregnant was a simple process like it is for the majority of women but for whatever reason for us it isnt, and we have to accept that.  I'm not sure what the waiting list is currently, for us it was nearly 3 years and it was a tough wait.  You could phone them and find out what the list is currently.  I think it has dropped from what it was from what other ladies have said.

We all have down days but we are all here to help you when you feel down and cheer you up  :) .  You say that its hard to see a positive in your life but you have your OH and you have to see the IVF not as a bad thing but as the route to getting your dream.  Hang in there  ^hugme^

Offline Frizzybee

• Un-Ranked
modify
« Reply #117 on: 20/09/10, 20:40 »
Do you have family or friends that you can talk to pinkfairy2?  It's amazing how much support they can give you!  If you get offered counselling you should take it.  We got offered counselling, however we declined, but that's not to say that we won't change our mind nearer the time. Everyone deals with things differently, don't get me wrong I have down days too, particularly when I'm waiting for my period, or when my nearest and dearest fall pregnant at the drop of a hat, but I just keep telling myself our time will come, and it will be worth it when it does.

Keep your chin up and good luck tomorrow.

Offline Frizzybee

• Un-Ranked
modify
« Reply #118 on: 20/09/10, 20:42 »
Sorry I forgot to say, that's fantastic news Michelle!  :)

Offline macgirl

modify
« Reply #119 on: 20/09/10, 20:59 »
Hi Pinkfairy - We will have waited 2 years on NHS by the time we believe my next treatment will come around (we self funded first treatment).  They usually give people around 6 months notice of their treatment starting - I guess top of the list means top of the list to be scheduled for treatment rather than actually having the treatment?!
  I did speak to one of the nurses in charge of the waiting list a few months ago and she said the aim is to get it down to 12 months but not sure how long that will take.  When I went on list in March 2009 it was 3 years long.  I am pretty furious about the reduction in attempts from 3 to 2.  I feel the goalposts have been moved from when we were referred for initial tests by our GP (May 2008) and then went on the waiting list (March 2009).  We thought we had 2 'free' attempts but it is only 1.    We were persuaded not to wait as I was 35 - now 36.  I think if you go private (i.e. to Spire or GCRM) then you can pretty much do when you want but if you self fund at ERI there is a wait - we waited 7 months! I felt the same as you about counselling but said to DH I would give it a go after having a bit of a public meltdown at a wedding recently.  Will let you know how it goes at the end of the week.

Michelle - great news on the eggs.  Hope they are all fertilising beautifully as I type! Rest up ready for the ET.

Pumpkin - we went to Bali (with a short stopover in Bangkok on the way home).  If anyone else would like to find another holiday for us during their 2WW for luck then that is fine ......... ;D   Finding it a bit cold as was about 30 degrees in Bali!  Am back to work tomorrow.

Hi to everyone else!

Tx

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal