* Author Topic: how will I know when thrush is gone?  (Read 2216 times)

0 Members

Offline hbrodie

• Please leave my bubbles on a 7 Thanks xxx
  • Gold Member
  • Emily, 13mth, on holiday in Arizona
modify
how will I know when thrush is gone?
« on: 31/08/10, 19:29 »
Hi.
I had antibiotics and my dd gor oral thrush through me BFing her. she passed it to me into my nipples but I didn't know til my HV told me when she saw my nips  ???  so both dd and I have been treated. dd is now ebm fed as BFing was very painfil and we never managed it properly  :-\  but at least she is getting my milk I guess  ;) 

anyway, her tongue is still coated white but it is worse post-feed...milk? or thrush? no red or white patches in her cheeks or pallette or lips, just the tongue is white in the middle-back.

my nipples still tingle but only when the let down occurs....thrush or let-down? they were bright pink, not now....thrush gone?

no longer got any tx for either of us....do I need to see my gp to make sure it is all gone? what do u think  ^idiot^

Offline Tracey and Neil

• Gold Member
modify
Re: how will I know when thrush is gone?
« Reply #1 on: 31/08/10, 20:12 »
You might find some of the conversations that have been had on this thread might be helpful... http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=244661.0

I know that with thrush they usually recommend you continue treatment after the infection appears to be gone as the fungus can exist in low enough numbers not to give any symptoms, but enough to start another infection.

Offline hbrodie

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #2 on: 31/08/10, 20:48 »
thanks tracey  ;D  I started that thread and have read it front to back  :)   ;) ^hugme^ 
might ring my BF counsellor lady tomorrow and get her to check my boobs 4 me and phoebe's mouth to see what she thinks. I am expressing my milk still and have loads in the freezer as I need to keep the expressing going to keep my supply up but I can't bear to throw it away once I have expressed it and she can't consume it at the rate I am expressing it so it ends up being froxzen at the end of  the day (what she has not had in the daytime) if it is thrushy I can't use it, but if it is clear I can....need to clarify really.

Offline Sal81

modify
« Reply #3 on: 31/08/10, 22:44 »
I started getting a painful let down when I got thrush but it continued for some months after the thrush had gone.

I had 3 courses of fluconazole and after the third I didn't think it had gone but my doctor refused to prescribe any more. I continued to use the Daktarin cream on my nipples and eventually it seemed to clear up. I knew that it had gone because my nipples weren't sore anymore. Also, my babies had really bad nappy rash which was thrush and kept reoccurring so when that stopped I knew theirs had gone.

Good luck,

Sal xxx

Offline hbrodie

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #4 on: 1/09/10, 13:04 »
thanks sal. no nappy rash here, good sign  ;)  the main thing is phoebe has a white tongue - mainly post feed but it is there all the time (central back of tonggue)

Offline Tracey and Neil

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #5 on: 1/09/10, 21:38 »
thanks tracey  ;D  I started that thread and have read it front to back
Like duh!!!  I'm sorry hon, what a dork I am.  Baby brain attack.

Offline hbrodie

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #6 on: 2/09/10, 19:37 »
 ;D ;D  I have days like that - wait, no, I am like it all the time  ;D ;D

I rang the bf nurse yesterday to ask her to check my nips and phoebe's mouth and she said best to see a HV and she was going to ask when the next drop in clinic was and ring me back. not heard anything from her  ^bigbad^  so I will ring HV tomorrow. might ask if I can pop in and see them TBH cos phoebe has a rash that has spread since 48hr ago.

I have heard of babies getting a rash in their nappy when they have thrush. phoebe has no nappy rash but her torso has come up in this rash - is this thrushy or eczema do you think? am gunna see gp tomrrow I hope...need to ring 1st thing.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh218/brodiehe/0053.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh218/brodiehe/0043.jpg

This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityFriends.co.uk or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Offline *Suze*

• Gold Member
  • Very proud big sister to be!
modify
« Reply #7 on: 3/09/10, 19:45 »
hey hun

i was the same as Sal and had 3 courses (10days per course) and still had some soreness after all that (id had it for 7 weeks prior to starting the tx) but dr wouldn't prescribe any more so just used the daktarin cream, took the grapefruit seed extract tabs and the acidophillus tabs every day and it seemed to just fade away

so as long as phoebe is clear (libby was clear after only a few days of tx) and you arent having any shooting pains/sore nips/achy boobs then id say you're clear too ;)

hope its so hun so you can get back to feeding her yourself  ^pray^

love
Suze xx

Offline hbrodie

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #8 on: 3/09/10, 20:38 »
oooh I will go to holland and barratt tomorrow and get those supplements u talk about. they r safe in BF then?
I get the odd shooting pain in my right boob and my nips feel sensitive but I am unsure if this is due to all the expressing I have done. they look bruised / purple on the tips, not bright pink like they were when really bad. HV says the purple is from too much exoressing but I only do it on the lowest setting and stop when the milk slows down...maybe I just have sensitive nipples cos, tbh, they have had a battering from day 1 and we are now almost 7 weeks on  ::)  I shall plod on with my cream then  ;)

Offline *Suze*

• Gold Member
  • Very proud big sister to be!
modify
« Reply #9 on: 4/09/10, 18:08 »
ah bless you hun, i remember the purple nips well.....promise they will get better  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

as for the meds, i got the grapefruit seed extract tabs from amazon as holland a barrett dont do them but the acidophillus was from them

hope that helps lady

love
Suze xx

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal