* Author Topic: Summer Starbursts - August/September 2011 Cycle Buddies - Part 1  (Read 106714 times)

0 Members

Offline Little_Miss_Bossy

• Gold Member
modify
Re: Just starting out with IVF treatment
« Reply #230 on: 9/03/11, 11:13 »
Hi again,

OK not as bad as I was expecting!. Follies still need to grow more but it seems that they are finally on their way! Next scan Friday and then ec provisionally arranged for Monday. Fingers crossed!

Lou, welcome! My best advice I can give you right now, is take each day as it comes. Try not to worry about what happens in the future, just keep what you are doing now in your mind. Best of luck to you xxx

Offline WycombeWife

modify
« Reply #231 on: 9/03/11, 13:46 »
Hi Karen

Great news, EC on Monday! Will be thinking of you   ^hugme^.

Sorry, been off the FF boards for a while but back on as I've changed to a London clinic and started  Microgynon at the weekend. I think Betsy and I are cycling together.  :)

Take care everyone, sending lots of babydust
 ^fairydust^

Offline ziggy0

modify
« Reply #232 on: 10/03/11, 10:40 »
Great news Karen and good luck for monday....have everythign crossed for you!!!!!  xx

Offline Apple Tree

• Un-Ranked
  • I am starting IVF
modify
« Reply #233 on: 10/03/11, 13:16 »
Hi Lou, everyone,

I am also totally new in this situation. Since I am 41 yrs, IVF would be our best opinion. I am taking pills to control my mc, next scan will be in 2 weeks.

In the meantimes, we have to choose sperm donor, this is exhausting progress, I hope our decision will be made in 2 weeks to meet the schedule.

Thanks everyone sharing your precious info and experience, wish u and me good luck!

hi everyone,

i am totally new to this and so glad to hear that there are lots of other people in the same situation.

My husband and i have embarked on IVF after 2.5 yrs of trying.  My husband has a low morphology so we are going through IVF with ICSI.  I am on the pill and i am going to start 'sniffing' next week.   My husband and i feeling positive as we have been told we have 65%-75% success rate (this is our first cycle).

What we are both really struggling with though is firstly the dreaded 16 day wait to find out if i am pregnant and secondly doing the actual pregnancy test to see if IVF has worked.  There have been a few times previously that we have thought i might have been pregnant ( i have been late) but it turns out that it was false.  So we have done a pregnany test and obviously each time it has been negative.  So all my hubby and i associate a pregnancy test with is a negative response and we just feel that it is a bad omen!! i know some of you are probably thinking we have lsot the plot!!!

So .... i was just wondering if anyone else has felt like this and if you have any tips on how to be a bit more positive about this part of the cycle!!

Any thoughts are more than welcome.

Lots of luck to everyone on this message board!!

Lou

Offline Betsy SW

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #234 on: 10/03/11, 19:49 »
Hi Ladies

Karen - good luck for tomorrow and Monday!  Hope that all goes well for you.

Wycombe Wife - Yes it looks like we are cycle buddies, hurrah!  I have my next scan on 4th April, I have a couple more weeks of Microgynon left and then I start sniffing.  How are you feeling at the moment?!  I keep veering from excitement to worry and fear, I've heard that it is fairly common to feel that way...

I'm away for a few days, looking forward to hearing how everyone is doing when I get back :-)

Betsy xx

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #235 on: 11/03/11, 11:10 »
Hi all,

Good news! Egg collection Monday!!! Very excited! Lets just hope that everything goes well  ^pray^ and that it becomes a trend for success for all of us!

Betsy, hope you have a good rest  :)

Best of luck to everyone with upcoming appointments.

xxx

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #236 on: 13/03/11, 10:42 »
Hi all,

Feeling very nervous now! Had to stay up til 11 o'clock (I'm normally in bed by 10!) last night to have my pregnyl injection which was given the same way as my other injections. It hurt a little more then the others and felt strangely cold! Nothing going on today, apparently a day of rest, but I don't feel very restful! Didn't sleep much last night and don't expect I will tonight, so just going to keep activities to a minimum today. Will let you know how I get on.
 ^hugme^ to all xxx

Offline ziggy0

modify
« Reply #237 on: 14/03/11, 08:36 »
Good luck today Karen will be thinking about you!!!!!  Let us know how you get on sending you lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^.

xxx

Offline leinlondon

modify
« Reply #238 on: 14/03/11, 09:13 »
Good luck today Karen and I am thinking of you and sending loads of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ for lots of nice eggies today!! xx

Betsy - hope you have a lovely few days away, where did you go, anywhere nice? xx

Apple Tree - wishing you loads of luck with your journey, and with choosing the donor, it does sound exhausting xx  ^hugme^

WW - Think I've said hello to you previously somewhere. I hope your break from the boards was relaxing, and brilliant news that you have started with a new clinic, are they going to be doing things differently for you? x

Lou - I was in a similar situation to you a few weeks ago. We had been trying for nearly 2.5 years, in that time I had an ectopic pregnancy which ruptured at 8 weeks and had my tube removed last June, then I went onto Clomid for 8 months then just decided IVF was our best option. It really is not as bad as you imagine, however I am only half way through the first cycle so I shouldn't tempt fate! The sniffing did make me very tired so make sure you are able to take it relatively easy in the next few weeks. I felt a lot better when I started stimming, the injections really aren't too bad, my DH did mine for me. (PS you don't have to buy your drugs from the clinic, it can sometimes be loads cheaper to get them elsewhere so worth shopping around). I responded very quickly and had a lot of follies so felt quite uncomfortable towards the end. Collection wasn't too bad but I think I have got mild OHSS since collection as I have been very bloated and uncomfortable, this has been the worst bit so far and I wasn't really prepared for it. 2ww is going to be mad as well, but as for your fears about the pregnancy test, would it help if you and DH didn't do one at home and only did the blood test at the clinic? If you have bad memories of pregnancy tests (I have got through so many over the years so I know the feeling of despair attached to them) then this might help you? Wishing you loads and loads of luck with your first cycle x

AFM - am currently hoping the mild OHSS goes down, am drinking loads of lucozade, milk and water but have not been able to fit in much food as so bloated. I responded very quickly on a very small dose of Gonal F and triggered on day 8 after only 7 days of stimms. I bought too much Gonal F!! Our egg collection went ok last Thurs, but from 25 follicles we got only 12 eggs, 7 of them were mature and 5 have fertilised (I know this is quite good but I was expecting more eggs given the number of follies). On the day we had a bit of a surprise when DH's sample went down from its normal 60m level to 16m, this has never happened before and they think it is a blip. It's going to cost us though as it meant we had to have ICSI so that's an extra 1300. Yesterday (day 3) all 5 embryos were doing well and we had 4 grade 1, 8-cell embryos and 1 grade 1 4-cell embryo which they said might catch up... so we are going to blast stage. Yesterday and today are quite nerve-wracking!! We go in tomorrow for ET, all being well.

Karen - let us know how you get on hon, you are in my thoughts! xx

Offline WycombeWife

modify
« Reply #239 on: 14/03/11, 17:59 »
Hi Leinlondon

Thanks for all the personals, and great news to hear that you are going to blasto stage.  You sound very calm despite all the little hiccups you have had. I'm at the Lister too and I like it ;D.  I'm on microgynon until 22nd when I have a scan and then hopefully start sniffing.

Betty - cycle buddy - how are you doing? I'm pretty cool at the moment - tired (but when am I not!) Baked three cakes at the weekend, but don't worry I didn't eat them all myself!

Karen - hope today's collection went well and the embies are getting it on tonight.

Good luck all.   ^Cuddle^

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal