* Author Topic: Summer Starbursts - August/September 2011 Cycle Buddies - Part 1  (Read 110350 times)

0 Members

Offline monja

modify
Re: looking for buddy for begining of September
« Reply #320 on: 3/06/11, 21:24 »
Hi Dorothy,

My husband and I have been TTC for the last 8 years, all though we have not used contraception for the last 11 years.
We don`t have any kids YET  :) but we will.
After our first treatment we said we would give it one more go.
It was so much heart ache.
We got as far as getting only 3 eggs after 6 weeks of drugs. The next day we got the call that none had fertilised and it was the end of the road.
If this one doesn`t work, we are going down the route of adoption.
We currently live in Northern Ireland and are having treatment over here.
Our first go was over NHS, this one is private.

Do you live in Cyprus or just there for the treatment?

Monja x

Offline heppy2002

modify
« Reply #321 on: 4/06/11, 11:05 »
Hi Monja,

It is a heartache and it ok family and friends saying you will get over it etc but it stays with you. I live in Scotland just across the water from you.You are lucky to have got  your first IVF on the NHS, we were not because my husband already had kids and when we had tried for several years naturally we were older than the 38 cut off they have. So we fund it ourselves..We looked at adoption also bu my need to have my own took us off that road. I searched the internet every minute i have looking for a clinic with the best results in women my age and that would perform the procedures we needed, I then came across Cyprus. Spoke to them and emailed them and they seemed fine spoke with my GP who asked for a letter from the clinic which they did, she then researched the clinic and said what she had found out was all good so hence we decided they were it.

Work have been good at letting me away for GP appointments and scans etc so cant complain. I am about to start the pill to regulate my periods and at end of August i will start taking my hormone tablets Estradil, then shortly after that i will go for transvaginal scan again to measure thickness of linning, they may increase estradil or not. After scan we then fly out to Cyprus as my donor has been stimulated and her eggs are ready to collect. The day after we arrive my hubby goes for his surgery and my egg donors eggs are collected. They then combine the two and the eggs are then transferred back at the 8 cell stage. The clinic advise 3 eggs are inserted to give me a max chance of success. We fly home a few days later and then the waiting game begins.

I am more confident this time than when we were in Denmark, which is good. In actual fact so is my hubby and our daughter sees us having twins, she has had several dreams of me with twins. I a way i hope so but then again two at the one time frightens me, lol.

In between us doing our treatment we are off on holiday so it wont be long. I go to Altinkum on the 7/7/11 for 2 weeks so really looking forward to that as hubby says if we have a bay no foreign holidays for a while, he thinks it is unfair taking a baby/infant to a hot foreign country, me i think the opposite it never hurt me.

So how is your hubby, i think sometimes we forget that they are going through this also? Mine is nervous about his surgery but it is for a good cause.

Im on night shift tonight and should be getting a sleep but im not tired so going off a walk this my dogs well puppies. I have two dogue de bordeaux one 12 month and one 2. they are my babies at the moment.

Hope to chat soon 

Offline Mrs E xx

• Gold Member
  • work hard, play hard and laugh hard !!!
modify
Re: Waiting for ICSI - August Start...
« Reply #322 on: 6/06/11, 11:04 »
hey ladies,
im afraid im going to be leaving this thread.
im due to start tx on the 15th august, so means tx will be over sep/oct (ec 3oct)

it was lovely to meet you all
love stacey xx

Offline monja

modify
« Reply #323 on: 6/06/11, 19:25 »
Hi Dorothy,

Can`t believe it, but the clinic pulled our Treatment forward and we are now waiting for this months Period to arrive so we can get started....
I feel so lucky right now. Just can`t believe they were so helpful.
It`s all happening so quickly. it`s only 4 weeks since our last treatment failed.
Can`t stop smiling....  ;D

I`m going to walk my furry babies now....

Hope you are doing ok?

Monja x

Offline Totoro

• My kitten Totoro {^_^}
modify
« Reply #324 on: 7/06/11, 14:57 »
Hi Guys!

Nice to meet you all! I've just had my first cycle of ICSI & IVF which unfortunately didn't work. I'm pretty heartbroken but am trying to look forward to my next cycle. The FS said we can start when my August AF arrives, so that should be beginning of August. If I'm on long protocol again my OTD will be in October so I might post this on that thread too, until I know.

^reiki^  ^hugme^ & ^fairydust^ to everyone xxx

Offline Bluemaomao

modify
« Reply #325 on: 7/06/11, 18:11 »
Hi ladies  :)

I'm joining the thread as I'm down for ICSI, most likely short protocol starting in August. It'll be my 4th tx - haven't had much luck with it so far - of my 3 previous attempts, only one ever got to ET! I'm a really poor responder  :(  I'm waiting to join the queue for DE treatment here in Sweden, but in the meantime we're having one last go with my own eggs through a different doctor to the 1st 3 attempts. Fingers crossed!  ^reiki^ ^pray^

To be honest, given my poor track record, I think DE is the way to go for me, but we're going for this one last go with OE just so that we know that we did everything we possibly could.

Me and DH are off to Turkey tomorrow for 2 weeks and I can't wait!  ^pompom^

Hi Totoro.. we were on the last cycle together. Its our turn to shine then hey?!  ;D

Looking forward to meeting the rest of you!  ^hugme^

Offline Totoro

• My kitten Totoro {^_^}
modify
« Reply #326 on: 8/06/11, 11:34 »
HI Bluemaomao! It most defintely is!!! Hope you have a lovely hoilday, I'm very jealous xxx

Offline Revols

modify
« Reply #327 on: 9/06/11, 21:29 »
Hi ladies looks like Im going to be going earlier for treatment June or July  ;D good luck to you all when the time comes.  ^hugme^ ^pray^ ^reiki^

Offline Totoro

• My kitten Totoro {^_^}
modify
« Reply #328 on: 10/06/11, 12:14 »
Revols Good luck!  ^reiki^ ^hugme^ ^fairydust^

Offline sarahk83

• Un-Ranked
modify
Re: Just starting out with IVF treatment
« Reply #329 on: 10/06/11, 13:27 »
Hi everyone

I'm new to this site, been with fertility doctor for 6 years, 7 miscarriage's later and my tubes are completely blocked now
so i have been put for ivf, i have had my first scan and now just waiting for the 23rd to start my injections really really nervous
been through years of hurt and upset don't know if i can cope with anymore.
Would just like some advice and support through this process as i have read all your stories and u all seem lovely.

Karen i have read all your post what an inspiration you are i really hope things work this time round i have all my fingers and toes crossed for you xxx ;D

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal