* Author Topic: BFP's, pregnancy and parenting in wales  (Read 49313 times)

0 Members

Offline Vixxx

modify
Re: BFP's, pregnancy and parenting in wales
« Reply #170 on: 2/06/11, 18:34 »
Evening Ladies!
I have a quick question for anyone who gave birth at the Heath Hospital in Cardiff, if you don't mind?  Could you tell me if there is wifi access in the postnatal ward?  And if not, is there sufficient mobile phone signal to use a dongle effectively?  I'm likely to be in for a while and want to be prepared!
Thank you very much.
Vixxx

Offline sun dancer

modify
« Reply #171 on: 2/06/11, 21:56 »
Evening all just a quick post frm me as i hav had a busy day
Went for my scan this afternoon (21wks) both babies r doing very well there is a small issue wiv 1 of the twins nothing 2 worry bowt 2 much as its not life threating so i hav got 2 go 2 cardiff nxt wednesday for a scan. They could only see 1 kidney on the top twin there is sum thing there but lower down dont know if its the other kidney or a fluid sack. The twin is laying in an akward postion tucked up under my ribs a little and wound not turn so she couldnt get a gd look frm a different angle.Im not 2 worried as there is many people out there that live normal lives wiv only 1 kidney. Back in 3wks for another scan (growth scan) and 2 see the consultant.
hope everyone else is doing ok x x
sorry vixxx cant help u out dont know anything bowt the heath but im sure sum 1 will b along 2 help u out x x

Offline Mari0609

modify
« Reply #172 on: 3/06/11, 08:52 »
Hello sun dancer- great to hear from you, yes when the babies tucked under an ackward position will be difficult to check everything, I had to re-scan 3 times to get all organs and measurement checked the other day. I am sure your both babies will be fine, sending you lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Hi to Sprinkles- how are you hun, do keep us post ok!

Hi Vixx- I have been in/out Heath during my tx, never cross my mine to bring laptops (I am a serious workaholic !), sorry can't help you, I guess you can call and check with receptionist or some one might have experience able to give you advice. How far are you?

Afm, guess LO is doing lots of  ^babycrawl^ especially when I put the music loud, I can feel when I put my hand on my bump, rather fun, poor dh can't wait to test drive but have to wait until next weekend when he is back.

Offline Sprinkles1170

modify
« Reply #173 on: 4/06/11, 10:01 »
Hi Mari. Thanks for thinking of me! Isn't it sad, I still read and catch up on you all every day!
I'm doing ok thanks. I have been over in the states having an operation to hopefully get me somewhere close to term next pregnancy. Slight set back, in that I have abnormal smears again, so not sure what will happen now. I was due to cycle at the end of July, with EC on about my due date of the twins!!
Still trying to say positive and hope that it happens.
Hope you are all ok.
Keep posting, cos I love Reading!
Sprinkles x

Offline Mari0609

modify
« Reply #174 on: 4/06/11, 11:58 »
Hi Sprinkles- great to hear from you and hope the op goes well, I had colposcopy done few years ago, since them every year I have repeat test done, so far so good and I hope your will be the same, hope you have a quick recovery and I am very positive that your next tx will be a good news! Be strong and sending you lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Offline kara76

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
« Reply #175 on: 4/06/11, 12:03 »
Sundancer I'm glad ur not overly worried cause I know a few people with 1 kidney and taffygirl over on the ivf wales board , her little boy has one normal and one cystic

Sprinkles lovely to hear from you and I pray your next smear is clear so you can start your next cycle. Hope the op went well

Mari lovely having so many movements

Juls how are you

Hiya everyone

Offline Vixxx

modify
« Reply #176 on: 4/06/11, 22:13 »
Evening Ladies

Mari0609 - I certainly wasn't thinking of working in hospital - more about keeping in touch and being on FF!  I am 33 weeks now, but after an appointment last week they have given me steriods because of measuring big (37 and 35 weeks!), tightenings and twin 1 engaged, so I am a bit concerned I might be in for a while. 

I am soooo pleased to have finished work now.  Was meant to have finished a week ago but had to do the extra week for various reasons.  I feel so much better now not having done anything today.  I didn't even leave the house except to go in the garden.  And I got a couple of hours in bed this afternoon - luxury. 

Hoping to keep the bubbas in for another few weeks - 3 is may aim - and to be able to have a bit of time on maternity leave to enjoy it and do all those things you want to do when pregnant but I couldn't when working.  Hope to get to aquanatal on Tuesday and maybe even book a pregnancy massage for later in the week.  Anyone else done the massage or reflexology thing while quite pregnant, or accupuncture? (I had accu for tx but not while pg).

Hope everyone has a relaxing Sunday and take care!

Offline Juls78

• Quirky Volunteer extraordinaire/
  • VIP Member Sponsor
modify
« Reply #177 on: 5/06/11, 21:38 »
vixx- hope you can keep going for a few more weeks- i have been having accu since before ecand still having it now- i love it!! and probably too scared to stop as things heve been going really well

Kara i'm good hun, how aare you?? hows the walking going??? Made any tx decisions yet??

Mari- glad all is ok with you, i am having movements now- we have started discussing things we need now too. We have decided not to get a moses basket but will get a crib for our bedroom and use the carrycot from the pram for sleeping baby downstairs- o can't be doing with carrying baskets and stands upstairs all the time. We have looked at the mammas and pappas ultima travel systems- looking ok so far- not actually seen them folded up etc but have been told the matresses are good and lots of bits can be bought for it. We will prob start looking properly in a month or so.

Sprinkles hopefully your smears will be one of those incon=venient but nothing to worry about things!! thinking of you!xxx

Afm- well i am def now feeing movements- was starting to worry but at 21 weeks and 3 days they are now obvious!! Funny how 1 day can make a difference. I am huuugeee though- i thik i look 7 months but mw said all is good just i was a bit bigger to start with lol .  Heartburn is still there but one swig of gavisgon ( peppermint - it has to be the peppermint one) and all is good again. I am trying to sleep on my left side but i am a back sleeper!! dh compared me to the hippo from the silentnight add!!! and he said he was the chick!! mmmm  :o   sorry i havn't been on for a while but work has been bonkers with a new headteacher starting after easter. 6 weeks left before the summer hols!! whoohhoooo!!!! will be more active on here then!

julsxx

Offline Mari0609

modify
« Reply #178 on: 6/06/11, 11:35 »
Hi Vixx- I  ^pray^ and hope your twins can hold on for few more weeks, glad you are a free women, should put your feet up and relax as you deserve it. Are you op for natural birth?

Hi Juls- haa haa  ^roflmao^ I likes hippo more in fact I look like a whale when I put on the swim wear .... u can imagine how much water waste when I jump into the pool!!! Oh yes, I also bump into bedpost middle of night when I go to loo, make me laugh! I used to closed my eye while going to loo and never have any accident before but lately my big bump seems bumping into things!!!  Glad you have so many movement with your LO, is amazing isn't it, I can't get enough looking at my big bump, luckily I work for myself so I can stop anytime just to indulge myself with silly smile. We will be test drive the baby stuff when we are off work end of the month and will definately try out the model Kara introduce.

Hi sun dancer- hope the scan goes well today, do keep us post ok!

Hi seren- haven't hear from you, if you read this please do keep us update ya.

Hi kara- how are you? have you and tyler have a great time ... has she start talking yet? 

Offline Vixxx

modify
« Reply #179 on: 6/06/11, 18:53 »
Evening everyone  :)

Juls78 - your accu sounds good.  I have booked a pregnancy massage for Friday so that's something to look forward to!  I would really love to have some pg reflexology too, but can't find anyone around Cardiff way that does it.  It's great when you start to feel the movements, isn't it, and strange how it seems to happen just overnight! 

Mari - I am down for a section on the basis of my DS's birth (I had hoped for all natural, waterbirth, chanting, bells, lamas, hippy stuff etc   ;D , but ended up with an 18+ hour labour, failure to progress, baby in distress, very emergency section...)

I was planning to go to aquanatal tomorrow, but just tried on my pg swimsuit and there's a bit of a problem in the lower half!  TMI but because I am very big with twins, the bottom of my bump pretty much goes straight out horizontal from my bikini line rather than sloping upwards, and sort of has a gap!  Oh dear, not a pretty sight...

Hope everyone is enjoying the sunny evening.

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal