* Author Topic: BFP's, pregnancy and parenting in wales  (Read 46970 times)

0 Members

Offline tonia vel

modify
Re: BFP's, pregnancy and parenting in wales
« Reply #220 on: 24/06/11, 22:01 »
good evening  ladies

hope u dont mind me joining in i was just reading up the last few pages about prams u r all getting im really thinking of getting a nice silvercross coach pram cos in due in jan and love babies to be wrapped up plus i can us it in the home save buying a crib then by the time the baby is sitting up next summer will be able to have a nice sun canopy and still use the pram for walks but ive also been given a 3 wheel Jane pram off my friend after my god daughter with is a really nice pram to push 

when is everyone one else due on this site and were in wales is everyone from

Offline Vixxx

modify
« Reply #221 on: 25/06/11, 12:23 »
Hello Everybody

Sorry I haven't read back, but it's been 10 days since I was last online, so no personals and a very quick "me" post: 

My waters went early in the morning of Wednesday last week, 15 June when I was 34+4.  I went down to the Heath where I spent 6 hours in the assessment unit as they rang round all the other hospitals, looking for somewhere with 2 neonatal beds, as their own unit was full.  It wasn't looking good, and they had got as far afield as Birmingham  but with no luck.  Eventually, the Royal Glam got back to them saying they now had room for me plus 2 in neonatal, so I was ambulanced up there. Meanwhile, I had started contracting, and there was a bit of a wait for theatre (I was down for a section) but we eventually got in at about 7pm and Alys was born at 7.20pm weighing 5lb 8oz and Thomas at 7.21pm weighing 6lb 13oz.   Thomas had to spend some time in special care, and Alys on the photobed due to jaundice, and we have had some challenges around feeding due to this and their prematurity, but we all came home last night.  They are gorgeous!

I really hope everyone is doing well, and will try and catch up with you all over the next few days.

Offline Mari0609

modify
« Reply #222 on: 25/06/11, 17:33 »
Hi Vixx- Congratulations!!! you must be tired but enjoy being motherhood ok and do send us picture with your cute babies!!!

Hi tonia- welcome, sorry I can't help you with the silver cross model as we are getting Oyster one as much lighter and fit into our car boot.

Hi kara- hope Tyler is ok after the jabs, poor cute little girl, give her big hug from me ok.

Hi Jul- how are you? how's the mw appointment went? I will be seeing mw on Monday, hope everything will be ok.

Hi Sun dancer- how are u hun?

Offline kara76

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
« Reply #223 on: 25/06/11, 17:40 »
Vixx so chuffed for you as u know. Enjoy being a family of 5

Offline Juls78

• Quirky Volunteer extraordinaire/
  • VIP Member Sponsor
modify
« Reply #224 on: 25/06/11, 18:33 »
awwwww vixxx- congratulations!!! i wasn't expecting that!!!  ^idiot^  i just assumed you were busy!! So when was your original c section booked for?

So glad everything is now ok- and you are all home safe and well!  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

tonia vel- i am  near llanelli, sorry i can't help with the silver cross- not looked into them too much- look lovely on google though. The ultima sounds very similar. i am not going for a moses basket wither so will be using the carrycot in the lounge for day sleeping.

Mari- mw went really well, need to drink more water but apart from that all ok, heartbeat strong she said. size is good- but i feel huge- maybe because i am so short.  next mw appointment at 30 weeks- my word!!!! got a consultant appointment at 28 weeks though.

Kara- how has tyler been since the mmr? Bless xx  We should have a meet up in the summer hols- we could meet in carmarthen. Do you still meet up with the ladies from ivf wales?

mariclaire- i am going for the non fixed wheels one i think!! went into M&P this morning after accu to have a look and it is still my favourite- actually i love it!! she gave me a price quote and i nearly fell through the floor. Ok it has everything- not quite the kitchen sink but everything else- 800. Dh mouth dropped too. So thats the chassie, carrycot, buggy thingy, car seat- (all fit the chassie) a stand for the lounge, an isofix base and a breatheable matress for longer spells/night sleeping ohhhhh yeah and not to forget the insect net lol so going with dh tomorrow to have a play, see how it moves, folds etc etc sooooooooooo exciting!!!! here we go!!! will probably try a few others too just to get a feel.

well people say i am blooming! i am still tired though- came home and been in bed for 3 hours- maybe the week is catching up with me. Could be the cidp adding to the tiredness though too. 4 day week next week due to the strike- think i will clear out the kitchen cupboards!!

julsxx

Offline sun dancer

modify
« Reply #225 on: 28/06/11, 18:20 »
Evening all
Vixxx congrats 2 u both on the arrival of ur 2 little ones i did post on the ivf wales thread hope u r all settling in well
Tonia welcome cant help u out wiv the pram sorry hope u r doing well x
A big hi 2 marie juls marieclare and kara hope u r all enjoying this lovely weather marieclare not long left for u x
Afm had my 24wk growth scan yesterday and both babies r measuring brill fliud is normal around them so they r doing well cant ask for anything more im so so happy also we met wiv the consultant she was very nice bk 2 c her in 4wks. Got 2 go bk up 2 cardiff thursday for another scan for the consultant up there 2 keep an eye on twin 2 will keep u posted how it goes x x

Offline Vixxx

modify
« Reply #226 on: 28/06/11, 20:26 »
Hello Everyone!

Thanks for all your best wishes - it really is lovely to hear from everybody!

My original EDD was 23 July, and I was due to get a date for my section the day after my waters went - consultant said it was likely to be 38 or 39 weeks.  Needless to say, I never got a chance to have that conversation!  I really thought I wouldn't come that early - maybe because my DS was born at 40+2 so I thought we would get to at least 37 weeks this time.

Sundancer - are you under CF in Cardiff?  I was and thought she was very good.  And big congratulations on reaching 24 weeks!

Juls - yes, I thought I had a good few weeks of maternity leave left to get things sorted out before they arrived.  Turns out not!  We have got most things but I hadn't had a chance to sort them out.  The big thing we hadn't done was change our car... That's going to be a bit of a struggle now.  I had also determined to be a better FF and post more, but now am, absolutely exhausted and while I do read (while I'm feeding the babies) it's not so easy to post.

Mari - how are you doing?  Getting things ready?  Hope you are ok.

Kara - hope Tyler is feeling better now after her various spots and jabs and you are able to chill and enjoy the weather.

Tonia - sorry, I don't know about the Silver Cross - I've got a Baby Jogger City Mini.

Hope everyone else is well and enjoying the weather!

Offline sun dancer

modify
« Reply #227 on: 28/06/11, 20:34 »
Hia Vixxx im under consultant beattie fetal medicine as twin 2 only got 1 kidney
im under neath port talbot for everything else and booked in2 bridgend 2 hav the twins x x

Offline kara76

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
« Reply #228 on: 28/06/11, 21:29 »
Sundancer you are under one of the best fetal medicine cons in wales I think. Good to here all is going well

Juls meet up in carmarthen would be great, we should arrange something asap and I wana see bump

Vixx hiya hun. I posted on the other thread about feeding. Bet it seems weird not to have even reach ur due date lol

Marieclaire almost time now girl

Mari how's life with u

Tonia are you settling in here

Sprinkles still thinking of you

I'm sure I've missed someone but posting on phone is a nightmare

Afm tyler still has spots and is a little out of sorts but is teething too so I forgive her. Went swimming today and she loves rhe water

Offline Sprinkles1170

modify
« Reply #229 on: 29/06/11, 23:33 »
Hi everyone.
Vixx congratulations!!!! Wow I can't believe the twins are here. You must be over the moon.
Sun Dancer. How u coping?  Hope the twins are growing nicely. Bridgend is a great delivery unit!
Marie. How r u?
Kara. Thanks for thinking of me.
Hi to everyone else.

AFM. Doing really well. Had smear and biopsy yesterday. Really hoping it's all ok so that I can restart ICSI. Really want to be back here officially!!
Though I have to say, I'm addicted to you all anyway and read every day!!

xxx

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal