Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

BFP's, pregnancy and parenting in wales

103K views 1K replies 30 participants last post by  LittleMissM 
#1 ·
Hi all

this is a thread for you lucky ladies and gents that have had successful treatment, whether you have just got your BFP or your now a proud mum. You can talk freely about your hopes, dreams and concerns and i hope you enjoy your new home while still supporting those that you have been on this roller coaster with.

can i please remind you that this shall be the only thread on the Wales board for this special time yet please feel free to join the babydust boards here http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=28.0

I shall pop a list on this page if you like so add your details

kara - DD Tyler May 05.05.2010

#1,002 ·
Sammy nice to hear from you, glad you are ok x

Sammy & Kara, thanks for the info re c-section I am definately swaying more towards it. I hate the idea of having one vag & one csection. Will speak to midwife tomorrow x

Kara, I've never watched one born every minute before but am looking forward to seeing it tomorrow night x

AfM, We have two very active babies at the moment, think one is sat on a nerve and kicking me & the other is bouncing on my bladder! x

#1,003 ·
Hiya all- sorry just a quicki cos i want a bath!!!

I have never watched 1 born every minute cos it hurt so much- self preservation i suppose- can't wait to watch tomorrow though.xx

As for csections- right- i found it amazing- i think it makes a difference when it is planned  not emergency- i was up and about less than 24 hours after it- a bit woozy and slow but all functioning. I honestly didn't really have too much pain and really felt normal after 2 weeks. still wasn't allowed to drive though, gp told me to enjoy being pampered- i wanted to get out and about. that was the worst part as i am too far away to walk to the shops etc.  right got to go.... feed then bath!!! for me lol

Kara- i understand- i miss being pg already!! and there isno chance of number 2!!!

julsxx

#1,004 ·
Juls so so nice to hear from u. Fancy a meet up one day in carmarthen

I was out of bed about 10hrs after the section and only had pain when laughing, coughing or being sick due to pre eclampsia or and breast feeding when the uterus contacts. I had the section early hrs wednesday morning and went home and to tescos on the saturday and out to watch drifting on the sunday and pretty much got on with things as normal which surprised me, I recovered very quicky. My milk was longer coming in than if I d managed a natural birth and tyler was a nightmare to fed as she had a lot of mucus which is common with section babies. My scar is so neat and only about an inch is visable now. A section certaining isn't an easy option but its not as bad as lots of people think well not for me anyway

#1,005 ·
Em- The nursery is already cream so don't have to paint thank good :) still wait for my nursery furniture to be delivered :( rang today and they said it had been out of stock will be delivered 18th jan . Prob start sorting it the month after. X

Hi jules :) hope u had a lovely Christmas, god I used to watch one born every minute all the time when we were trying to get pregnant then I'd get hysterical thinking I'd  never get to do it , so stupid really dp stopped me watching it in the end !! So be glad to watch it and not feel sad .  :) x

Kara - hope u and Tyler had a fab Xmas :) bet she was spoilt !! Xx

Sammy - hi Hun how are u ?? How's ur bump looking :) you know yourself Crmw are pretty good never had a problem booking anything with them I'm sure they will have space at pretty short notice . Give them a ring Hun xx

Sue- how's your bump coming along ?? U starting to look pregnant yet . Hope u and your little family had a awesome time over Xmas x

#1,006 ·
Helen - We ended up at out of hours over xmas as Jack had a chest infection, but aside from that he was happy and xmas went completely over his head. Well he is only 5 month bless.
My jelly belly  ;D is starting to poke out and dh says I look preggers but I think I just look fat  ;D ;D thanks for asking.

Emnige - Glad twins are active bet that gave you some relief  :)
That link was very funny - I hullicinated on gas and air and said there was a giant bee in the room, dh and mw tried to tell me one was in teh room, but I just laughed at them and was convinced only I could see it!  ;D

OBEM - I love the show, I watched it religiously when preggers with Jack and just laughed at some of the women - especially on the US version, they never use gas and air, whats with that!  :eek: - and just said 'I wont be like that' and thankfully I wasnt.

#1,007 ·
Helen,  can't wait to get started on Nursery! Me & DP just got back from Ikea. We had a look at their wardrobes, I was quite impressed. Didn't buy anything but think we have seen one we like so might order online x

LittleMissM, they're really active today as well! Sometimes when they move it makes me jump! Lol@the giant bee! Sounds like gas and air is a must to me!

Can I ask for your advice about cotbed matresses. I'm not sure which ones are best to buy and don't want to spend a fortune as obv have to buy two of everything. I looked in IKEA but some were really firm and others really soft. Should they be soft, firm or in the middle?! I'm clueless!

AFM, had a midwife appointment this morning. My midwife wasn't available though (not sure why) so saw a different one who was just as nice. She took my blood pressure which was fine, as was my pee sample! Yay! Then I lay on the bed and she measured my tummy 28cm which she said was good? I have no idea but good is good to me! She then felt where the babies were and the smaller one (the one on my right side) was head down, she said the one on the left was twin 1 and that she would probably be delivered first. She then listened to their heartbeats with the doppler and when the midwife went to listen for a second time and put the doppler on my stomach the baby on the left kicked the doppler!! It was so funny! I did ask about c-sections but the midwife said I would need to speak to the consultant about this next time I see her?! Oh well, we are seeing the cons next Thursday so will ask then. I also mentioned about a stingy patch on my belly (no visible marks but I just get a stinging sensation there now and again which gets quite painful). The midwife had no idea so will also ask cons on Thursday about this. Other than that though all was well. As my midwife was away I didn't get my Matb1 form but the midwife said she lives not far from me so would write one a try to drop it off to me this week or post. I won't hold my breath though. Have another midwife appointment in 3 weeks time so will ask my midwife for MATb1 if I haven't had it by then x

Hope everyone is ok xxx

#1,008 ·
Hi Girls.
I think I've typed this message a dozen times, then chickened out.

I'd like to join you (again...again....)
My first 2 attempts ended in disaster, so to say I'm hoping third time lucky is an understatement.

I joined this thread when we were on page 1, and can honestly say I have read the thread everyday (which Kara knows I do!)

In my first pregnancy I lost my twin girls at 20 weeks.
In the second I had an early loss.
So to say I am nervous being back here is an understatement!

I had a natural FET at CRGW in October, and am currently 14weeks 6 days with a singleton pregnancy.
I'm not trying to make any of you scared. I've just been unlucky.
But thought I'd better explain my paranoia upfront.

I hope everyone is ok.
I feel like I know you all really well, whilst your probably thinking. "who's she!"

Anyway. Hope you don't mind that I join.

Sprinkles x

#1,009 ·
Omg sprinkles I am over the flipping moon for u. Such such wonderful news and I am so so chuffed for you.

#1,010 ·
Just popping in to say yay Sprinkles, glad to see you sharing your news. You know I'm thrilled for you xxx

#1,011 ·
Thanks Kara. Thought I'd give you a nice surprise!
Though I probably would have chickened out again if it weren't for Mrs T !
Thanks Hun!

#1,012 ·
Glad you took the nudge Hun, put a big smile on my face

#1,013 ·
Congratulations sprinkles, so happy for you xxx

#1,014 ·
Just  a quick post Sprinkles what lovely news 2 read im so so happy for u and dh i hav bn thinking of u so glad u hav joined us x x x

#1,015 ·
So good to see you here Sprinkles!  Loads of  ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^hugme^ ^reiki^ :) !!!

#1,017 ·
oh sprinkles- i have tears!! how lovely to have you back on here.  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ 

Kara- would love a meet in carmarthen -  can do any day next week except tuesday am as am going to try to go to a mum and baby group for the first time. thing is erin doesn't wake uptill after 8am so we have never made it!! they start at 9!! i am gonna really try this week!!
can't stay long as baby monitor is squeaking- our first use. been on 20  mins and have been up and down the stairs about 5 times- tell you it is gonna be the death of me!!  ;D  maybe will help me lose some weight!!

Hello to everyone else- hope you are all keeping well. Maybe we need a list cos i am struggling to keep up with you all! Baby brain and all.  ;)

julsxx

#1,018 ·
Just a quickie to say how pleased I am for sprinkles. Congratulations, it such lovely news xxxxx

#1,019 ·
Congrats sprinkles :) I know u must be scared Hun but glad u managed to take the plunge and post :) will be keeping up go date with ur story . Wishing u all the luck in the world for the rest of ur pregnancy xxx

#1,020 ·
Wow girls. Thank you for a lovely welcome!
Glad I posted now!
Hope you are all having a good weekend x

#1,021 ·
#1,022 ·
Always nice to have another face on the thread and u deserve it more than most hun :)
I work so can't say I'm having a good weekend ! Roll on 8pm :) xx

#1,023 ·
I cant open the link anyone else having the same problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.