* Author Topic: Any ladies who are currently going through tx in Scanhealth Hausken Fertility C  (Read 43722 times)

0 Members

Offline Sweetnats

• Gold Member
Hi soph

Congratulations! That's the first step done. Our biggest regret in all of this was not doing it sooner! You will not be disappointed the clinic is amazing and so friendly. For me I guess it has been a little easier as my dh speaks Norwegian.
For me the difference is that I have only ever traveled abroad
For holidays. So the places I travel to our tourist destinations soost signs etc have been in English where here it is very Norwegian. However everyone speaks very good English so it is not a problem. Camilla at the front desk of the clinic speaks such good English I thought she was!!
The hotel has been good although the meals are traditional Norwegian. So manageable for a couple of says but u wouldn't be able to do 10 days.
Eating out is dear. A lot of shops do polser

Offline Sweetnats

• Gold Member
Oops sorry about that. Bloody iPhone!!

Polser is like a hotdog from ikea. This and a coke is 45 nok which is about 5. Supermarkets are mire expensive then home but not as bad as eating out. I saw some mince for about 4 and spagetti for about 1.
We are going to look at flats when we get home as most sites seem to be for cabins in the middle of nowhere and we want just a small apartment in town. For us it may work out a little more expensive but will be worth it for the comfort of having our own space.
My theory is that although we are away from home it isn't a holiday. I will bring a checked in suitcase for the 10 days and bring some packet pasta and rice etc. I can then just bring my comfy clothes and just relax without having to get dressed up for dinner etc

Soph any questions feel free to ask and I will help as much as I can.
We also had to have blood tests yesterday at the local hospital which was an adventure also!

So glad it's all gone so well and to be honest like a whirlwind.

Hope every one is doing ok

Misha moo has been Mia along with some others x

Nats x x

Offline Sweetnats

• Gold Member
Hi ladies. Just at haugesund airport waiting for the flight.
Soph just wanted to say that sharps were fine through security in our hand luggage. When we got to security my dh showed them the letter and he just said it was fine and we had them in our hand luggage. It's a really small airport so much easier.
Also think we may have found an apartment in town for about 641 for 10 days. Which I think is quite good. It's very central and looks nice. So will have a proper look when I get a pc and not my phone.  Also out flights for next month are currently 42 return for both of us. So that's fantastic!

Hope you are all well

Nats. X

Offline Sweetnats

• Gold Member
Oops. Was going to say the radisson was 800 a night so for 10 nights that would be 897 so works out very similar plus you get your own space

Offline Fingerscrossed:-Z

thanks for you reply Nats, Blood tests :o hate the things lol. Thanks for letting me know about the sharps, going to call to book  in a minute when I get break! Ive been looking at air fares and they are 9 each way per person at the mo ;D
Well I guess the count down is on for you now! do you have to pay anything at the clinc for the first meeting or do they bill you all together net time-I want to take enough money lol

Offline Sweetnats

• Gold Member
Hi Sophie.

The blood test was really quick. A bit tricky finding the hospital I think we ended up in the pyschiatric hospital lol but we got there in the end. Before you go I will give you details of how to get there.
When you arrange your plan they will give you a full cost for all your treatment but u only pay for the first consultation. Which was 1500 nok. About 168.   Wr paid on visa at it was easier but you can ask when you book the appointment. I think there may have been a visa electron sign but not 100%

Flights are really good at the moment so we will be booking our return tonight.

Before my treatment I was emailing Arne so he had a little background. But it was nice to have someone actually care about why it is not happening for us rather then just do the treatment! You will not regret it !

Offline kirst01

• Gold Member
  • Dreams can and will come true xxx
Hi
CAn i join you? As you can see from my profile havent had much luck. I e-mailed Arne and recieved a lovely reply, and the reason he thought I have not had success yet. I got so much more info from 1 e-mail than I ever have had from my current clinic (I just get, you have been unlucky, there isnt anything else you can do!!). He has give a round about price of 2700 for drugs and ICSI, does this sound about right? What do you think of the clinic? I am a bit wary as I have bben with the same clinic now for 2 years but I really want to move. Are flights expensive (i live in Sunderland in the north east). Looking through this thread I feel a lot more reassured, but any info would be fab.   ^hugme^ ^hugme^  Kirsty x

Offline Sweetnats

• Gold Member
HI Kristy

Welcome to the thread, it used to be a lot busier on here but there are quiet a few missing in action!

I had just returned from Norway today and i can not speak more highly of them. I had my last cycle on the NHS and was handed a leaflet about IVF and told to read it and come back if i decided i wanted it. I had tests done that they said were all clear, and that i hadnt fallen pregnant due to "unexplained infertility" However after the first 15 minutes with Arne i found out that i have PCOS and he explained everything so clearly that i am so much more positive. I am not niaive to think it will work straight away. but i know i have a betetr chance with someone that wants to know why i am not getting pregnant rather then just performing a procedure like our local clinic did.
The nurses are fantastic there, so friendly and explain everything so well.
I am not sure about flights from Sunderland, we flew from Stansted with Ryanair and that was 97 return for both of us. When we go out next month for the treatment its only 42 for both return!!! I cant get a taxi to my local shops for that!!!

Norway is expensive, especially if you eat out but the hotel is 800 nok a night about 86. for two people room, breakfast and dinner. So thats not too bad. Although for the 10 days we are going to rent an apartment, so we have our own space.

If i can say this, for me.. you pay for what you get! i would happily pay double what i am now for the treatment i am getting in Norway, as the care an attention is worth every penny! (thats just my opinon)

If you have any more questions please do not hesitate to ask, from buses to blood tests.

Nats x

Offline kirst01

• Gold Member
  • Dreams can and will come true xxx
Nats- thanks hun  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ . When i emailed the clinic in Norway he said that as I have always bled 5dp5dt that there is a problem with the luteal phase, or if I am being over stimulated this could cause problems with the emdometrium, and then implantation. Well, this hit home, as I always get loads of follicles, with at least 18 or more eggs, so this does ring true!! My clinic just say its bad luck.  I completely agree with you, that it would be nice to know why |I am not getting pregnant. My clinic are lovely but use the 1 protocol fits all, and it doesnt!! I am actually really excited about it, and I didnt think that I would be after my 5th failed tx. His e-mail was just so positive & all about finding out why I am not, and changing the protocol....fab!!!
How did you get your baseline scan done? And the other scans? Did you have to go to Norway or were they done in England? Where are you staying in Norway? And how much is your tx roughly costing?? Sorry for all the questions hun....just so excited. And loads & loads of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^  for your tx!!! xxx

Offline misha moo

• Gold Member
Hi
Just a wee quick one, i just wanted to let you all know i am still around, sorry i haven't been around much, things have just been so difficult with all the running back and fourth to hospital. Had another scan today and baby is doing well and thankfully the sub chronic hematoma is reducing in size and the bleeding has slowed down, we let hospital today for the first time feeling positive instead of anxious, i just hope things keep heading in the right direction. Anyway So glad to see other heading to Norway for TX, i cant recommend them enough!

Kirsty- Hi, glad you got a good email from clinic, although i would expect anything else from them! :) I think after all you have been through you are making the right decision to go to Norway,  its amazing how one change to a protocall can make all the  difference!

Nats- Hey thats great you are finally getting some where honey. I don't know if you remember my situation but we were being treated for MF even though i had complained to my own GP for years about period problems and also told clinic i was irregular, after 10 Min's with Arne he was able to show me my cyst covered ovaries!!!! I couldn't believe no one had noticed before, shocking! Anyway he changed 2 small things for me:
1) Put me on the pill for a few months to clear cysts from ovaries
2) Put me on Metformin
What is your fertilisation rate like? ours was really bad due to poor eggs from PCOS, we still never got a mega high number of good eggs but we got some better quality and the result we hoped for. Your protocall is exactly the same as mine part from the pill, deff go to your Doc for metformin and also ask them for needles. Asda was deff the cheapest but we never ordered any needles from them as we thought it was included!!! DOH!!! ::) we had a right carry on trying to get them, my doc could supply a few but some doc can order them in, failing that a needle exchange, its not the nicest things but needs must! I am so excited for you honey as now that you know exactly whats going on you are on the right road to your dream coming true! ^reiki^ ^hugme^

Soph- Hi great price for the flights! Good luck with your tx

Beth- Sorry you have had a bad time of it, but again at least now you have answers and are on the right road wishing you millions of luck for next tx!!! ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Wishing you all the best, i felt very emotional reading all your posts tonight, i can feel all your hopes and dreams and if i could wave a magic wand i would change it so no one had to go through all this. Keep strong and positive ladies!!! ^reiki^
MISHA X

* Search

Recent Topics

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal