* Author Topic: Crinone gel :-(  (Read 10984 times)

0 Members

Offline dreamweaver

• We'll be a Mummy & Daddy one day...
modify
Crinone gel :-(
« on: 20/10/10, 13:19 »
Hi all - warning - post with TMI!!!

I just wanted to ask all you veteran ivf-ers who have used crinone gel:
Did you get very large cheesy clumps coming out of old build-up with crinone (sorry - tmi!!!)
I have been getting this and it has bits of dark brown/black in it...I did wonder if it was the old blood from implantation bleeding but am worried anyway.
Also - did any of you do a 'manual' clear-out of the evil stuff?  If so - how often?  & do you know if it's ok to use a bit of KY to do this as it's so dry down there - just can't get my finger in anyway!!!
Can the build-up be harmful if left in there eg cause infection/irritation? 
Or is it best just to leave the build-up in there and let it come out naturally?
Am a bit worried as not sure that the new gel will do its job each night if there is so much gunk in there!!!
Also - having early scan in a couple of weeks - could the gunk affect the transvaginal scan if they need to do it this way?
Thought I hated cyclogest, but I hate crinone even more!!!!!!
AAAAARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^idiot^ ^bigbad^

Thanks for any advice you can give me as my clinic did not say anything about any of this to me...
Dreamweaver xx

Offline BlueStar

modify
Re: Crinone gel :-(
« Reply #1 on: 20/10/10, 13:25 »
Hi Dreamweaver,

Um I'm on the crinone gel and this time round I'm not experiencing problems with it too much (touch wood).  Last time however it did go the way you described and I did have to clean myself in the way you describe too.  I would suggest you contact your fertility nurse and ask them.  I think the progesterone would have already been absorbed and you're just left with the remnants of it.  As for the black/brown part sounds like old blood to me either leftover from E/C or it could be implantation bleeding.  Hope it works out well for you x

Offline Norfolk Chick

modify
« Reply #2 on: 20/10/10, 16:50 »
Hello.

Dont worry, with this thread question, you gotta have TMI!!!!  ;D ;D

I used Crinone Gel when I had IVF (sadly it failed for me). Now going through FET.

My 'leftovers' came out more orangery, but a lady who works with me had IVF (she fell preg!) and she used to get all sorts of colours; black, red, grey etc.

When I inserted it, I was told to then walk around for 15mins. This seemed to help absorb it, so I didnt get much 'leftover' at all . However when my bleeding started (when it failed), it just used to fall out,
TMI - I used to pull my knickers down and literally it would fall out all over the bathroom floor.

If you have any concerns, I would speak to yoru clinic. I wouldnt worry about infections etc as they wouldn't prescribe you something that could infect us especially with pregnancy etc.

It's natural to lose some, as the body cant absorb it all.

I will be starting Cr. Gel again in a couple of weeks, so gonna have it all again!! Always something nice to look forward too!

Wish you all the very best.  ^pray^ you are implanting as we speak!!

Offline Norfolk Chick

modify
« Reply #3 on: 20/10/10, 16:52 »
ooooooooo just read about 'being dry'.

I used to say I'm like a desert!!' I was so so dry. Even to wipe after a wee, I was soooooooo dry (TMI).

Offline Norfolk Chick

modify
« Reply #4 on: 20/10/10, 16:55 »
Blue Star - Just wanted to say - Good Luck. I too am having tx at Bourn Hall (Cambridge!).

Good luck

x

Offline BlueStar

modify
« Reply #5 on: 21/10/10, 08:08 »
Good Luck to you too Norfolk Chick x  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

Offline emamac

modify
« Reply #6 on: 25/10/10, 20:14 »
dreamweaver-

i hated the stuff and using it up to 12 weeks is really tough, but worth it. I found i had to clear it out at least once a week otherwise it would cause itching. i kept thinking i had thrush, but as soon as i cleared it a bit it improved. and as soon as i stopped at the 12 week scan i have had no more itching. it was really horrid to be honest and i couldnt wait to see the back of it.
i worried about it having an effect on the internal scan, but it did not have any effect at all. it was fine.

i dont know about the ky jelly because i didnt use it, but definately have a look on some of the other boards or type crinone in the search engine on here - there have been loads of threads started about it. and i read most of them as i was always worrying about it.

i also had it come out grey looking somedays then orangy another!! i think that will be implantation blood. its old blood because of the colour so dont worry.

i found it worse than all the injections put together!!

good luck and ring clinic/drs if you are worried.

em.x

Offline charliefig

modify
« Reply #7 on: 30/10/10, 19:57 »
Hi.....i was wondering when you actually start using the gel?? i've just started stimms and haven't been told when to start this!

Charlie xx

p.s good luck all xx :)

Offline BlueStar

modify
« Reply #8 on: 30/10/10, 22:27 »
Hi there,

You get advised to start it on the day of your egg collection.  The nurse will give you further instructions after the e/c.

:)

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal