* Author Topic: Both tubes being removed/clipped in Feb 2011  (Read 51043 times)

0 Members

Offline lollipops

• Gold Member
modify
Re: Both tubes being removed/clipped in Feb 2011
« Reply #520 on: 6/11/11, 21:25 »
Babydust - Be brave hun, you will soon get used to it! Don't stare at it to much, just prep the needle & push it in. I found that the more I looked at the needle the more worked up I got then the more it hurt! We have done both ways of dealing with telling people about tx. We have told nobody in the past and tried telling people. We felt that because this was our last try we should tell the family as we needed the support. X

Offline lillyloo

modify
« Reply #521 on: 7/11/11, 20:03 »
Hi there hope everyone is ok. Just wanting some advice. I have my appointment through to fet my tube removed next week. I have had a lap before for investigation purposes and was in and out in a day and took five days off. I just ached slightly.

Just wondering if this is what I should expect when getting tube removed also. How long were u ladies in hosp? And recovery time?

Also they have not asked when AF is due. It turns out it is due three days before the op.

Thanks

Offline Angesamcart

modify
« Reply #522 on: 7/11/11, 21:05 »
Hi lillyloo.

I'm not the best person to answer really cause I had the op where it wasn't key hole, I have a 10 ish cm scar. I was in hospital for 5 days and had 7 weeks off work. I started treatment 2 and a bit months after, which I have a bfp from. But I hear if u have it key hole u only need 2 weeks max off work, and only in hospital for a day. As for af, don't worry, I came on on the tuesday and my op was on the Thursday. Hope this helps xxx

Offline Penelope Pitstop

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #523 on: 8/11/11, 19:10 »
Evening Ladies,

Lillyloo, I had a partial bilateral salpingotomy (part of both my tubes removed) in March of this year through keyhole surgery. I was in hospital for two days as they kept me in overnight after the surgery and I had three weeks off work afterwards. Hope this helps?

Babydust, the injections get easier. I was really scared at first but by the end I was so used to it, it didnt bother me at all.

Nat, fingers crossed AF turns up soon  so you can crack on.

Lolli, bet it was great finally being able to share some good news???!!

AFM, had appt with private clinic today and have a provisional plan in place to start another cycle in Jan. Dont have definite dates yet as have to ring them in Dec when my AF arrives but I feel so much better knowing that we will be trying again soon. I will be doing a different protocol and will be taking steriods after ET this time so hopefully we will start the new year with a BFP!!!   

xxxx

Offline more_babydust

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
« Reply #524 on: 8/11/11, 20:17 »
Hi Ladies,

Lillyloo - I had both tubes removed in June this year, I stayed in for 1 night ( which I didn't think I would need but really did !) and was wobbling around at home for a few days then back driving etc after a week, I think its important to take it easy afterwards and not try and over-do it ( my famous last words  ::) ) Good luck with it xx

P.P - Lovely news that you have been able to plan for your next cycle, I sometimes think that thats the only thing that gets you through, focusing on trying again, got my fingers crossed for a new years BFP for you xx

Natalie - not long to wait now hun, you must be on the AF countdown !

Lexi - How are you feeling?

Lolli - Thanks for the tip, It worked, I haven't done it myself yet but I feel like I could if DF wasn't around.

AFM - Day 3 of down reg tonight and feeling ok - I have forgotten how long it takes to feel the side effects of buselerin but I'm sure it will happen soon.

T x

Offline lillyloo

modify
« Reply #525 on: 8/11/11, 20:52 »
Thank you for you responses. Off for pre op tomorrow so will see what the consultant says. X

Offline more_babydust

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
« Reply #526 on: 10/11/11, 19:35 »
Hi Ladies,

How are you all ? Hope you are well and are looking forward to the weekend. I am feeling the effects of the buselerin injections and have been feeling so crampy like AF is due and today I have felt like I want to hibernate or cry over anything ! Have any of you had these same side effects and was AF delayed by it?

Thanks in advance

T x

Online finchy

modify
« Reply #527 on: 11/11/11, 09:45 »
Hi Lillyloo
I had my right tube removed last week by laparoscopy - was just a day surgery, went in at 12pm and was home by 7.30pm.  Was quite sore for about 5 days, then just dull soreness after that.  Was back at work after 5 days, all be it working from home for a day then back to normal.  My belly button stitch went a bit yucky so had that snipped out yesterday but feel pretty much back to normal in under 10 days!
You have to love keyhole surgery!
Good luck
x

Offline Lexi2011

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #528 on: 11/11/11, 13:35 »
Hi ladies,

Hope everyone is well and looking forward to the weekend!

Lolli and Ange - how are our 2 preggers lovely ladies doing? hope you're both well and the news is sinking in xxx
PP - How are you? Glad to hear you've got a plan in place for the New Year, hopefully you can enjoy the time before starting again. 2012 will be your year honey x
Trudie & Nat - How are you both getting on with treatment?
Hi to Lillyloo & finchy xx

AFM - It's been a LONG LONG week, NO symptoms what so ever and too be honest i'm not hopeful this is our time. As you all know I took the decision to try 1 IVF before getting my tubes removed due to having a low ovarian reserve. If I can take a positive from this at least I know I have got some eggs so I stand by my decision. I am going to be testing at home slightly early on the 19th November (14 days after EC) as my clinic doesn't do testing until the Monday.

Love to all, hope you have a fab weekend xxx

Offline Jelly.B

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #529 on: 11/11/11, 13:56 »
Hiya girls, hope all well
Lillyloo, have pms you, hoping you ok. - I had both my tubes removed 2days ago. Everyone reacts differently. 7weeks ago I removed 2 cycts from mt ovaries and muct say that was more painful than removing my tubes! But mostly I suffered more then because of the gas that was left in my body. That bloody gas travels to your back and gives you such an ache!!! I said to my doctor this time that I was worried about  it before hand and he said he would try and remove as much gas as poss after op, and he really did. No backache what so ever! I am a little sore below but not really in pain. I would advice you to ask your doc to remove gas after as much as poss. However, everyone do react differently. Best of luck petal  :)
Lexi - my fingers and toes are crossed for you  ^pray^  ^pray^  ^pray^
xxxxxx

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal