* Author Topic: New Life Clinic  (Read 7394 times)

0 Members

Offline panagia

• Un-Ranked
modify
New Life Clinic
« on: 15/01/11, 15:04 »
HI

I am an expat living in Greece. My partner and I are looking in to clinics in Greece for DIUI, I have looked at Serum (very impressed so far- even though contact so far has only been email enquiries ) but have also found there is a clinic nearer to me in Thessaloniki called the New Life Clinic. I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with them. As I live on a fairly remote island the closer to home would be more convenient, but this is not all that important, I just want to feel comfortable and reassured

Many Thanks

Offline Denisse

• Un-Ranked
modify
Re: New Life Clinic
« Reply #1 on: 10/02/11, 14:39 »
I'm also interested in successful IVF clinics in Thessaloniki.  It's closer to home for me.  Any suggestions PLEASE?  thank you:)

Offline panagia

• Un-Ranked
modify
« Reply #2 on: 15/02/11, 14:09 »
HI 

I know that Ruth (who runs www.ivftreatmentabroad.com) went to see them a few weeks ago for a meeting, to in look into what they offer etc. I spoke to her after the meeting and she had nothing but great praise for them, she said the clinic is really modern, the Doctors were really nice etc. So it is certainly somewhere we are considering as like you it is not that far from where we live. We are hoping to start IUI in October or November and it would be our first treatment so at the moment we are just trying to get all the info together and decide where to go. At the moment I can't really help much more, but I'm sure Ruth will contact you also about Newlife with more detail.

XX

This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityFriends.co.uk or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Offline Electra

• Un-Ranked
modify
« Reply #3 on: 11/04/11, 02:01 »
Hi Ladies  :),

I'm trying to decide between Serum and Life Clinic in Athens. There are tonnes of wonderful posts on Serum but would like to hear of any recent experiences with Life, could be from anyone either planning to go to Life or already been there.  I have received paper work for tests from both clinics thus far.

Thanks!

Offline butterflies4ever

• Gold Member
  • Summer time!!
modify
« Reply #4 on: 23/05/11, 12:31 »
I wonder why nobody replied ? ?

:)

Offline Electra

• Un-Ranked
modify
« Reply #5 on: 25/05/11, 01:04 »
I guess some people are cautious about trying a clinic that's not mentioned on Fertility Friends because they haven't been to Greece/Athens, do not speak Greek, are not comfortable travelling to a clinic that's not downtown, and obviously feel more comfortable going somewhere that everyone else (on Fertility Friends) has been to. 

After doing more research on my own, I found many more English speaking clinics in Athens that aren't mentioned on fertility friends that are very well known and popular among the local Greek community.

And...several people pm'd me and said the doctor at Life was great. 

Offline Violet66

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #6 on: 18/06/11, 11:18 »
Electra your inbox is full so can't reply to last message

modify
« Reply #7 on: 11/08/11, 23:00 »
Hi, I just wanted to let viewers know about our experience with our first International IVF/ICSI cycle, after two failed attempts in London (Guys). 
We chose Greece, as we were considering a donor program and our first meeting was via Skype, to ask any initial questions and put to rest our concerns with going abroad.  The team at New Life have all been trained in London, US and Greece and all speak perfect English.  Chrysa and Aphrodite are the Embryologists and along with Demetrios, the three gave me all the time we needed to ask our questions.  From this initial meeting, they requested all of our notes, which Guy's provided (at a cost) and we scanned them and emailed them over.  Within a few days, they had read ALL of our notes and could quote page numbers, issues and outcomes more than any nurse or doctor had in the UK and they advised that we try a further cycle of IVF, which would also earn them less money, so we knew they had our best interests at heart.  They explained that they use a British consultant who organises all of the drugs, tests, scans prior to UK departure and she was always on hand to discuss anything before being handed over to the Greece team on arrival.  Up until flying to Greece, I felt incredibly assured and comfortable with everything and we booked a 2 week stay in thessaloniki, Greece.  On flying out, the next day, we met the team for the first time and I have never in all UK experience, felt so supported by a medical team.  We were welcomed with open arms, scanned every other day during drug phase and had a blood test every time, which was instantly tested, providing results within 15 minutes.  From that, they could up or down the dosage.  No waiting for results and times that we were early, they saw us straight away.  We saw many couples from all around the world and it was nice to see so many happy couples with their treatment. 
From day one to ET, Demetrios performed every scan and did every treatment, as you are 'his' patient.  Compared to our other experiences where you rarely see the same nurse or doctor twice, it was great to have someone to see it through with you.  Chrysa and Aphrodite and the midwife and other nurses are there all of the time and they get to know you personally. 
At ET stage, I suffered stage-fright and within a few hours they had arranged sedation to ease me and to ensure best possible results for implantation and my husband was at my side throughout and said that they were incredible with me.
The equipment is advanced technology, speedy, image-clear and as with most Greeks, they are straight talking and you get answers.  We even brought home all of our notes, images of all of our scans and embryo's and progesterone in alternate forms.  We arrived back in London on Sunday and are currently day 10 after ET, so we are still awaiting outcome, but that said, they have called or text most days, answered any queries within an hour and should the outcome be negative, we feel confident that we have done everything possible with possibly one of the best clinics out there. 
If you are thinking of going abroad, whether for IVF/ICSI/Donor etc. Please consider your choices wisely. We researched fully, met with many and chose better than we could have hoped.  There are many out there that claim they offer the best service for fertility, but this has been proven in this case.  You also get a little holiday out of it.  Ruth, the UK advisor can help with all of your travel, accommodation requests etc and because you're abroad, you're relaxed and can enjoy the treatment rather than expose yourself to worry.  Any questions, i'd be happy to answer them and wish you the same experience that we had with them.

Offline 2bamum

modify
« Reply #8 on: 13/08/11, 16:22 »
Sorry,...are you a patient...or do you work for them ^idiot^

Offline Ruth

• Gold Member
  • My boys!
modify
« Reply #9 on: 27/08/11, 13:46 »
Know this patient as I did co-ordinate her treatment prior to her trip out to Greece if that is of any help.

Ruth

* Search

Recent Topics

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal