* Author Topic: Pregnancy and Parenting after Infertility - Dorset - Part 4  (Read 80122 times)

0 Members

Offline baby girl

Amz am so sorry to hear your news my thoughts are with you both xxx

Offline Sarah K

• VIP Member Sponsor
Amz and DH. I've been thinking about you all day. I'm sorry that the scan today didn't provide you with the news that you and everyone on here wanted to hear. My thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

Everything must seem very daunting at the moment as so much has happened in the past 24 hours. I think that you probably need time to digest your news. I am sure that there must be people who have gone through a similar experience here on FF or on another support website to help you through the following days/weeks/months and years.

All I can say is that you will fall in love with your baby the second you see it and that love will grow and grow despite these complications. I've only met you once but I'm sure that you both will be wonderful parents and your son or daughter will be very lucky to have two very special people to look after and care for him or her.

Sending you a big hug

xxxxx

Offline JHB

• Gold Member
Amz,

Sounds like your consultant will be with out 100% waiting for the sixteen scan is probably a good, idea. Yes your right a child with one leg would be a challenge, but you would cope. Hoping and praying that everything else is okay at the scan, difficult time for you and it is hard to no what to write. Whatever decision you decide to make we will all be here for youxx

jhbx

Offline olive22

• Gold Member
  • William and Anja
Amz

As the others have said we are here for you. You have had alot to take in and in time you will digest the information and be able to make a decision. I am trained in special needs and although I havent worked with a child with your issues all I can say is the Poole child development centre is excellent and they have alot of amazing staff. The support is fantastic. Its such a hard situation to be in and only you and dh can decide your way forward as a family. We will all be here whatever you decide to do.
If you would like to meet up and talk or want to pm feel free when you are ready.
Lots of positive thoughts for you all  ^hugme^ ^hugme^  XX

Offline Tweenie

Amz - just read your news and wanted to say that I am thinking of you and DH and sending you  ^hugme^ .  As the others have said, we are all here for you. 

Hello to everyone else. 

Offline Nutpot

• Gold Member
  • Hold on to hope!
Amz........I don't know what to say......I can't say anything.........I REALLY feel for you and your DH right now......... ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Offline Bibi

• Gold Member
  • My little man is 2!
Amz  ^hugme^

Bibi xx

Offline nat9140

Hi all, I havent been on here in quite a while but found the new site confusing and couldnt find our board, but hey i have found it now. 

Im so very sorry to read your news Amz, I have PM you. I can relate to how your feeling with regards to finding out during a scan that there is something wrong with your baby. If you want a chat anytime then im here for you. ^hugme^ xxxxxxxxxx

Hope all bumps and babes are doing well. Clark Has had his 2nd lot of open heart surgery and is fully recovered from it. He hopefully wont need any further surgery until he is 3-5 years old but we just have to wait and see. He is growing so very fast and is 8 months old in a few days. He is trying desperatly to crawl and loves his walker and door bouncer. He is full of beans and is into everything. We go to baby sensory once a week and swimming which he loves. We have booked his christening for august so we r busy arranging that. Im so very proud of him and he doesnt let anything stand in his way and even though he has a major heart defect it seems like he is out to prove himself. The health visitors says he is a very willful intelligent little boy. I was hoping to meet up with you all soon. When is the next daytime meet?

Lots of hugs to everyone

Natalie and Clark.xxxxxxxx

Offline Miranda7

• Gold Member
Hi Ladies,

Thank you for your kind words and thoughts.

We should be over the moon with getting to 12 weeks and telling the world but seems to be another day full of tears.

The consultant has confirmed there is only 1 leg, he said he hasnt seen anything like it before. He said it could be caused by the ICSI as its "forcing nature" but I dont think we will ever really know why.

His main concern is the the organs developing correctly and the spine. He thinks the spine looks ok but as baby is so small its hard to tell. Im being scanned again at 16 weeks when he will have a better idea.

He said if we want to continue then he will back us 100%. We are of course going to continue until we get confirmation that everything else is ok. A missing limb is devastating but we think we can cope, not sure how!! but bringing a child into the world that cannot toilet etc is just not fair, what kind of life would it be?

It seems a very long way to get down the road to find out that things are not ok.

Sorry for the massive post...dont really know how to feel - just numb at the moment.

xx

Amz - it's not ICSI to blame for this. This sometimes just happens. I have a friend in the village whose second daughter was born with one arm. She hadn't had tx.

Please add me on FB and I'll put you in touch with her - she'll tell you it's different when they're here, though she was so upset and scared when she knew before the birth - you could perhaps get some comfort from her.

I can feel how upset you are - it's only natural. But your baby will still have a great life.

Ignore your consultant - he plainly doesn't have a clue why, and his speculation seems out of place to me.

I'm on both Traceys' friends - PM me if you can't find me.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline Amz2006

• Gold Member
Thank you all for your kind words and support it really does mean alot to me and Lee.

We had a small bit of good news today, our down syndrome score came back at 1 in 27,000 so very low! and the consultant has an idea on which sex we are having! Going to try to choose a name for our little miracle so we can talk to HIM! and tell him how much we love him and want him to stay with us.

We are starting to get our heads around the idea of a baby with a missing leg, just praying that everything else is ok. Trying to carry on as "normal" and be proud of my pregnancy and expanding belly until we have reason to believe otherwise. (although its harder to do than say!)

Miranda I would like to speak to your friend - I will PM you  ^hugme^

I hope everyone else is ok

xxx

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal