* Author Topic: Pregnancy and Parenting after Infertility - Dorset - Part 4  (Read 81916 times)

0 Members

Offline Wendeth

• Gold Member
  • Pickle and Noggin
Oo Miranda, that's great. I saw the BBC South Today programme, I was stood right next to our local Cllr when he was interviewed at Moors Valley, and I've been hearing interviews on the radio. I didn't know the papers were covering it so well. Obviously loads of people in Verwood don't read papers!!!  ^bigbad^   I know the Bournemouth Echo are doing a big feature on it soon as we were in a photo shoot at Club 31 this week and i was aware the posters were going to be judged through a newspaper but didn't know which one. Thanks for updating me!  I've checked out the link and read up all I can find in the Forest Journal and the Echo.  I've just been asked to be part of the campaign team so need to get up to date fast! Yikes. I'll have no time for anything now!  ::)

x

Offline Miranda7

• Gold Member
Yep, I think I'm one of the judges, but didn't have time to set up people voting for their fave, so it'll be just down to me and the councillors and others who are judges I think.

So Sarah's got you on board? She's done a brill job getting awareness up. I even looked through the entire waste and minerals draft document when it came through and I didn't spot the MV thing. So I do believe Hants council didn't make it clear at all, despite their protestations now.

I don't think there's any likelihood people will be unaware of it come the draft proposals!  ;D  x

Offline baby girl

hello everyone callum is going to be a mth old on tues just wondering if this is the time you try and get them into a routine ?am doing feds on demand am happy to carry on as we are in the same breath dont want to make things harder for our selfs later on !!.would apprecaite anyones advice xxx

Offline JHB

• Gold Member
Baby girl,

Where has than month gone?????????????? entirely up to you can't remember to be honest check with your hv and see what they advise. But as I always say do what you feel comfortable with, babies will soon get into there own routine and some cannot be pushed. Hope your enjoying your first few weeks of motherhoodxx

May have a early night the extra days at work ovr the last few weeks have taken it out of mexx

jhb

Offline olive22

• Gold Member
  • William and Anja
Hi Babygirl

A month already  :o  as jhb said its a personal choice. I let them lead me during the day and they got into their own routine, the only thing we introduced was bedtime at 7pm and started that at 12 weeks. This is age most people start bedtime. We dont bath every night as Anja couldnt cope with it so do story, singing, pjs, sleeping bag, bottle, bed. As long as you keep what you do the same every evening they soon understand. Gina Ford is a very strict routine person and some people swear by her, I personally couldnt keep to it and found it stressful so it is a personal choice. Google her and also the baby whisperer. Follow your heart, it is always right for your family. Congrats on making the first month  ;)

How is everyone else?

Tracey - cant believe Kara is 2, I remember checking in on the site for news.

Tracey - peanut 2 aswell - time flies too fast

We are doing ok, I find weaning very hard and cant balance bottles food so both babies have been waking in the night again  :(  they also do the great twin trick and take in turns so 1 night 1 will sleep through and the other wake then the next night they swap. 2 nights ago they were both awake from 3:30-5 cooing away and playing in their cots  ^bigbad^  I have tried baby led weaning and William is doing ok but Anja doesnt put anything to her mouth at all. She is a bit behind developmentally so monitoring her. They are 7 months now and I go back to work September. So sad but dp will be looking after babies as he is out of work (just hope he can cope), Im doing 30 hours a week. Still feel sad I know we will never have another baby but so grateful for my miracles. My friend said to me "well you would only have had 2 anyway" she is right but its the fact that we dont have a choice, anyway going on far too much!!

^hugme^  to you all XX

Offline JHB

• Gold Member
Olive,

Weaning is in my opinion a difficult task especially the first few months,especially for you as you have twins. I would say it was not until 12months that Peanut was in a routine with his food so to speak, but he is still a milk baby he loves hit bottle in the morning and night. Going back to work has come round quick, you may actually enjoy it I no you may find that hard to believe but it is nice going to work and not having to worry about your child. I am sure your hubby will love spending time with the babiesxxx I hope you can make it to Peanut party please bring hubby more the merrierxx

Hope everyone is okay, was lovely to see some of you today at Kara party. Peanut is getting ready to go to bed I am hoping all that bouncing has tired him out.

JHBx

Offline Bluegirl48

Hi Babygirl - Izzy fed/napped on demand for about the first 3 months after which I noticed that she was getting herself into a bit of a routine which we have kept to.  Also at about 3 months we introduced a bedtime routine which works well.  Up to you really as to what you are happy doing.  However, if everything is going well at the moment I would be tempted to leave it and see if your little one establishes his own routine.  I do think the bedtime routine when they are a little bit older is a good thing...really helps with getting them settled for the night.

Hope everyone is well and has had a lovely weekend.

BGxx

Offline Amz2006

• Gold Member
How are all you lovely ladies, bumps and babies??

I cant believe I am 23 weeks already!!

Just got back from Babyfit class which I am really enjoying, Its weird (nice weird) being in a room full of ladies with bumps but I almost feel like I shouldnt be there!!

Felt baby on the outside for the first time yesterday! I was in bed and rolled onto my back and I could feel him moving so put my hands on my belly and was amazing!!

Have midwife next week so hoping to get some info about anti-natal classes etc.

Anyway hope you are all keeping well.

xxx

Offline Nutpot

• Gold Member
  • Hold on to hope!
Amz,  how spooky, i've also just got back from Babyfit!!!!!!! Which lady were you? I was on the very far right in the black top and white trousers closest the inside door (not the door to the outside terrace). It was my first time and I really enjoyed it. next week i'm going to the Wednesday one at The Village....are you going too???

xxx

Offline Amz2006

• Gold Member
Nutpot I had this very strange feeling it was you, DH thought I was mad when I told him I thought I knew you but have no idea how and we havent met!! I just wasnt brave enough to ask incase I was wrong!! Haha!!

I was in green top and black trousers! 3rd one from the terrace door!!

Yes we usually do the Wednesday one at The Village but Debbie is off on holiday so we did tonights instead!!

See you then xxx

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal