Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

IUI Girls TTC Part 217

45K views 564 replies 38 participants last post by  nickym 
#1 ·
New home ladies, happy chatting... xx

I do apologise however for lacking in my moderating duties at the moment, im struggling with time and energy.  Can someone let me know if your happy to update your cycling information yourselves or would you like me to create something to appear on the front page ?? or even a seperate IUI girls TTC part 217 - Cycling info that will be a "sticky" thread, so it will stay at the top of the IUI area next to this chat thread ??

Love Nicky xx

#2 ·
bookmarked!

#3 ·
Hi,

Just a quick one,

Nicky M - thanks for moving us, I'm not really sure what you mean, but i think we're happy with just our list on here.

Wishing & Dreaming - I'm so sorry I missed you off the list hun, I really thought you were on there - have added you now ^hugme^

Charlie - welcome back, hope you had a nice break, have added you to the list  ^hugme^

Big hugs to everyone else xx

Cupcake - 2ww - OTD - 2nd Feb 2011?
Dollface - 2ww - OTD - 4th Feb 2011
Mina Moo - 2ww - OTD - 5th Feb 2011?
Suzdee - Stimming - Potential Basting 2nd Feb
Shell4Roy - Stimming
Jack - Stimming
Ruby - Stimming
Wishing & Dreaming - Stimming
Missy - starting end of jan waiting for AF
Charlie - starting again soon
Wolla - starting end of Feb
Summerglory - starting soon
Suziewong - starting soon
KG - starting soon
Bubbs - BFN - trying again soon
Aimees - BFN - trying again soon
mo:-D - BFN - trying again soon
Kaybee - trying again soon
Jodie K - m/c - trying again soon
Hasina - m/c  - trying again soon
shenagh- BFN (AF) - starting again mon 31st!
Clairey2608 - Still out there?

#4 ·
Hello lovelies

I have a couple of questions, I've got my first appt on 17th Feb to start IUI on my next period. 

Can you tell me how successful IUI is and how many attempts you had before you fell pg?  Also would help if you could let me know how old you are - I've heard IUI isn't very successful if you're over 35 (I'm 38).

thank you

x

#5 ·
AF showed up at 4am this morning so i have left a message with clinic and should start meds tomorrow hopefully when they call me back to confirm.  ^reiki^
I'm just a day or so behind wishing and dreaming and jack so hopefully we will be able to compare follie sizes!  ^reiki^

Sorry not to do personals but always feel cr*p on first day so catch up tomorrow!  ^hugme^
Missy.xx

#6 ·
Hi all,

Summerglory    I am 38 too  & I am now on my 5th IUI cycle. Some people get a BFP on their 1st attempt but others have to have a few more. I have no been put on the list for IVF but consultant wants us to continue with IUI while we wait for IVF to start. Sorry but I am not to sure of the statistics for IUI. Fingers crossed you get a BFP on your 1st cycle tho.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Afm  I have my day 10 scan on Friday so Fingers crossed the clomid has behaved & produced a few nice big juicy follicles.

Shell x

#7 ·
Hi all

Just a quick one from me to try and answer Cupcakes question although I'm not expert on clomid. 

The bleed could be implantation bleed some women experience this some don't but implantation can take place from day 6 to day 12 after basting. As long as its pink/brown then it could very well be this.  Please try not to worry I know so many people that have had slight spotting and gone on to have  a XFP. xx

Summerglory - I'm 39 and had a BFP on my fist proper IUI sadly I M/C but I'm still very hopeful. x

AFM - bit down today thinking this au natural hasn't worked and just wish the time would go quicker so that I could test and get it over with.  Anyway enough of me moaning. xx

Love and hugs all

Moo. x 

#8 ·
Cupcake, I haven't tested again since 14DPIUI but will do if AF doesn't arrive by Tuesday as I have had one cycle before when AF did not arrive until 19DPO so I have been v.late before.  Your bleed sounds like implantation bleed to me  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^.

Missy, sorry AF showed up.  Good luck for this cycle.

Shell, hope scan goes well on Friday.

Mina, don't lose hope, until AF arrives there's always a chance that its worked  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^.

Summerglory, I am 37 and the have only had IUI once, I don't think it worked but AF has still not shown.  However, I am still hopeful that we'll do it on cycle 2 or 3.  After that we'll have to consider IVF.

#9 ·
Cupcake - It's not over until AF arrives. It could well be implantation bleed. Try and stay positive  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ . Really hope you can be the start of a long line of BFPs on this thread. As for your neighbours - grrrr. I used to live in a flat until last August and I have every sympathy with you  ^hugme^ . Mine used to work a night shift and come in at 4am every morning and wake me. The last thing you need on top of all the infertility is disturbed sleep. Was it a one off or are they disturbing you every night? Anyway, hears  ^pray^ for that BFP for you  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Missy - I can't believe what your neighbours said to you. That would be rude under any circumstances and obviously very upsetting when you are ttc. Nuts to them and hugs to you  ^hugme^ . Hope this next cycle works for you.

Bubblicious -I've not had IUI before but I did take cyclogest with one of the rounds of HMG I did and I ended up with a longer cycle (followed by a much shortened cycle weirdly). I'm normally fairly regualr around 28 days so I'm pretty sure the drugs can lengthen the cycle. Having said that, it's not over until AF arrives. I'll keep hoping for you  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Shell4Roy - good luck on friday. Hope the scan goes well.

Summerglory - I haven't had IUI before so feel free to discount my views. I think success depends on so many factors. If you have been advised IUI will help with your infertility issues then you are in with a chance. As for age, it does have an impact (I'm 39 and feeling it!!) but of course some women conceive in their forties and others can't in their twenties. We are all so different. I really hope IUI works for you first time.  ^hugme^ ^reiki^

Charlie - So sorry to hear you are upset following the social with friends. hearing about pgs is hard (though somehow easier when they are FF friends). I have 2 close friends pregnant at the moment and one of them announced she was having twins right after I was telling her how upset I was about having to have my cat put down. I feel so left out of things. I don't even have my furbaby anymore. Sorry for the me me me, just wanted you to know you aren't alone.  ^hugme^

Wishing - good luck with your next cycle!

Mina-Moo - Sorry you are down.  ^hugme^ . Are you due to take a test soon?

Would love to do more personals but need to go.
Love to all you ladies and lots of positivity for you  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Wish me luck for my scan tomorrow. Hope there are still 2 growing follies ^pray^ ^pray^

Sxx

#10 ·
Hi SuzDee - I'm due to test a week today but may test a little early (not normal for me) as I just want to get it over with this time. Good luck for tomorrow. x

#11 ·
Hi Girls,

Sorry been trying to take my mind off my 2ww so haven't been around much. Im 9 days in now but feels so much longer! Getting cramping more frequently so I'm worried it's AF but still fairly positive. Fingers crossed it's a BFP. What's the earliest you can test? Or should I just wait until Friday?

Cupcake - Hope it's implantation bleed  ^pray^ Good luck with test on Wednesday or whenever you do it. Shame about noisy neighbours - can you complain to landlord/management company? x

Missy - How insensitive of your neighbours. Good luck for this cycle x

Summerglory - Sorry I can't offer anything useful as I'm on my first go - but good luck :) From what my clinic tell me, the first time is no less likely to work than any other time... x

Shell4Roy - Good luck Friday ^pray^ x

SuzDee72 - Sorry about your cat that's really sad.  ^hugme^ x

Mina-Moo -  Keep your chin up you don't know until your 2ww is up, here's hoping it's a BFP  ^pray^ Good luck for test when you do it x

I'm sorry I can't remember where everyone's at and it's all in the other thread now. But hello to everyone else and  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ for you wherever you are in your tx.  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

xx

Shell4Roy - Stimming
Jack - Stimming
Ruby - Stimming
KG - starting soon
shenagh- BFN (AF) - starting again mon 31st!
Clairey2608 - Still out there?

#12 ·
Mina-Moo - good luck if you do test early. The 2ww really is hard isn't it?!  ^hugme^

Dollface - Fingers crossed for you  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ . People do say they sometimes get AF type pains before a BFP. Really hope that's the case for you. It's probably best to wait for OTD but I know it can be hard. 

#13 ·
Hey mo:D...this is my first IUI so all unkown at the mo. Had my first cycle of IVF last month which failed.

Cupcake its all poo isnt it 2ww is probably one of the hardest things to go through I would stick it out and avoid early testing!!

So Missy your recent cycle failed?:(( Glad your starting again though will it be with the same donor?

Afm, for some reason I am finding it a little harder to draw my menopur after I have mixed it, they told me to have 1 amp a day which was 75 but when i see it in the syringe theres like 85 donno if I am being stupid or something but was straight forward last time. I also have a gutt feeling my follies will not respond...how long do they let you stim on IUI?

Hey everyone else!!

#14 ·
hey ladies,

jack2009- iui Is prob one of the most frustrating things you can ever do.. but at the end of it its hopefully worth it.. normally over here women tend to have IUI before considering IVF as it is much less invasive... what way are you getting on? ^hugme^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

cupcake- hope your getting on ok with your tww i know its annoying and you want to know now but thankfully no news at the min for you is good news.. hope your showing a BFP come wed!! ^pray^ ^hugme^

wishing and dreaming- good luck in your treatment ^hugme^

missy123- what a nasty neighbour. she should keep her nose out of other peoples business.. sorry about your bfn hope your better next time xx ^hugme^

aimees- how are you gettin on hun are you starting again soon?

ruby- hi and welcome :D

mo- hope you get your treatment and on your way to a BFP in time for hols :D ^hugme^

mina-hoping for you gettin some good news soon :D ^hugme^

jodie and hasina- hope you are both doing better. ^hugme^

bubbs- you should test again just in case to be sure... if not i hope it comes soon for you so you can get back into it!! x

dollface- try not to worry too much about cramps BFPs can be very deceiving hoping and praying its not AF ^noAF2^ ^No AF^ ^noAF2^

charlie321- welcome back :D sorry your feeling down but your in the best place for help and support the ladies are amazing :D

as for everyone else hope you are all keeping well cant remember who i have forgotten as am on my iphone but will do more personals when im next on..

AFM- big day starting back tomorrow, am really hopin this time it works hope the stimming goes as quick the last time. love and hugs to you all
^pray^ ^hugme^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^hugme^ ^reiki^

Shell4Roy - Stimming
Jack - Stimming
Ruby - Stimming
shenagh- beginning stimming 31st jan
KG - starting soon
Clairey2608 - Still out there

#15 ·
Hello all, hope you had a good weekend ... Finished clomid yesterday ... Next scan Tuesday ... I had a massive panic attack yesterday wondering if I really do want to have kids? Is this normal ! After ttc for over three years and all the heart ache seems a weird reaction?! Maybe it's the clomid !!!! Lol !

How is everyone else doing ? Xxx

#16 ·
Missy....sorry to hear you've got to start again, fingers crossed for you.

Doll face......I am not at the waiting stage yet, but I imagine it's really hard.....I too would want to test early, but I think if you can wait, then maybe that best......although I'd prob give in!

I'm back at Chaucer today for my first scan since starting the Gonal F injections for IUI....let's hope all is looking good down there!

X

#17 ·
Cupcake - so sorry to read your story. You are so right that it is better to wait for OTD. Really hope is just too early and too diluted. Hope you and you and your dh speaking again soon. Its a stressful time for you both.  ^hugme^

AFM scan went ok. 1 follie is growing. Now 17mm. Release drug tonight and basting at 11 on Weds. Then the dreaded 2ww

#18 ·
SuzDee - thanks for your post. Sorry to hear about your cat  ^hugme^ . Well done on that follie! Good luck for basting. Fingers crossed it's a bfp for you.  ^reiki^

Ruby1 - I know what you mean but in my case I think I was trying to kid myself that I'd be OK without a bfp. It's normal to question things though and good that you are making sure that what you're doing is for the right reasons. Hope you're OK and good luck. x

Cupcake  - sorry you got a bfn  ^hugme^ . I really hope that it was just too early. I'll be thinking of you and praying that it changes.xxx  ^pray^  ^pray^

Dollface - I hope you're coping ok with your 2ww. Please try not to think about things too much as I've read about ladies that think af is coming when it's not and the symptoms are very similar. Fingers crossed for you.  ^pray^

Really hope there's some bfps coming up. I love to see them here as we all deserve it  :)

Hello to those I've missed out, hope you are all ok.x

Charlie

#19 ·
At work so only a quick one -

Ruby - just wanted to let you know that you're not alone with these feelings.  While we were ttc#1 I kept having major wobbles wondering if we were doing the right thing, and did I really want a baby after all.  Even after I got a BFP I sometimes thought 'what the hell have we done - I can't cope with a baby'.  I think sometimes when you're ttc for so long you lose sight of the end result as you're so  caught up in the emotions of IF.  Now - I can't imagine life without DS (now 4), but am having huge wobbles about ttc#2 - life's good at the moment, why would we want to turn it all upside down?  Then feel awful for feeling like this.......... sorry that's probably not much help, but just wanted you to know that your feelings are normal (well either that or i'm not normal either ;-))

Cupcake - it was very early to test - especially if it was 4pm and you'd drunk loads of tea.  I tested early on both my IUI cycles so can't preach lol, but was only 2 days before OTD and with first morning pee (and when on the 2nd cycle I got a very faint BFP I still didn't believe it until it the line was still there 10 tests later on OTD).  Sad that you and DH have fallen out now as you need each other - hope you can make up soon and be strong for each other until OTD.

Missy - sorry AF has arrived :-( but good that you can get started again straight away.

Jack - sorry don't know anything about stimming - hope it all goes ok when do you have your next scan?

Suzdee - yay well done on your follie, and good luck for basting.

Sausage - good luck with scan today - hope everything's heading in the right direction.

Sheenagh - good luck for this cycle

Hi to everyone else

AFM - AF arrived yesterday so in about 4 weeks we'll be cycling.  Am in an awful mood today - PMT alert, poor DH got the brunt of it this morning - he's probably glad he's working late shift tonight lol.

Wolla
x

#20 ·
hi all,
dh took me away for the weekend which was nice. so much to catch up on.

cupcake - I think it was too early to test, and you're supposed to wait 4 hours of not peeing before you test. So it was early and diluted. I would discount it.

Dollface and Mina-moo - good luck this week  ^pray^ ^pray^ for you to get a nice bfp

Suzdee - well done on the follie, 17mm is perfect for a basting on Wednesday, I think conditions are looking good.

Ruby - I know what you mean, and I couldn't have said it any better than Wolla.

Missy - I can't believe what your neighbour said. I mean, how rude! Hope you're ok I would be livid.

Everyone else - sorry there is so much going on that I have missed, so apologies if I have missed you out. I'll catch up no doubt.

afm - day 1 today so gotta ring the hosp and organise my scan. Have been feeling a bit sad and that's why dh took me away, which was lovely. I just feel like it's never going to happen. If there really is nothing wrong with me as the doc says, then why can't I get pg?? Sorry for the self-pity email I started out 2 months ago hopefull and now I feel like it's not going to work. I know gotta stay positive. Can anyone recommend a good positive thinking cd so I can download it onto my ipod and listen to it whenever I feel a bad feeling coming on? I need some help!!  :(

Hope you are all coping better than I am. I'll be back up to form in a few days. Good luck to all testers, basters, scanners and stimmers and waiters this week!  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

xxx

#21 ·
Hi girls, just to let you know the scan was over in a jiffy and nothing really has happened much yet - it's only my first scan - so i'm guessing i'll have a couple more before they possibly change my dose??  If nothing happens at my next scan (Weds) do you think this will be the case?

Cupcake - Sorry to hear you and DH aren't speaking - it's not an easy time for you both so stress levels i'm sure are very high - i'm expecting the same situation for us when we're waiting, normally i'm patient, but I think for this waiting game my patience will run thin!!  Chin up hun and I keep my fingers crossed for you that the test was too soon and you'll get good news Thursday xx

Wolla - Hope all goes well for you in 4 weeks and you get good news quick!  try to stay positive...says me who is ever the pessimist! xx

Aimes - Is this your first time? Are you IUI or IVF?

Lots of finger crossing for everyone!! xx

#22 ·
Hi Sillyiest Sausage - I am doing IUI, just starting my 3rd cycle. What day are you on? It sounds like they have scanned you quite early on which is good news as they will be able to track the progress of the follies. Good luck to you for the Wednesday scan  ^reiki^
x

#23 ·
hi ladies,
i have done my iui with Fremara (2,6) and menopur injection(5,7,9)
Hcg ingection(12).it was my first iui everything was fine so i do hope and pray that i will get BFP inshAllah.OTD is 7th of feb ^pray^ .
im very much feeling positive but still one question is floating in my mind that if i wont get positive result then i should try my 2nd iui in the very next cycle?or i should try after 1 or 2 months?plzzzzzzzzzzzz guide me ladies.and do remember me in ur prayers.
one more question..im using Progesterone gel....feeling nothing just a lil bit sore breast... very lil not too much.is this normal that im feeling nothing? ^idiot^

#24 ·
Hmmm ... sure I posted a long post on here earlier but it's not here .... weird.  Just quickly logging in from work so sorry about lack of shout-outs.

Feeling low.  Still no AF for me and I'm desperate to start the next IUI cycle.  I think I'm going to POAS to double-check in the morning.  Oh and I'm still waiting for a reply to email to my consultant on whether 50mg of Clomid is enough for this cycle ... I'm hoping that he'll get back to me tomorrow and AF will arrive.  I've got that uncomfortable, bloaty-feeling which only AF will relieve.

Talk to you soon.

#25 ·
Shell4Roy - Stimming
Jack - Stimming
Ruby - Stimming
shenagh- beginning stimming 31st jan
Missy - stimming
KG - starting soon
Clairey2608 - Still out there

Shenagh - I'm also stimming from today! Hope all is ok and going to plan. ^reiki^
cupcake - I think it was too early to test and you drank tea and tested at 4pm. Wait  ^police^  and test again with first urine. Good luck  ^reiki^
Suzdee - 17 mm is a good size good luck for wednesday. ^reiki^

aimees - I think we all feel like we have something else wrong thats why we can't get caught but i think things just have to be right and it may take time unfortunatly!  ^hugme^ I'm sure it will happen for us all one day!
jack - No this time will be a donor from the clinic, I've got a donor i use AI at home inbetween tx. Good luck with the stimming.  ^reiki^
Dollface & Mina Moo - Hoping for a BFP but try not to test early.  ^police^ 
ruby - I had that feeling about having kids and i'm not on clomid! Keep thinking i'm too old and then when AF comes i'm gutted so i must really want them! ^hugme^
Sorry to anyone i have missed.  ^hugme^

I started stimming this morning and baseline scan on Thursday 11.30 so i think there is a big bunch of us near the same time again so fingers crossed all goes to plan.
Thanks for the comments on my neighbours being rude they don't know we are doing fertility treatment but is still rude. They have just asked if they should call me nanny because of the baby i had here but i said NO AUNTIE! i just think they are naturally rude! I think my DH just shut them up because he said we are just getting the practice in. So that will be next to ask if i am pregnant or say can you get pregnant at your age! Mind there own bloody business!
Missy xx

#26 ·
Hi ladies, wow, you can chat, I'm having trouble keeping up!

Summerglory - I've had bfps on both my IUI attempts (the second sadly a m/c) and was 36 with the first and 40 (minus a week or so!) with the second. My clinic says that IUI seems to work well with ladies of my age, so I'm hoping they are right!

Cupcake - so hoping it is implantation bleeding for you. I would discount the test for the same reasons everyone else has said - you won't be certain until test day.  ^hugme^

Ruby - Oh yes, I felt like that running up to my last IUI and again this week, so unless we are both unusual...  :)  I think we are so tied up with the ttc that the idea of a 'real' baby at the end of it seems like a million miles away. Also that its a bit of a defence mechanism to protect us from the disappointments.

Dollface - cramps are pretty common in early pg and feel pretty much the same as AF cramps  :mad:

sadya - my clinic are quite happy to do another cycle straight away as long as they scan you at the beginning of the cycle and everything looks ok. I haven't done it myself - not sure I could stand the stress!

Silliest sausage - what day are you on? Last cycle I was scanned every other day until the follies got to the right size, I guess if they don't think you are responding they would up your dosage.

AFM, af arrived today so starting buserilin and puregon injections tomorrow, then a scan on day 9. I'm a bit worried, cause I went to day 14 last time and that would take me just to when I am supposed to be away at a v good friend's LOs christening  :mad:  We'll just have to see what happens... Sounds like there are a few of us cycling together this month!

Take care, everyone,
Kx

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.