* Author Topic: Collection of Posts on Blood Results, AMH and HSG test  (Read 55560 times)

Offline Hertsgirl

modify
Low progesterone/short luteal phase - help
« Reply #120 on: 6/10/11, 10:29 »
Hi ladies

Iím hoping you might be able to help me as Iím panicking myself by overdosing on Google searches (a little bit of knowledge is turning out to be a dangerous thing)Ö

We have our first private appointment next month and in readiness for this my GP allowed me to get all the required prelim blood tests done.  He wanted me to have them done on day 21 whereas the clinic wants them done on day 1-3 so I went with the latter.  When the results came back my  progesterone level was only 1.8 nmol/l and my prolactin was abnormally high, so he called me back in for another test on what turned out to be day 18.  These results came back last week with better prolactin reading but still a very low progesterone of 2.9 nmol/l.  I got the results on day 21 and happened to feel as if I was ovulating so went and bought my first POAS ovulation testing kit and ta-dah, first test indeed showed that I was having my LH surge.  Iím now on day 27 and have my usual brownish start to my AF (sorry for TMI) so I reckon it will start properly tomorrow, meaning my luteal phase is only 7 days long.

Iíve got one of those 28 days cycles you can almost set your clock by so I always assumed I was ovulating around the 14 day mark, however it looks like Iíve got an abnormally short luteal phase and the reading Iíve been doing seems to suggest that anything under 10 days LP isnít compatible with sustaining a pregnancy  :-[

Have any of you experienced very low progesterone levels / short luteal phases?  If so, how were you treated and were any of you successful?

Thank you

xxx

Offline chazzy333444

modify
Re: Low progesterone/short luteal phase - help
« Reply #121 on: 6/10/11, 12:13 »
HI,
I just saw your post.... i too have low  progesterone  i have had 1 21day blood test mine came back at 2. So that shows i didnt ov.
I too have been using OPK's and getting a possitve result, but someone on here said that doesnt mean you have ov'd that just means you have had a lh serge but not ov'd....... maybe someone else could say if i am right or wrong?????

My doctor has just referred me to a gynacolagist...... appointment at the end of the month...... Guessing i will have tests then maybe clomid to get me ov????

Sorry i cant be much help....... have you got to go back for more tests??? whats the next step for you? xx

Offline Smark

• Gold Member
  • Poppy Elizabeth
modify
FSH results - any advice?
« Reply #122 on: 6/10/11, 20:52 »
Hello
I am 42 and am very lucky to have a 2 year old daughter. We are ttc naturally again, but know my chances are slim based on my age.
I decided that I would see my doc and check my fertility and made the decision that if the results came back as poor I
would accept the situation and move on. My doc ordered a day 21 test and CD 1-3 FSH test.
I got the results back yesterday and am now very confused. I took the tests on what I believed to be CD 21 AND CD2, however
I have always counted day 1 as the first day of spotting and have since been reading that CD1 should be the day of proper blood flow.
I always spot for 2-3 days before my full flow. If I have got the timings wrong it means I took the CD21 test on CD 18 and the CD1-3
FSH test on CD 29!
I mentioned it to my doc, but he just said results were normal.
These were the results:
Day 21 test/ Progesterone - 48
CD 1-3/FSH - 4.0
CD 1-3/LH - 4.0
Can I believe these results? Or does the fact that they weren't done on the correct days make them wrong
(assuming that is that I shouldn't have counted day1 when I spotted?).
Hope someone can help?
Thanks
Sarah x

Offline NatalieP

• Gold Member
  • Hoping, wishing, praying for a miracle.
modify
HSG yesterday
« Reply #123 on: 11/10/11, 09:50 »
Hello everyone

I finally had my HSG yesterday after putting it off for ages. I hated every second of it and it took them three tries to get the contrast to spread they said I have a tilted womb can this affect my fertility?

Anyways once they had got the contrast through (how painful is that?!) I could see my womb and ovary's on the screen next to me and it appeared the contrast had spread down my right tube but left side remained clear could this signify a blocked tube? If so what are my options? Can they unblock a tube?

Anyway advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Nat

Offline louisebr

modify
HSG Support
« Reply #124 on: 13/10/11, 08:34 »
Hi lovely ladies

So the dreaded AF arrived last night, I rang the hospital this morning and spoke to a lovely lady who booked me in for Tuesday afternoon, I told her thank god I could get in this month or by next month I think I woud be in a psychiatric ward!  She advised me it is usually the same lady doctor and lady radiologist who do the HSGs and they have done loads and she said they are both lovely.  This really put my mind at rest, I had nightmares of some junior male radiologist who hardly ever does them prodding me and poking me harshly and being annoyed at my fear!

In a way my terror has subsided slightly because I now know the waiting is almost over and it will all be over with soon.  My fear is of the procedure itself as I had a coil fitted which was excruciating and they had to stop the 1st attempt and I had to go back and have some sedatives to get me through it.

Anyway, I was just hoping you ladies could help put my mind at rest with some reassurance and hopefully some advice.  I am going to my doctors to get diazepam and will also take some cocodamol and ibuprofen too I think (I have a high threshold for painkillers, they don't have much effect on me).  I have no objection to being as high as a kite throughout!!!

Thanks for listenting/reading to my very small worries compared to what so many of you have all been through x x x

Offline Lorna1547

modify
Re: HSG booked. reassurance please? v scared
« Reply #125 on: 13/10/11, 09:06 »
Hi hon

I've had an hsg, and it is fine (honestly). 

With me it took the doc a wee while to insert the catheter, as my womb kept bobbing up and down (lol), but you don't feel the dye or anything.  You will, however, get a very attractive pair of hospital pants to wear after the procedure, which made me chuckle  ;D .

You probably will have some mild cramping after the procedure, but nothing to be worried about at all.  Just take your painkillers and you will be absolutely fine.  Also, spotting is very normal afterwards.

It's only natural to feel apprehensive and scared (especially after your traumatic experience with the coil being fitted), but the doc will put your mind at rest, and she will know that you are scared etc.  My doc was fab and the nurses talked all the way through the procedure to reassure me. 

You will be fine!

All the best hon.

L xx

Offline louisebr

modify
« Reply #126 on: 13/10/11, 09:28 »
The paper pants sound fab - very attractive!

The cathater is the bit that is worries me most.  Somebody told me that the reason my coil hurt was because they 'clamp' your cervix, so as soon as anyone mentions anything that goes near or through my cervix I go into panic mode.

Saying that though, in April I had a colposcopy where they took 2 biopsies from my cervix, and then I had to have LLETZ treatment where they gave me 3 anesthetic injections in my cervix and removed a couple of bits of my vervix.  I worked myself into a frenzy for these and they were nowhere near as bad as the coil, just a bit of pinching and stinging that was over in minutes.

Thanks so much for your kind words x x

Offline Lorna1547

modify
« Reply #127 on: 13/10/11, 09:41 »
Hey

It's just like a smear hon, they pop in the speculum and in goes the catheter.  You do feel the odd bit pressure, but I definitely didn't feel the catheter.

Yeah - pants are lovely lol.

Let me know how you get on. xx

Offline louisebr

modify
« Reply #128 on: 13/10/11, 09:47 »
Well I have no problems with smear tests, I manage to take deep breaths and get through them so I think I will be OK.   I think the problem when I had my coil fitted was that my GP told me it was just like a smear and I forgot to take painkillers and thought it wouldn't be a problem and then I almost hit the roof when they started!  So I have this thing in my mind that makes me think everything is going to be worse then the doctors tell me - even though I know this is irrational.

I really want this to be a positive experience, I have to have another colposcopy in November and transvaginal ultrasound in December, so if I can get through this well it will put my mind at rest for the forthcoming prodding and poking.

I well certainly update this post after I have been on Tuesday and let you know how it went.

x x

Offline louisebr

modify
« Reply #129 on: 13/10/11, 09:53 »
Hi Lorna

Have just noticed your profiley bit under your post - what a journey you have been on.

Congratulations - twins - I could almost cry it makes me so happy to see stories like this - I can't imagine what you have gone through to get to this point and you must be so excited now.

x

* Search

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates, gets a free discrete butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

Recent Topics

Amazon top seller!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal