* Author Topic: Dorset Chatter (formerly Dorset Chitter Chatter and Treatment at Dorchester)  (Read 70503 times)

Offline sarah26

modify
Re: Treatment in Dorchester
« Reply #270 on: 7/06/11, 16:27 »
Hope everything went ok this morning Katie

Bet you're getting excited now Jem?

I had scan this morning lining at 1.3 apparently thats good so they were a little surprised when I said AF had lasted 10 days as of yesterday hopefully that means it will disappear now. Start stimms tomorrow unless I get a call this afternoon when they get my blood results back did you inject both in the same leg each day?

xx

Offline Katiedolldoll

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #271 on: 7/06/11, 19:53 »
Hi everyone,

9 eggs collected and now sat in bed surrounded by paracetamol and water with a hot water bottle! Feel as if I have been punched in the stomach a few times but it's bearable  :)

This is the same number eggs that I had collected in cycle 1 but as it didn't work I was hoping for a few more this time. I know it's quality not quantity but logical thoughts are hard to keep hold of when hormones are raging.

Have to make the phone call at 9am tomorrow to find out how many have fertilised so fingers crossed.

Sarah26: I hope the call didn't come and you start stimming tomorrow  :) I always injected in my tummy but I did alternate sides. I did Buserelin in the left side in the morning and stims in the right side in the evening; then the next day I did Buserelin in right and stims in left.

Sarah K: How much did you rest in your last cycle after EC and embryo transfer? I took the whole 2ww off work last time and did virtually nothing and have been signed off for the 2ww again today. Tempted to actually stay in bed for a couple of days but am not sure if that's better after embryo transfer...who knows?!!

Katie xx

Offline Jem2

modify
« Reply #272 on: 7/06/11, 21:05 »
Katie that is great get lots of rest.

Jem x

Offline Sarah K

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
« Reply #273 on: 7/06/11, 21:17 »
Katiedolldoll - well done on those little eggies - that really is a great number - you should be very proud of yourself  :)

On our last cycle (where EC and ET were in London). Came home the same day as EC (Thurs), took it easy on the Friday then were back up in London on the Saturday for ET and came back the same day. I then did 3 days of strict bed rest - literally just getting up for toilet and showers. I then spent a few days chillin' around at home/garden then towards the end of the 2ww I ventured our but only for lunches/meet up with friends etc. Did no house work, heavy lifting etc (gosh..... if I could lose the housework now!). BUT this is only me, I know plenty of women on here who have carried on as normal and gone on to get a BFP. You need to do what is right for you and to look back and be able to say " I did everything I could to make this work".

Look forward to hearing your news tomorrow re: fertilisation etc.

Sleep tight all

xxxxx

Offline sarah26

modify
« Reply #274 on: 7/06/11, 21:24 »
Great news Katie hope you sleep well tonight  ^hugme^

Offline Katiedolldoll

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #275 on: 8/06/11, 10:15 »
Morning everyone,

Phoned the Winterbourne this morning and had some good and not so good news.

Good news:
4 of the 9 eggs have fertilised normally - yipee!  :)
I don't feel too bad (physically) today  :)

Not so good news:
2 other eggs are only at 1 cell stage and are unlikely to progress to 'normal' and continue dividing  :(
3 didn't fertilise at all, bye bye tiny eggs  ^angel^
I am struggling to find positive thoughts

The embryologist said the team had dicussed us this morning and they think a possible reason why fewer fertilised than last time (7/9 fertilised in cycle 1) could be that I had less stimulant drugs this time round and my oestrodial levels were lower.

As long as the fertilised eggs keep dividing well the embryo transfer is most likely to be day 3, Friday.

I know I should be pleased that we have 4 doing OK but I do feel quite disappointed as I hoped for more. I also know it's the quality that counts rather than the quantity, but I think if there were more I would feel more confident. My warped logic tells me that if the strongest 2 blastocysts didn't implant last time then why would day 3 embryos implant this time?

Sorry for the negativity, hopefully the four we have will continue to do well by tomorrow and I'll be able to relax a bit more,

Love to everyone xxx

Offline Jem2

modify
« Reply #276 on: 8/06/11, 10:19 »
Katie,

Sorry for your mixed news but your right it only takes one. Try and remain positive.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^hugme^  ^hugme^

Jem x

Offline Jem2

modify
« Reply #277 on: 8/06/11, 12:21 »
Hi Ladies,

Hope that you are all well.

I have my ec tomorrow so very nervous but I'm sure it will be ok. Feeling very sorry for myself as I'm the size of a house, in lots of pain and feel sick but it will all be worth it.
Me and DH are going for a meal tonight as our little man is staying with Nana due to the time we have to leave the house in the morning. It's amazing how supportive men can be when they want to be -  he told me yesterday how well I've done  ;D Bless him, he's in the spare room due to having a cold and not wanting me to catch t!!!

Have 5 days off work after today so when i return i will be pupo and then i test on a day when I'm at training  :( I've read about people taking time off but think i would prefer some sense of normality.

Speak to you all soon.

Jem x

Offline Jem2

modify
Re: Dorset Chitter Chatter - part 9
« Reply #278 on: 8/06/11, 12:22 »
Hi Ladies,

Hope that you are all well.

I have my ec tomorrow so very nervous but I'm sure it will be ok. Feeling very sorry for myself as I'm the size of a house, in lots of pain and feel sick but it will all be worth it.
Me and DH are going for a meal tonight as our little man is staying with Nana due to the time we have to leave the house in the morning. It's amazing how supportive men can be when they want to be -  he told me yesterday how well I've done  ;D Bless him, he's in the spare room due to having a cold and not wanting me to catch t!!!

Have 5 days off work after today so when i return i will be pupo and then i test on a day when I'm at training  :( I've read about people taking time off but think i would prefer some sense of normality.

Speak to you all soon.

Jem x

Offline Katiedolldoll

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #279 on: 8/06/11, 12:50 »
Jem I'm sorry to hear you don't feel well, have you spoken to the clinic or do you think the sick feeling is nerves? What sort of pain are you in? Doesn't sound nice  :(
Good luck tomorrow, ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ will be thinking of you.

I just got a text from DH saying he's keeping his fingers crossed for our fab four! Made me  ;D but it's a nice way to think of them.  ^pray^ they're still going strong tomorrow.

Katie xx

* Search

Free Butterfly PIN

Everyone who donates, gets a free discrete butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

Butterfly Pin

Recent Topics

Amazon top seller!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal