* Author Topic: Dorset Chatter (formerly Dorset Chitter Chatter and Treatment at Dorchester)  (Read 83998 times)

0 Members

Offline Jem2

modify
Re: Treatment in Dorchester
« Reply #280 on: 8/06/11, 13:06 »
Katie,

They are fighters i'm sure of it.

It an intense pain on my left side that's consistant, haven't thought about phoning clinic  ^idiot^

Jem x

Offline Katiedolldoll

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #281 on: 8/06/11, 14:35 »
Jem, you can tell we're off work as we keep writing!! Well you've only got a few hours until EC so it is no surprise you're uncomfortable. It'll all be over before you know it though  :)

Take care and ring them if it becomes unbearable. Looking forward to hearing how you get on tomorrow,

Katie xx

Offline Sarah K

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
Re: Dorset Chitter Chatter - part 9
« Reply #282 on: 8/06/11, 17:14 »
Jem - Wishing you all the luck in the world for tomorrow - hope you get lots of nice eggies. Look forward to hearing your news tomorrow.

xxxx

Offline Sarah K

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
« Reply #283 on: 8/06/11, 17:20 »
Katiedolldoll - Yeah! Well done you two! I know it's easy to compare each cycle with another but it really is quality over quantity. I always felt that I was never happy with the call we got the day after EC. I always said as long as we have 2 to put back in I would be happy but secretly always wanted to have a 'selection' to choose from and some to freeze. The cycle that resulted in Poppy I think was our worst in terms of fertilisation/quality - they wouldn't even let me go for a day 3 transfer which I had always had and I had convinced myself that day 2 transfers never worked - but hey - it did and I have the tiredness to prove it!!

Your hormones are still racing and playing havoc with your mind and body, don't be hard on yourself - you've done amazing well to get this far and I'm sure your fab four will do you proud.

Hope everyone else is well

xxxx

Offline Katiedolldoll

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #284 on: 8/06/11, 18:40 »
Sarah that's exactly how I feel, wishing we had a selection etc!!

I think once tomorrow's call is over I will feel a lot better about everything as we'll have a better idea about how many will be suitable for transfer. Actually managed to sleep really well last night and have had a really deep sleep this afternoon so I hope I can sleep tonight too!

Sarah26 how did the first stim jab go?

Have a good evening everyone, good luck again for tomorrow Jem,

Katie xx

Offline Wendeth

• Gold Member
  • Pickle and Noggin
modify
« Reply #285 on: 8/06/11, 22:11 »
Jem wishing you loads of luck for tomorrow!
 ^reiki^    ^reiki^    ^reiki^    ^reiki^    ^reiki^   ^afro^ ^fairydust^ ^milestone^ ^goodluck^

Clairey, hope the  ^2ww^  isn't too bad.... and you're not feeling  ^confused^  or  ^tmi^  or  ^zombie^  or  ^twitch^  yet!  ;D

Offline sarah26

modify
« Reply #286 on: 8/06/11, 22:20 »
 ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^  for the fab 4 Katie

1st stimm went badly had a slight panic attack as phoned with a couple of questions today and got told this one is harder to get through the skin and boy is it! But before we even got that far had to call the on call nurse as had issues with the vial being pressurised and squirting out everywhere then air bubbles that couldn't be got rid of.

I've been very emotional today crying at everything but about to snuggle up on the sofa with a dvd even though its late we need some chill out time. But on the plus side I can tick off the 1st one and the countdown has begun  :)

Offline Katiedolldoll

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #287 on: 9/06/11, 10:53 »
Morning all,

The fab four are still going  :) :) :) :)!!!

I hate having to call for updates, it's one of the worst bits; so nerve wracking!

3 have split to 2 cells and 1 has got to the 3 cell stage. They didn't give me a grading for them but said they expect between 2-4 cells on day 2. ET tomorrow, just waiting to hear what time. Hopefully they'll have 4 good ones to choose from. We haven't decided whether we want 1 or 2 tranferred. Well I say that, but DH wants 2 and I'm tempted too as its our last funded cycle but I am concerned about the risk of a multiple pregnancy. So many decisions to make. I'm sure we'll be guided by the embryologist tomorrow though.

Am feeling more pain today compared to yesterday which is strange. Nothing unbearable, more like some strong period pain and some shooting pains down there.

Sarah26 - you poor thing, sounds like you had a nightmare last night. The stim jab definitely is harder to get in. Do you numb the area of skin first? I bought a cold compress pack from Boots that you keep in the freezer and held it on my tummy for a while before doing the injections. It really did help. A few times I drew out more solution that I needed then before removing the needle from the vial I squirted it back in so I had the right amount. I found that this cleared any air bubbls more easily than trying to flick the needle (clearly that's not medical advice though!) You're on the last lot of drugs pre-EC now though so keep strong  ^hugme^

Hope everyone else is doing OK,
Katie x

Offline Jem2

modify
« Reply #288 on: 9/06/11, 15:15 »
Ladies a quick post as still feel a bit yuck but I had 13 eggs collected today!

Good luck for tomorrow Katie.

Hope your all well x

Offline Jem2

modify
« Reply #289 on: 9/06/11, 15:17 »
Just a quick post ladies to say I had 13 eggs collected today x

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal