* Author Topic: Slight Red Bleeding 11 days after egg transfer but had a bfp  (Read 20156 times)

0 Members

Offline Kathryn_D

Hi,

Just after a little advice so I can put my mind at ease, I had my egg transfer 11 days ago, did a pregnancy test yesterday morning after feeling really sick which was positive, went to the doctors today to get it confirmed she did 2 dip tests that both were positive, but when I get home I have started bleeding red blood not masses, definately not enough to constitute a period but enough to worry me, this came after three days of brown discharge, the clinic have increased my progesterone, but Im afraid Im having a miscarrage (although without any cramps or pain)

Could this pregnancy continue???

Hopefully

Kathryn x

Offline Moonshine

Hi Kathryn

Same thing happend to me I bled 4 days after a blast transfer and bled for 6 days I just assumed it was AF and the cyle had been a neagtive but when I did test it was BFP and had 3 blood test confirming it I am now waiitng for a 8 week scan to confirm all ok but still panicing the same as you. The clinic said they don't know why but some woman do bleed and still go on the get BFP's the clinic will need to give you a blood test to confirm your HCG level but try not to panic. xx

Offline Lisa x

• Gold Member
  • I dream of being a Mummy!
Hi Ladies!

Cant really answer your question Kathryn as I am on my first attempt at ICSI.  But I am 10dp3det and I have started bleeding today.  Yesterday I was just spotting a little bit but today I am bleeding and I feel  :'( and like its all over for me!

If you have had a BFP and the doctor has confirmed a BFP, I would say continue with it, embrace that you are pregnant, like Moonshine says, some women bleed and some dont and some that do go on to have BFPs.

I wish I could be optimistic but I know my body so well and I know that this is over for me this time, I feel exactly like I do when I have a period.  I have spoken to the nurse at my clinic and she has as good as said it is probably going to be a BFN but that I have to continue with the pessaries and do a test on Sunday.  Im so sad, but it is my first time and hopefully things will be better next time - its such a long hard process to go through to not even get a guaranteed result at the end of it  :'(

I wish you well and  ^pray^ that the BFP is 100% BFP - sending lots of  ^reiki^ your way! x

Offline Kathryn_D

thank you both,

I am a little relieved that it has eased to spotting and has returned to a more brown shade,

but Lisa x I actually cried at your reply, If this works for me I will consider myself so lucky as this is my first ICSI and first ever attempt with IVF, I wouldnt write yourself off just yet, I know it looks bad but i have read so many responses with women have heavier bleeds and still having a bfp, I will keep you in my thoughts and hopefully it will have worked but if not you will have a successful attempt next time, you have to stay positive I for one know how hard that is but thats all we have to cling onto.

Good Luck and I sincerely hope with all my heart that you are x
 ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

Offline Kathryn_D

Hi Moonshine,

Just wanted to say, congratulations and good luck for your scan I am confident all be fine, also thank you for the advice after reading your reply I calmed down and luckily it is easing off now so  ^pray^ ^pray^ 

Kathryn xx

Offline Moonshine

Hey both, it is sooo hard and I was convinced mine was over too I didn't even carry on with pessaries as I was so sure it was AF I had a 6 day bleed so carry on girls you never know... everything crossed for you.   ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

PS: I still don't believe I have a BFP I dont think the worry ever ends! x

Offline staceysm

• Gold Member
Hi,

It can be a real worry when you bleed, but the hardest part is the not knowing.  I bled throughout the 2ww and up until I was 5 months pregnant.  I bled loads with clots to at 12 and 13 weeks and was rushed to hospital by ambulance.  Once there I was told that my cervix was open, therefore I had most probably miscarried, however on both occasions my little boy hung on in there and I now have a happy and healthy 14 month old.

Good luck to you all.

x

Offline Kathryn_D

Hi staceysm,

Thats really a relief to hear that, I am still bleeding red today though still not enough for a period, did another test (cos Im a glutten for punishment) and that second line is getting stronger so I am still holding out that i will be ok, my other half has me on complete rest which eases it slightly, no real pain or cramps but i dread going to the toilet just in case there is loads. Although I am actually due a period today so I am on tenter hooks. How did you feel when you were bleeding I am so scared I cant sleep, I cant eat, i feel so sick, is this all normal??? xx

Offline staceysm

• Gold Member
Hi,

I was pertrified and worried the whole pregnancy. I honestly didn't relax until my baby was born. I wish I could say that I loved being pregnant, but under the circumstances I just wanted it over, so that I could start to enjoy my life again.

My bleeding was caused by chunks of my womb lining coming away, which then caused the pouring of blood because it is a live blood supply.

Good luck.

Stacey
x

Offline Kathryn_D

Hi again,

been doctors had a beta test done got another on monday, hopefully it will carry on rising doctor was positive especially because my tests are getting stronger lines, so fingers crossed, just wish the bleeding would stop, it cant carry on forever, right!!!!????

Thanks for your support xx

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal