* Author Topic: Any DEIVF cycle buddies at Shady Grove?  (Read 169671 times)

0 Members

Offline ♥MillyMax♥

• Gold Member
  • Shady Grove-USA, FGA, ARGC, M/C Ctr, BMI Chiltern
modify
Re: Any DEIVF cycle buddies at Shady Grove?
« Reply #100 on: 13/06/11, 14:47 »
Hi Buddies

Thank you all for your wonderful supportive wishes  :-*  We are now back on UK soil, having flown in to LHR at 7am yesterday morning  ::) sadly I didn't sleep on the flight so  arrived very jaded  ^confused^ but home to two very happy to see us furbabies  ^cat^ ^cat^  but DH was a star  ^hugme^ and wouldn't let me carry even my handbag (only a bottle of water since out and about on Fri) unpacked, put the washing on and even went shopping for a few essentials whilst I popped into bed and had a lovely long sleep from 10-4  :) I guess this week I won't know if the zombie feeling is jet lag or early pg symptoms....but hey so long as I can manage to sleep through most of the wait all the better  :)

PMA is still alive and well here  ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^reiki^ I have been experiencing lots of low abdo aches so hoping it's implantation/uterus stretching and not the evil AF  ^bigbad^ had it since D6 so PMA is telling me it's way too early for AF ^noAF2^ so that is keeping me boyant  :) ^2ww^ Am planning nothing more than chilling at home during the wait, with lots of sky  stuff to watch, a bit of Zita West CD each afternoon or when I start to waiver & lots of sleep, DH is committed to doing all the cooking (I filled the freezer with lots of homemade goodies b4 we went to the US, so I think I can remember to take something out each day and then he can be in charge of the oven/hob  ;D )

MrsVB - hope the 2nd half of the mock goes as well as the first for you and  ^reiki^ ^pray^ you get the go ahead next week!

Julia -  ^hello^ honey  :-* for your personal supportiveness  ^hugme^

FG - so glad your trip has gone well and delighted you had such a positive experience at SG, especially being excused the mock  :) how have you managed that? Guessing you're probably travelling back later today, hope you have a pleasant flight  ^reiki^ and enjoy your extended hollies time with friends and family, you may find you can have a bit of quiet time together to be able to search for your donor whilst away if not it's really not too much of a delay honey  ;)

Trip -  ^hello^ sweety

Right time for a nap now me thinks  ;D

MM
x

Offline julia3620

modify
« Reply #101 on: 14/06/11, 21:32 »
Hello Ladies!

MM , so glad you are home and giving  yourself absolute and full permission to do what you need to do. Rest, nourish and dream well. Continuing to send you lots of abundance and light and relaxation

Other ladies, I hope we are all doing well!

Jxx

Offline katieanne

• Un-Ranked
modify
« Reply #102 on: 17/06/11, 18:13 »
Hi ladies...  lots of activity on this thread... and seems like lots of good things happening ^pray^ ;D....  good luck with it all..... great to read your posts about being in Washington....  what hotels did you stay in?   We have used the Sheraton in Rockville and the other time we used the Hilton which is literally around the corner from the clinic.  Both had a shuttle service to the metro and we used that for travelling dowbn town DC......I haven't been on this site for ages so much going on...  I hope you don't mind me dropping in... I'd really appreciate some opinions.......

Well since I last posted on FF we have been back to SG and have done a third DE FET.... and miscarried at 6 wks 4 days  :'(   Dr Levy and his team are really great though and the follow up is fantastic and very supportive...so no complaints at all about shady grove!

We are doing the 2.1 shared risk shared donor programme and I thought that we had completed our 2nd attempt with shady grove only to be told by Dr Levy that FET  doesn't count as an attempt and that our next attempt will be considered attempt #2 !!!   which I think is very accommodating ..

My question is this... and I'd really welcome your opinions.... we are definitely going for a 3rd (well actually our 2nd attempt at DE IVF with shady grove as part of the shared risk/shared donor programme.    I'm just waiting for my beta hcg levels to drop to 0 so that we can start another round....   I presume I would need to have one natural menstrual cycle before we can get going... As a teacher I'm on summer break now and was hoping to have attempt #3 completed before I have to start back to school at the end of August....  it wont be possible if we have to go through the process of choosing a new donor etc etc... so the clinic has suggested that  we could  look to the Egg Donor Bank and that way most likely we could complete a transfer before the new school year begins. I had to take a good few weeks off school last term to complete the 2 x DE attempts and  don't want to have to do that again next year...

So what do you think.. :-\. should I just wait it out and go with a new and fresh donor cycle or should I go with another frozen cycle ????  would really welcome your comments.. thanks for reading this  ^hugme^ ^pray^

Offline ♥MillyMax♥

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #103 on: 17/06/11, 20:41 »
Hi Katieanne, thank you for joining us and a very warm welcome  :-*

I am sorry you have just experienced a miscarriage  ^hugme^  I really do know how that feels through OEIVF and send you much warmth and strength.   

I am unsure that any of 'this' buddy group of SG'ers are equipped to offer any opinions/advice regarding your next steps as none of us are as far along as you in the process...I am the nearest having just gone through our first DEIVF fresh cycle with my OTD in the next few days, therefore for my two-pennith-worth,  whilst I hear what you are saying about fitting in with the school trimester if I were in your position I think I would be taking advice from Dr Levy and his team as to what approach would be better for you to embark on be that fresh or egg bank!

Looking forward to getting to know you and good luck with your decision.

MM
x

Offline fruitgum

modify
« Reply #104 on: 17/06/11, 21:56 »
Just a very quick one before I lose the signal again...

K - I was there last week and they only had one person with eggs in the bank so this option could seriously affect your choice. Personally, I think it would be better to get the right donor for you and worry about how to fit it into your schedule later. Sorry so direct but on holiday and finding it difficult to read and post.

MM - hope DH is still pampering to your every whim!! Hoping you are going to be the first of a string of BFP's for this thread. Keep positive and OTD will be here before you know it

FG x

Offline maddiemax

• Un-Ranked
modify
« Reply #105 on: 18/06/11, 17:38 »
Dear All

Hope you won't mind me joining in. We're part way through the process with Shady Grove, have completed the mock cycle, chosen our donor and been given some estimated dates in July for the retrieval and transfer. Now in complete panic about how to get organised for flights and hotels etc. I love to be organised and plan ahead, but don't think I can do that this time.

MM - you've been through this, I think you waited until the very last minute to book flights, I'm panicking in case I can't get a flight it will be the end of July and I guess holiday season will be here. I'm going alone and it would make me feel a lot better to be organised. Any feedback greatly appreciated, I think I will also ask Amanda.

Offline ♥MillyMax♥

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #106 on: 18/06/11, 18:40 »
Hi Maddiemax (another MM)

Try not to panic about the reduced timescales, believe me I also like to be very organised (ex-freelance PA/Project Mgr, so goes with the territory)!

You will definitely be able to find a flight & hopefully you will find a deal, can I suggest you use Expedia or Lastminute in the first instance but yes if you wanted to get Amanda involved she may well be able to help u look for flights & get a good deal at the hotels she has arrangements with, we didn't need to trouble her to help. Infact she doesn't have a deal with the hotel we stayed at but we caught up with her at length after transfer & she's looking into getting a deal with where we stayed The Crowne Plaza, Rockville.

Remember SG will not want you to book to travel before knowing how your donor is responding, hence they actually state to fly on embie d4 (obviously in light of our canx flight so glad we didn't take this advice) we booked the day b4 EC knowing that we would have a share of the eggs as our donors E2 was indicating a good split otherwise we would have waited till EC before booking.  We then flew out on embie d2 & flew back hm on embie d8.

Good luck with the coming weeks!

Hello all other lovely buddies, going to go off radar now till test date...will be in touch when I emerge from hibernation!

MM
 x

Offline Helenb33

modify
« Reply #107 on: 19/06/11, 15:34 »
Hello all

Would you mind if I could join your thread?

This really is the thread that I wished I'd found about four months ago, as I've been through the Shady Grove journey pretty much at the same time as MillyMax (other than a 1 month wait because our chosen donor wasn't available) but with nobody to talk to!

I guess I should introduce myself a little bit? I'm 41 (and not sure how that happened!) and have spent 10 years going through some of the usual treatment stuff. I have a very patient and supportive husband, and a fluffy cat who has probably absorbed more tears than a cat should have to put up with over the years.  I work as a self-employed project manager in the public sector.

I got back to the UK today after SET on 14th June. Everything went quite smoothly, other than a last minute flight panic and really expensive hotel prices because the US open was on up the road! I'd go with what others have said about flights - I would have been tearing my hair out by day 4, so we chose to fly out on 'fertilisation day' (day 1, I think?), praying all the while that there would be some fertilisation. The only major disappointment for us was that whilst our share of the eggs on the 1:2 programme was 8, only 4 fertilised and only 1 grew to be a high quality blast, which I now have on board. I'm now keeping everything crossed on the 2WW.

Best wishes to all
Helen

Offline fruitgum

modify
« Reply #108 on: 19/06/11, 16:48 »
MillyMax - just in case you pop for a sneaky look I'm sending you love and best wishes  ^hugme^

MaddieMax - don't panic about the flights; out of interest I looked the night before I flew out (about 10 days ago) and I could have got us on the exact same flights for 30 more each than when I booked 3 weeks in advance.

Helen - hoping there is no truer saying than 'it only takes one'  ^reiki^

Lovely to have more ladies joining the thread. Just sorry I'm not able to write properly to you all; I'm on my hols and not a lot of opportunity to read and post.

Chat soon....

Fruitgum xx

Offline mrsveebee

modify
« Reply #109 on: 20/06/11, 15:26 »
Hello Ladies

Firstly welcome to Katieanne, Maddiemax and helenb33 - it is fantastic to have more voices to this thread.  I'm not long into the process but I've found this thread to be a huge source of support.

MillyMax - Not sure if you are popping in and out of here but just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you and sending loads of  ^reiki  ^reiki^ ^reiki^  Take care of yourself, I am keeping my fingers, toes and everything else crossed for you!!

FG - Hope you are enjoying your holiday.  You have soooooo much to look forward to when you get back!

Julia - Hope everthing is still going OK for you.

Helen - Wow another PUPO on this thread.  Really pleased for you and do keep us updated on your progress.

Katieanne - I'm so sorry to hear about your previous mc's.  Like MillyMax said, I would be inclined to go for another fresh cycle and worry about how you are going to fit it all in later.

Maddiemax - I know its a huge worry with the flights etc but do try not to worry too much it will all work out fine plus Amanda and the team are so helpful I'm sure that would help out with anything if need be.

AFM - not a good day unfortunately.  Re my mock cycle I had my bloods and ultrasound today and my lining is only 6.9mm -  and not  the 8mm+ required. So just waiting to find out from SG what I do now - whether to carry on with the meds and go back for more tests next week.  Also do any of you ladies know what happens re any follicles produced?  I had one follicle showing on the scan  but I dont know if I should expect to ovulate as part of the cycle or what happens so a bit confused and feeling a bit down hearted at the moment.

Sending you lovely ladies lots of big  ^hugme^

xx

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal