* Author Topic: Any DEIVF cycle buddies at Shady Grove?  (Read 160179 times)

0 Members

Jen42

modify
Re: Any DEIVF cycle buddies at Shady Grove?
« Reply #270 on: 23/08/11, 17:26 »
Just had the 'good to go' email from SG!  :) All great with the mock cycle, so now have to 'bring on' AF and then start the pill prior to selecting a donor and synching.... Eeek!  :) :)
xx

Offline fruitgum

modify
« Reply #271 on: 23/08/11, 17:54 »
Jen - ^clapping^ ^clapping^. My donor goes in for her screening tests tomorrow, so fingers crossed we get some good news and we can start syncing too! Pleased you had a good holiday - I'm sure you will both have really benefited from it.

MonkeyMrs - we had our councelling at SG and it was fine, although nothing earth shattering. They didn't raise any issues we hadn't thought about and it certainly wasn't emotionaly draining or anything like that. They forgot to charge me for the session so you may get lucky too  ;)

Bezza - I found chosing a donor really difficult. There were ones that I thought I could maybe go with, but I wasn't really totally happy and I just couldn't bring myself to press the button to confirm which is why we ended up goingthroug an agency. The downside of course is that we now can't participate in the shared risk program but I was beginning to think I wasn't going to anyway as it was taking me so long to chose! Strangely, the donor we've chosen isn't a perfect physical match for me - she's blonde and I'm a brunette - her eyes are brown and mine are green - but her personality really shone through for us and that seemed far more important in the end. I think what I'm trying to say is that it turned out it was more important I found a donor that was 'like me' rather than one that 'looked like me'. I hope this may have helped a little bit.

Fruitgum x

Offline ♥MillyMax♥

• Gold Member
  • Shady Grove-USA, FGA, ARGC, M/C Ctr, BMI Chiltern
modify
« Reply #272 on: 23/08/11, 20:57 »
Wow what a lovely lot of  ^gossip^ to catch up on  :)

Firstly Jen, welcome back honey so pleased you had a good break with you DH and delighted you have the 'green' light - got my Mum staying with me for another few days during my parents UK visit and will then give you a buzz to catch up properly  :-*

FG - fab news re your donor and sorry haven't forgotten you asked me about meds promise to get a PM to you  :)

Hi Julia - Yes am starting to relax a lot more now thankfully and so pleased you and your DH have found some equilibrium  ^reiki^

Zeybani - hoping you have now heard from Amanda

For anyone that was waiting for news from the team today not sure if you are aware but they had a mini earthquake in Montgomery County just down the road from the clinic earlier today, all is ok with all but if you were waiting on calls/emails this could have been a reason for a delay today.

Jay -  ^reiki^ for your SG trip honey and I so hope all goes well for you and you enjoy meeting the team and feel fully supported for going forward.

Bezza - Ohh not long now honey till your trip over - enjoy honey and I hope it all goes well for you  ^reiki^ & you can enjoy some r&r time too, hope your hangover 'upsetness' passed quickly for you!

Pengers - Woohoo you're through the first lot of hurdles, all good vibes on the following journey honey  ^reiki^   I am beginning to relax a lot more into the pg now into the 2nd tri having not been this far in any of my previous pregnancies and have started to believe now that we really could achieve our dream early next yr (not too early though little Foggy pls - a few days into Feb will be early enough  :) ).  If you meant regarding using a donor although in the back of my mind it's purely thoughts now to be so thankfully that there are such kind generous ladies out there to be willing to help 'US'!  On a physical level I'm carrying this baby, I'm the one experiencing some days all day nausea (still!!! - though it might abate by now but relived non the less to be feeling it) and the induced need for napets in the afternoon and not forgetting the growing bump  ;D

MonkeyMrs -  :) to our Foggy Bottom name, think I made reference to why some pages back now so sorry to those that are unaware it's an area in Washington that you pass through to get to Georgetown our fav place in Washington and 'Shady' seemed an unfitting name for our embie/baby  ;D   ^reiki^ for your upcoming trip over and hoping you can enjoy some r&r whilst you are there too.

Helen -Have been thinking of you lots recently, how are things, sorting your Mums things must have been incredibly difficult and I hope you are being kind to yourself  ^hugme^

^hello^ to anyone else I have missed

AFM, everything is going well, DH & I had an appointment with the GP today to inform him (with my previous history didn't want to go until after Nuchal and this was the earliest apt we could get), he has been through our whole 8yr journey with us and was genuinely thrilled for us and totally understood why I have missed weeks of being in the system  :) hence my first midwife apt won't be until 18wks (earliest apt, but not too worried as being Consultant led privately at the mo it's more to get in the system for community care/after care.

Right must close nearly mine and 'FB-Baby Bears' bed time as early start tomorrow off to London with my Mum for a little spot of Marylebone High St mooching and a bday luncheon with my friend and her son (our Godsons) 1st birthday picnic lunch (we meet 2yrs ago during an ARGC cycle and become very close buddies and were thrilled when asked to be his Godparents last yr - so it will be a lovely celebration tomorrow)  :)

MM
x

Offline fruitgum

modify
« Reply #273 on: 23/08/11, 22:13 »
MillyMax - thanks for the pm, that's really helpful. Have a lovely picnic - I hope the sun shines for you all  ^sunny^

Offline Jaymay

• The world says give up Hope whispers one more time
modify
« Reply #274 on: 23/08/11, 23:31 »
Hello Ladies, thank you for your warm welcome.  Itís comforting to share things with a great bunch of people who really understand how you feel.

Jen, huge congratulations on completion of your successful mock cycle!  What a great lining. So pleased youíve been accepted.  So itís all systems go now, wishing you loads of luck with the next steps and choosing a donor.  (Donít know whether you remember us from the seminar, but I have just told DH your news and he sends you and your DH a big thumbs up!). Good that you already had your holiday booked, sounds as though it did you the world of good.

MillyMax, wow what can I say... amazing news about the nuchal scan. You and DH must be over the moon.  So happy for you.  Me and DH wish both of you all the best for a happy trouble-free pregnancy. I hope you can really start to relax now and enjoy the next few months.  I have to say it brought a tear to my eye about the purchase of Ďyour babyísí first bear and Iím sure youíll always treasure that moment.  Good to hear all went well with your GP.  Have a great time shopping with your mum and enjoy your Godsonís 1st birthday.  (ps thanks for your PM last week).

Fruitgum, sorry to hear that SG didnít work out for you but you have to be totally comfortable in your choice of donor.  I understand why youíve chosen personality over looks, in an ideal world we would like both but that doesnít exist so we have to compromise on something.  Glad that your new clinic is very thorough and your telephone consultation went well.  Hopefully it wonít be long before you start synchronising with your donor. (Btw the biscuits were that good!)

Pengers, really good news about your mock, hope you soon get the go ahead to pick your donor. Exciting times!

Zeybani, with Amandaís holiday and the mini earthquake out the way, Iím sure sheíll be in touch very soon.  Sheís very quick to respond and once she does youíll find that things start to move very quickly.

Bezza, weíll be in Washington the same time. Hope youíve nearly got your forms done (sooo many questions).   Glad you had a lovely holiday and time away from anything fertility related.  Iíve also been worried about finding the right donor hence one of the reasons why moving forward has taken so long, until we found SG.  On the temporary database there was one donor I was very happy with, and a close second.  But Iíve stopped looking until (hopefully) we get accepted.  Tempted though!  Hope all goes well with your visit.

Helen, have been thinking of you and said a little prayer for what must have been a difficult time going through your mumís things.  Hope you are ok and AF has arrived so you can move forward with the next step.

Julia, hope things are back on an even keel and you are giving yourself lots of tlc in readiness for ET.

Cherrywoo, orange wasnít one of my colours either but I have an orange top now which Iíll be packing!  Good luck with your visit next month and happy 9th anniversary in advance.

MonkeyMrs, you fly out the week after us, hope all goes well.  I was only saying last week that it costs the average couple the price of some folic acid and a pregnancy test, about £15, whereas weíve spent and will spend thousands, gulp!

AFM, been busy getting everything ready for our visit on Friday, fly out Thurs, yikes only 2 days away!  Really nervous but still excited things finally moving forward after nearly 3 years since last OE treatment.  GP put a few obstacles in my way but bloods finally done plus mammogram.  Has taken ages to get the paperwork together and only finished the forms last night, phew! One more day at work and just need to pack now.  Worried that we wonít get past the first hurdle before even doing the mock. (I have a fibroid, raised NK cells, underactive thyroid, endometriosis and now raised prolactin as well).  With all this going on, fingers crossed Dr Levy will let me cross the starting line and do the mock cycle.  To top it all AF due the weekend but looks as though will come early, not good for my examination!   And I have the most horrendous PMS, poor DH.  I hope it goes soon as we may have to sit apart on the plane!  We fly back late Sunday night so have almost 2 days for sightseeing and hopefully some well earned r&r.

Hello to MrsVeebee, Honeybee, Katieanne, Maddiemax, Shadda, Suziewoosie and anyone else Iíve missed, hope everyone is ok.  Hope everyone has a good bank holiday weekend and the sun shines!

Jay xx               

Offline MonkeyMrs

modify
« Reply #275 on: 24/08/11, 09:21 »
Ladies,

Apologies, just a quick one as DH has requested I ask the ladies on my special site for information  :)

How have/are you getting to SG from the airport, he's all up for public transport but we'll be tired and I want to make this as easy as possible?

MonkeyMrs x

Offline pengers

modify
« Reply #276 on: 24/08/11, 10:50 »
Hi MonkeyMrs

We got a cab to our hotel, which was about 10 mins drive away from SG.  I would reckon that the cab-cost about $70 (the traffic was heavy).  On the way back in was about $50.

Hope this helps!

Pengers

Offline Bezza22

modify
« Reply #277 on: 24/08/11, 13:23 »
I can't believe the week we're due to fly out, there's an earthquake - what are the chances? There have been some hurdles along the way and now this!!!! If I was superstitious, I 'd think this was a sign. :)

Not too worried though. Jay, I didn't realise you were going so soon. Good luck with it all. We fly Saturday for a Monday appointment.  ^goodluck^

Fruit Gum, thanks for your words of wisdom. I know this might sound a bit silly, but I was concentrating on the physical characteristics so much, but what you say is sooooo right. Thank you. I have more positive hope now.  ^reiki^ I didn't think it would be so hard. As my consultant put it, I'm quite average really. So I was surprised at the little choice. I suppose it all comes down to the seriousness of the decision we're making. Thanks again.

MM - keep enjoying every minute of it. Reading your posts always makes me feel very happy.  ;D

Hello to everyone else,

Bezza

Offline Jaymay

• The world says give up Hope whispers one more time
modify
« Reply #278 on: 24/08/11, 15:06 »
Hi Bezza, I know, an earthquake of all things!  Talk about jumping through hurdles on this fertility journey. Just read that some flights were cancelled and there's been aftershocks.  Seriously stressing now and not helped by my raging PMS! aarrgghhhh.  Fingers crossed it will all be ok.

MonkeyMrs, we've booked a private cab through The Washington Flyer as recommended by Amanda, didn't want all the hassle in a new place, and prices very reasonable.

Managed to get home early from work so off to pack now... Hello to everyone else.

Jay x

Offline fruitgum

modify
« Reply #279 on: 24/08/11, 17:55 »
MonkeyMrs - there is a fantastic transport service from Dulles Airport. This is the link to the airport site http://www.metwashairports.com/dulles/dulles.htm. Choose the ground transportation option and then the one we chose was the super shuttle which we thought was a great compromise - this is the link direct to them http://www.supershuttle.com/. You just follow the signs coming out of arrivals, go to the desk and they list you for the next shuttle - we waited about 5 minutes. It then takes about 10 people and drops you all off at your various hotels for a fixed fee. You can then arrange with them to pick you up from your hotel for the return trip. They did want to pick us up quite early for the return - I think they have a set time they like to allow to guarantee you get there on time, but we just asked them to pick us up a bit later with our risk - they came dead on the arranged time and we got to the airport in plenty of time. I quite enjoyed our little tour round the city picking the other passengers up. I really didn't want to face buses and metros after a transatlantic flight - but I also didn't want to blow money on a cab. This worked out perfectly for us.

FG x

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal