* Author Topic: The Hull IVF Unit ~ Part 27  (Read 131155 times)

0 Members

Offline Poppetgirl

modify
Re: The Hull IVF Unit ~ Part 27
« Reply #340 on: 12/09/11, 18:07 »
Congratulations on your wedding Kirst! Hope you enjoyed the day xx

Offline nutmegs

modify
« Reply #341 on: 12/09/11, 18:31 »
congrats on your wedding Kirsty - so pleased that twin 2 is doing well too xxx

Offline yogvic

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #342 on: 13/09/11, 13:10 »
Kirst - congrats on your wedding!

Hi to everyone else!

Sorry i don't get on here very often now but do try to keep up with everyones news. Thomas and Luke were 1 yesterday! What a year its been! If anyone wants to see some pics i've updated the link on my signature with lots of pics from their first year so feel free to have a look.

xx

Offline R33

• Un-Ranked
modify
« Reply #343 on: 13/09/11, 17:17 »
Hi ladies,

Well we had our appointment at the subfertility unit and it seems that DP's swimmers aren't as good as they should be in that there's isn't an awful lot of them but they have good mobility. They seem to think the route for us will be ivf. I need to get my bmi to below 30 and as I have pcos he has put me on metformin - not so good side effects but at least the weight is starting to come off !! We have to go back on 5th October.

My question is has anyone any idea how long the nhs waiting list is ? I was so overwhelmed at the appointment I forgot to ask the most important question of all !!!

Hope everyone is ok and baby dust to all.

Thanks
R
X

Offline boomer206

modify
« Reply #344 on: 13/09/11, 18:12 »
Hi Rach,

I don't know anything about pcos, but I'm pleased that you're getting underway.  Its a good feeling to think that something is happening.

On an aside, I think they must have changed the age limit, as I'm in the east riding, and had our treatment at 37.

Our first appt with the doctor in the clinic was on 1st sept last year, we had started treatment by mid november.   
From seeing the local doctor in Feb, it took until Sept to see the ivf doctor, but OH had to go through rounds of tests, and then they messed us about with appts so we lost about 8 weeks. 
But from the first appt at Hull clinic, it was only 2.5months to starting treatment (going on 1 month of pill in my case.)  Down reg started 1 month after that (mid december.)  To be honest i don't think it can go much quicker than that, as they had to do bloods etc, but once we had seen the doc, it all just started to flow quite quick.  This was only last year, but I've no idea how quick things are going through now.

Hope this helps!!

Hi Rach,  Congrats on your wedding, I'm pleased that you had a lovely day.  I'm so sorry to read about twin 1, but over the moon about twin 2.  Its wonderful to see them kicking and wriggling about!  Keep strong for your little fighter!

Hi Yogvic,  happy birthday to Thomas and Luke.  I keep seeing your pics, and they are absolutely gorgeous.  What an amazing year for you all!!

xxx

Offline caz1976

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #345 on: 13/09/11, 18:37 »
i really think they must have changed age limit in that case boomer silly east riding pct do they know what they want to do they have changed amount of nhs tx you can have as well as it was 2 and it just changed in april to 1 go,

rach i had first appt in the sept at hull sub fertilty dh had to do 2 lots of his thing and we had follow up october end of, were put stright on nhs waiting list went to the december opening evening and started with my december bleed at the first tx i did'nt need the pill that policy at hull only came in last april so i had to have it for secon tx,

you will ring to let them know day one of bleed and start the pill day 2of bleed and dont stop until ivf clinic tell u to

Offline caz1976

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #346 on: 13/09/11, 18:38 »
boomer your pregancy is going fast now hun.

Offline boomer206

modify
« Reply #347 on: 13/09/11, 19:01 »
tell me about it!  :)
sometimes it can't go fast enough and I'm thinking roll on Jan, then others I just want it all to slow down, as I'm loving every minute.

Gonna be a hectic few months though, and they'll just fly by, as we're moving house in two months, then its xmas, so these next few months will just whiz by as we won't have time to stop for breath!

How are you Caz?

xx

Offline R33

• Un-Ranked
modify
« Reply #348 on: 14/09/11, 12:46 »
Thanks so much for the info - can't believe how quick it was - we were hoping for next year but it seems it may be earlier - fingers crossed !! Just hope I can get the weight off - bmi was 30.3 today and I've still got three weeks before the dreaded weigh in !

Feel like I'm going loopy at the moment - can't concentrate on anything - it's in-between the appointments that does me in. Plus everyone seems to be pregnant at the moment - so annoying !!

Hugs to you all
R
X

Offline caz1976

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #349 on: 14/09/11, 15:15 »
boomer am o.k it's hectic for use too at the minute dads got pneumonia, he is getting better now but it can take 6mths to a yr to get over fully.

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal