* Author Topic: The Hull IVF Unit ~ Part 27  (Read 130160 times)

0 Members

Offline boomer206

modify
Re: The Hull IVF Unit ~ Part 27
« Reply #420 on: 7/12/11, 13:05 »
Hi Ladies,

hope you don't mind me posting my news on this thread, I'm on another one for people due in jan/feb but there's too many people.  This thread is much more personal and I know you all better.

Harrysmum, thats great on egg collection, have you had transfer now then? (sorry I'm a bit lost with the days)

W2F  -  wow so pleased you've got your down reg appt, the 12th you say?  Good luck honey, I'm sure this will be your turn, you so so deserve it sweetie!!

Well, I've a rough few weeks, not baby related - bambino is fine.  Unfortunately my Dad passed away on Monday, he'd had a long hard 11yr battle with cancer, and the last month or so started to deteriorate very quickly.  We were taking him for radiotherapy mid November, but it made no difference, and was rushed into castle hill oncology on Monday last week.  He wasn't expected to last the night, but kept fighting until my brother arrived from Paris on saturday.  I think once he knew he was there, he finally gave up the fight and lost conciousness.  I've been at his bedside all week, and all three of us were there when he passed away. 
So all though we now know he's not in pain, and it was very peaceful at the end, it doesn't really make things easier does it.
The nurses etc were wonderful, couldn't have asked for better care.

So all in all, its pretty tough, and I'm exhausted.  Doctors said baby would be fine, I was worried what the stress may do as my blood pressure is fairly high and they are monitoring it weekly, but he said worst case was early labour, but at 34weeks + now, even that wouldn't be a problem.
But he's hanging on in there, kicking away. 
Guess some good is that I haven't actually put any weight on in 8 weeks.  I had gained 2 stone at 26 weeks, and now at 34w still at 2stone gain.  Bump is getting bigger though, so baby is obviously taking all the goodness and leaving me with not too much really!!

Anyways, just wanted to wish you all luck and love, and hope you don't mind me crashing this with my news.

xxxxx

Offline isobel snow drop

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #421 on: 9/12/11, 15:43 »
My thoughts and prayers are with you Boomer, I'm so sorry for your loss. Take care xxx

Offline kirsthull

modify
« Reply #422 on: 13/12/11, 11:48 »
MORNING LADIES
just a quick hello, and to send good luck wishes to W2F and Lisa xx
Boomer hope things are getting better for you

AFM nothing to report, think Lily is going to be a football player by the way she kicks me lol, i am 26 weeks today, at castle on 23rd for GTT then back to consultant on 30th

Hope everyone else is well and keeping warm

Kirstie xx

Offline kirsthull

modify
« Reply #423 on: 15/12/11, 21:05 »
Hi
Yes finally in third trimester glad you think it's flying by feels like forever to me been really long 6 months!!
I think it's a good thing they letting fully down reg first as then u not wasting your turn if still got adhesions at least they know early and not let you go through the whole rollercoaster x
Harrysmum hope you had a good result and now had your ET xx

Offline harrysmum19

modify
« Reply #424 on: 15/12/11, 21:08 »
Hi ladies,
Very pleased to quietly and cautiously announce my bfp. I pray this little bean grows big and strong. ^pray^
Thank you ladies for all your support along the way!
Lisa xxx

Offline harrysmum19

modify
« Reply #425 on: 16/12/11, 17:03 »
Way2feisty - no I don't think it was me! Haven't been to the clinic since the 3rd Dec! I always want to ask people in the waiting room if they use this thread, but daren't!!!! There are loads of Lisa's having treatment there at the mo - 3 when I went for my last scan!!!!
I would like to find the couple who were buzzing constantly on the front door bell of the unit whilst I was having my transfer though - how very rude!! They very clearly tell you that if it's a saturday transfer you sit in the waiting room and wait for someone to get you!!! The door was left ajar for them but they still buzzed for ages - I felt so tense during transfer and really didn't think it had worked.
loads of love to everyone
Lisa xxx

Offline caz1976

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #426 on: 16/12/11, 17:57 »
harrysmum congrats hun  :-*   ^hugme^

Offline isobel snow drop

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #427 on: 16/12/11, 23:43 »
Congratulations Lisa  ^BFP^ ^BFP^ ^BFP^ ^BFP^  ;D xxxx

Offline M2M

• VIP Member Sponsor
  • My 2 gorgeous kittens who got me through 2011. :-)
modify
« Reply #428 on: 17/12/11, 15:21 »
Lisa, what wonderful news... congratulations!  ^hugme^   ^reiki^   :)  Oh and I had a bank holiday transfer which was hectic as well. One of the consultants did it... in shorts and sandals!

Offline charlie14

• Gold Member
  • Loves being a mummy to Riley
modify
« Reply #429 on: 18/12/11, 05:00 »
Congrats Harrysmum great news  ^hugme^

Hope all you girls are well and all ready for christmas its come round so fast

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal