* Author Topic: ovulation symptoms???????????  (Read 958 times)

0 Members

Offline nina40

modify
ovulation symptoms???????????
« on: 30/05/11, 23:14 »
Hi all, I haven't posted here for a long long time and am dealing with moving on without any little ones...but thats another story. I just wanted to ask if anyone has intermittent clear cervical mucus (alot of it every few weeks) and tender breasts while diagnosed with pof? I haven't had a period for 5 years, am 43 and haven't had any hot flushes in the past 6 months, actually haven't felt any of those horrible menopausal symptoms in ages. I am not currently on HRT either....just wondered if these things happen to any of ye...Thanks

Offline maia74

• Un-Ranked
modify
Re: ovulation symptoms???????????
« Reply #1 on: 31/05/11, 14:28 »
Sorry TMI but the mucus has to be quite thick and lumpy for it to be a sign of ovulation. I was diagnosed with POF and am quite an expert on mucus as I was watching out for it like a hawk lol. I did ovulate and manage to get pregnant. To this day I am not sure whether my diagnosis was correct. I have to do more tests in a few months. Anyway, I was also on HRT and when I stopped it I ovulated. I used clear blue ovulation tests that are very similar to the pregnancy ones. The test was 'positive' for ovulation and I did not believe it at first (since I was told I would not ovulate at all) but then there was the right type of mucus as well. Good luck!

Offline nina40

modify
Re: ovulation symptoms???????????
« Reply #2 on: 31/05/11, 17:25 »
thanks for the reply and actually the mucus has been thick and jellylike and i feel like I am ten pounds heavier today too! Might jsut use those strips the next time it happens, though I read somewhere that you can have a surge in estrogen intermittently when you have POF and it really means nothing. Thanks anyway hon x

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal