* Author Topic: Wessex Fertility General Chat - part 25  (Read 114480 times)

0 Members

Offline twinkle29

• Gold Member
modify
Re: Wessex Fertility General Chat - part 25
« Reply #790 on: 11/02/13, 13:46 »
Hi jess, I'm too bias about the Wessex as we have our beautiful boy. So much so we are having another go In may to hopefully have a sibling! We had ICSI and did the long protocol. Depending on my AMH results, I'm hoping it will be the same again this time round xx

modify
« Reply #791 on: 11/02/13, 14:42 »
Hello All...I didn't know there was a Wessex thread until now so I wanted to sneak by (am at work and casually flicking from FF to spreadsheets on my PC) and say hello. My DH and I are at the very beginning of our IVF journey in that I had a meeting with Gillian at the Hampshire Clinic last Friday and she has already booked us into Wessex next Wednesday for first scan, paperwork, etc. Living where we live (north of Basingstoke) we could have gone to Oxford which was tempting as they have such a reputation but after doing a bit of googling as you do it seemed like their status has accompanying popularity so busy, busy, busy. Any comments I have seen re Wessex have been that it is personal and friendly whilst professional so we went with that...nothing like just jumping in!

As we're IVF newbies we have no real idea to expect so we're in a haze of excitement and positivity - it helps that our major house extension/build project also starts next week so we have plenty to distract us over the next few months  ;D

Any advice re Wessex would be gratefully received.

xx

Offline lesbo_mum

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #792 on: 11/02/13, 16:44 »
Hi Ladies,

Sorry to gate crash just wonder if any of you lovely ladies knows if Wessex will do private IVF to someone with a BMI of 33?

Thanks

Emma

Offline jennywren7

• You are stronger than you think! x x
modify
« Reply #793 on: 11/02/13, 18:26 »
Hi Emma,

I'm pretty sure they do private IVF on ladies with a BMI of up to 35. They obviously recommend you to try and lower your BMI to increase your chances of having a positive and healthy pregnancy, but I think 33 is fine. I'm pretty sure mine was 31 and we've had two rounds of IUI.

Jenny x

Offline twinkle29

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #794 on: 11/02/13, 19:39 »
Hey blinky (hope you don't mind me calling you that) I find them really friendly there and can have a giggle to! We didn't really get a choice with clinics as the urologist made the assumption for us! Hahaha! So glad he did as I felt so relaxed with them. It was march 2010 we had treatment there so can't imagine much has changed! Back there on the 6th march and very excited!

Having a house extension at the same time is great as you have something to focus on and hopfully the time will fly! :) x

modify
« Reply #795 on: 11/02/13, 21:39 »
Hi Twinkle, you are welcome to call me Blinky even thought it's Binky but Blinky made me chuckle  ;D

I can't believe that at some point in the next few months I'm going to be moving into and living in a teeny, tiny caravan with my DH and DDog whilst doing IVF ha ha ha I must be a crazy lady but as you say its a great way to take my mind off it. Talk about two 'grand designs' at once!!!

Seriously though I am looking forward to next week's appointment, to see where it all happens and meet the people involved - makes it real.

xx

Offline fingerscrossed61

modify
« Reply #796 on: 12/02/13, 00:37 »
Hi ladies, sorry not been around a while had so much going on hope your all ok.... I have a question I'm 23 days late, have really sore boobs like upto my underarms never had this before..... Anyway I did a test on Saturday in the afternoon but bfn what's going on?? Xxxx

Offline Witters

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #797 on: 12/02/13, 07:12 »
Hi Fingers ^wave^ great to see you! Sorry about the misleading signs ^hugme^  did you chart your cycles?  If you didn't, you may have ovulated later, not at all, leading to a misleading test day.  If you did and are sure of O day, you may have a lutial cyst.  I had this a while ago and was very confused. I had a very clear ovulation, good timing but was 30+ dpo and rising with lots of symptoms but negative tests. I spoke to chart experts who couldn't understand it, even my doctor couldn't understand it!  In the end, we *think* it must have been a lutial cyst delaying AF.

Good luck and I truly hope you find an answer soon - hopefully a happy one, if not then atleast an answer which can help you move on...

Offline bearloopy77

modify
« Reply #798 on: 12/02/13, 13:48 »
Hi everyone. It's great to see you all so positive about the freya centre. I know we chose wisely now.
I am 35 and had my tubes removed in November, after finding they were blocked and twisted. Then had the double blow
of finding my amh is a measly 1.7. Waiting for my period hopefully monday and we are all systems go. Trying to relax but
easier said than done. I have accupuncture booked for Thursday hoping that will help. Any advice greatly received x

modify
« Reply #799 on: 12/02/13, 14:55 »
Hi Bear nice to see you here...hope your AF arrives on Monday and you can crack on  :)

It will be interesting to hear how you find the acupuncture. I've just got in touch with a lady who I had acupuncture with a year or so ago and I thought it would be nice to start again a) as an IVF boost and b) as a relaxant...I'm not hugely keen on needles (says she about to embark on the IVF path) so she does this amazing massage called Tui Na and it is soooooooooooooooooooooooo relaxing.

Caroline
x

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal