* Author Topic: Hints and Tips on single parenting finances!  (Read 28373 times)

0 Members

Offline suitcase of dreams

• Gold Member
modify
Re: Hints and Tips on single parenting finances!
« Reply #190 on: 23/04/12, 16:43 »
coco - will message you  :)
Suitcase
x

Offline GIAToo

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #191 on: 23/04/12, 17:20 »
Coco - I'd like to know too if you get any good tips please  :)
GIA Tooxx

Offline upsydaisy

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #192 on: 23/04/12, 17:21 »
Coco - That sounds quite steep to me  ??? .  Although it depends how much you have to get rid of.  I find with clothes anything with a label will go.  The same goes for any well known brand larger items baby bjorn etc.  Mini Boden clothing sells very well (to people like me  ;D ).  In fact I've now started buying from their catalogue and looking on it all as half price as I know (barring bolognese disasters) I can get half the money back on e bay.  I tend to use school holidays to put a load of clothing on (I made 50 on the last 6 items  :) ).  All E's main baby items came from ebay trip trapp high chair, baby carrier, travel cot, baby walker.. all sorts.  It was all resold on ebay, occasionally for a profit.  Except the trip trapp which she's still sat on  :) .  It's so easy to print out the postage through paypal it's not that much of a bother and bigger items can be collected.  It helps to live in a city when selling big stuff (more customers).  My beloved bugaboo will be the next to go  :'(   It wont fetch much as it's been used to death ::)   I really just want someone to remove it from my hall ::)
Upsyxxx

Offline greatgazza

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #193 on: 23/04/12, 18:24 »
I'm hoping to become an expert 'ebayer' at some point!

Upsy what do you mean about printing out postage through paypal?

Is it best to get people to pay through paypal or if it's a collection only item is it better to get them to bring cash?

Suity i'd be keen to hear any ebay tips if you have them?  Oh and thank you so much for emailing the naming ceremony script. as with so many other things right now not even had a chance to look at it yet.....but it's on my never ending  'to do' list...

GGx

Offline suitcase of dreams

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #194 on: 23/04/12, 19:06 »
will do proper post/message soon but just quickly now to answer GG's questions - if people pay you via paypal there is an option to print an address label (paypal has their address obviously) which saves time when packing up parcels..

if collection item then def get them to bring cash - there are fees to receive money with paypal (on top of the ebay fees you've already paid to sell the item) so if they bring cash you avoid those extra fees (paypal charge 3.4% plus 20p per transaction to receive the money which soon adds up)

more later - I'm no ebay expert but I've been doing quite a lot of selling (and some buying!) recently so I'm picking it up as I go along  :)

oh, and whilst I remember - look at selling through local facebook pages before ebay - no fees at all to sell, and if big/collection items for cash then no fees at all as paypal not needed either. I've sold a good few bits through the facebook pages and then what doesn't sell there goes on ebay
search facebook for 'items for sale in x' - there's sure to be a group near you and may even be one specifically for baby stuff which is even better...

Suitcase
x

Offline Fraggles

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #195 on: 23/04/12, 19:22 »
Hi

I just went to my local college and got my hair coloured for the first time since I was a student! 20 later and I am on to a winner especially since they gave me a 15 of voucher for my next visit and my mum told me that my hair looked better than usual when I have to pay 80. I did think it could go one of two ways but also thought the students are supervised and the students are likely to take longer over it than more experienced hairdressers. Oh and should I fancy splashing out for a blow dry one week it will only cost a 5 Result. They also do discounted beauty treatments.

xx

Offline upsydaisy

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #196 on: 23/04/12, 19:58 »
GG - for smaller items you can weigh them at home and pay for the postage through paypal, you print out an address label with 'postage paid' on it.  It saves having to queue up at the post office.  I tend to leave the profits in paypal.  Lots more retailers now allow you to use it to pay for things.  I got a new vacuum with my last profits  :)
Upsyxxx

Offline greatgazza

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #197 on: 23/04/12, 20:03 »
thanks for the info suity.  do you tend to get the same amount of money you'd hope for on ebay thru fb tho?  i bought my babybjorn sling at an nct sale and i reckon it would have cost more on ebay....  the 'bidding' thing does get some people hooked on an item and push the price up don't you find?  altho i'm sure sometimes it works the other way as i've got some things at very good prices on ebay and i'm sure i would have hoped for more if i'd been selling it e.g my fisher price rain forest swing for 26 which new can be about 120/130.

swings and roundabouts probably  ;)

oh ok about printing the labels through paypal, i thought upsy meant there was maybe some way of paying for postage through paypal rather than having to get stamps etc.

if you are going to be posting quite a bit of stuff get in there quick buying stamps as the prices go up soon. if they have already sorry!

GGx

upsy our posts crossed.  that's what i thought you might have meant. thanks GG xx

Offline lulumead

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #198 on: 24/04/12, 16:50 »
That sounds like a good deal Fraggles...lovely to have new hair :-)
Xx

Offline Fraggles

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #199 on: 24/04/12, 17:51 »
Yes lulumead and no longer a grey hair in sight. Hurrah. x

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal