* Author Topic: Fife & Ninewells rollercoaster part 1  (Read 75794 times)

0 Members

Offline preciousbundle

modify
Re: Fife & Ninewells rollercoaster part 1
« Reply #690 on: 9/03/12, 17:30 »
Brellini - I had a chuckle when you said you peeked through the window to see him having a smashing time  ;D  Leaving him on Thursday was pretty bad - he howled and I nearly went back in the room - honestly I had my hand on the door handle. But all in all when I went back at 3pm (having managed to only phone the nursery once  :) ) they said he had had a pretty good day considering it had been a long day for him. He seemed quite happy with the staff. Still felt v strange leaving him with people I don't really know and I am not looking forward to next week but hopefully when I can start to sense he is enjoying it then it will be easier. There are lots of things going on in the nursery to occupy him! He loves seeing other wee ones. I just find it hard to think of him not getting 1 to 1 attention like he gets at home   ;)

Start work end of March subject to the disclosure check being done by then.

Have a good weekend all. Lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^  for Brellini/Jen and Linz on the 2ww.

Revols - May isn't long away! 

Offline haggis81

• Un-Ranked
  • Be strong, be happy :-D
modify
« Reply #691 on: 9/03/12, 18:06 »
Hey girls

Hope all you guys cycling & on the 2ww are keeping well - stay positive, it does happen!!    ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

x
x

Offline Linz7

modify
« Reply #692 on: 11/03/12, 14:22 »
Hey guys,

sorry for the delay in replying.  Was a long journey home.  We had our one very precious embie transferred on Thursday, they were happy that it was exactly how a 2 day embryo should be.  So nothing more we can do other than wait those long 17 days  ^idiot^  and  ^pray^   ^pray^   ^pray^

Anyone on the 2ww going nuts yet symptom spotting?  I looked at stuff online last night and quickly had to stop lol!

Revols - thats great news your starting again soon, really hoping this is your year xx

PB - thanks!  Hope Keir will get on good at nursery.  Not long now till new job starts!

Hope everyone is well xx

Offline Mathilde

modify
« Reply #693 on: 11/03/12, 20:16 »
Hi all, just popping on to say hi and wish the 2ww girls all the best of luck. Off to hospital on Tuesday then op on Wednesday. Should be in about 4 days so see you on the other side...

M x

Offline Gem15

modify
« Reply #694 on: 11/03/12, 21:20 »
Hi everyone!
Sorry not been on much, managed to get a last minute deal to tenerife so just back from a week in the sun  :) thought it would do me good to get away for a bit before any treatment starts. Looking forward to my appointment tomorow....feels like it's been a long time coming!
Been catching up on everyone news, wishing you girls on 2ww all the luck in the world!!

Gem xx

Offline stamper

• Un-Ranked
modify
« Reply #695 on: 12/03/12, 14:12 »
Hi Everyone,

I've commented a few times in the past, but as I was on the waiting list -didn't have much to input. I do check the board regularly - so best wishes to all the girls currently on their 2ww!!!

I received a letter on Saturday, to say that we have FINALLY reached the top of the NHS waiting list!! We have an appointment early April, with plans to start after that I am assuming.

The letter says that the appointment is for screening and AMH levels. Can anyone advise of when treatment is likely to start after that? Just feels like such a long process...Will we just get blood taken and get sent home to wait on results? Will we then get another appointment to discuss start dates? Drugs and shown how to administer injections?? Just want to know for sure when it will start, so if anyone can advise how soon after AMH tests they started??

I have been feeling positive and excited whilst waiting..when the letter dropped through the door, I went from excited to an emotional wreck within the space of an hour. I kept thinking how stupid it was to get excited about an appointment, when most people can make (sometime not need to) a decision to try for a baby, and its as easy as that!! My mind boggles at the fact to most, this process is so simple. For us, it's long, hard and stressfull!!

Sorry about the negitivity, I think it finally sunk in over the weekend the extent of what we are having to go through.

Steph xx

Offline tjenny

modify
« Reply #696 on: 12/03/12, 15:59 »
Hi Mathilde - Hope all goes well at the hospital - keep us posted on how it goes  ^hugme^

Gem - I hope you get on OK today and have asked lots of questions, remember if you have forgotten anything there are plenty of us on FF to help  ^hugme^

Linz - welcome to the mad PUPO club, hope you've been it enjoying it so far, LOL  ^hugme^

Stamper - good to see you have reached the top - how long have you been waiting?  The screening results took around 2 weeks to come back for me then an appointment was made for the following week to discuss protocol and drugs etc depending on your AMH result.  Once this has been agreed and you are on the short protocol you then start pretty much at your next period so it could potentially just be a month or 2  ^hugme^  It was as quick as that for me.  Sorry I don't know the timelines for Long Protocol - maybe someone else can help with that?

Brellini - Hope you're bearing up petal.  Won't be long till test date for us, yippeeee.  In a way I'm getting more nervous as ignorance is bliss as they say! x  ^hugme^

Jen x

Offline Gem15

modify
« Reply #697 on: 12/03/12, 16:45 »
Well girls thats the screening and AMH bloods taken!!  ;D
She said I just need to wait on AMH results coming back then we can get started  ;D ;D
DH was so funny, he had to lie down, yet again, to have his bloods taken!! On the other hand mine was pouring out all over the place, literally!! Lol
Hope everyone is doing well!

Gem xx

Offline Brellini

modify
« Reply #698 on: 12/03/12, 19:01 »
Stamper - congrats on finally getting to the top of the list :)  One of my best friends got her letter earlier this year to tell her she was top of the list.  She had her first appointment which was bloods for screening and AMH.  She waited just 2 weeks for her results too.  She was waiting to hear what to do next then went home one night to find her pack and drugs had been delivered.  Think that was just about 4 weeks after her screening app.  She starts long protocol on her April AF.  I don't think you will have long to wait at all.  So exciting...it is daunting but just take one step at a time and celebrate getting to each stage.

Tjenny - I'm doing good, I had a lovely massage this afternoon and have had a busy weekend so time isn't dragging to much yet.  My DH goes offshore on Thursday so i think I will find this weekend will be a different story!  I agree tho that I am in blissful ignorance, able to almost believe it's still possible I guess.  You got any symptons?

Gem - Great you are a step closer  ;D  Won't be long til you join us on this mad journey.  lol at your DH, my DH isn't great but worse when watching her take mine  ^idiot^ person that he is!

Linz - your OTD isn't far behind mine!  How you coping with the very long 17 day nightmare?

Mathilde - Good luck for your op this week  ^hugme^

Thanks for the well wishes everyone xx

Offline benbeculagirl

• Ail xx
modify
« Reply #699 on: 12/03/12, 22:41 »
Hi Guys

Wondering if I can join you.  Had a first failed cycle in January but was lucky enough to get 2 frosties.  After a very long wait for AF I have just started sniffing again for FET cycle, awaiting a letter with the date of the baseline scan.  DH and I busy trying to work out what to do now - to have one or 2 transferred.  Both were good grade 5 day blasts which the embriologist said she would freeze separately so we would have a choice?????  Don't know whether to double our chances in one cycle or double our chances by having 2?  Someone mentioned on another thread that having 2 put back can help one to stick if that makes sense.  Does anybody have any wise words?

Ail xx

* Search

Recent Topics

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal