* Author Topic: Fife & Ninewells rollercoaster part 1  (Read 66962 times)

0 Members

Offline Brellini

modify
Re: Fife & Ninewells rollercoaster part 1
« Reply #750 on: 30/03/12, 16:48 »
Tjenny - hun I am so so sorry, what awful heartbreaking news  :'(  You and DH must be absolutely devastated, I can't imagine how terrible yesterday and everyday at the moment must be right now.  Be kind to yourselves and look after each other.   ^hugme^  ^hugme^ xx

Offline wishingalways

• TTC #2
modify
« Reply #751 on: 30/03/12, 18:54 »
I am so so sorry tjenny, I know words wont make much difference but we are all here for you. xxx  Try to stay positive this is not the end of the road, I know thats easier said than done.  BIG HUGS. xx

Had my 8 day scan today, little disappointed but also deep down expected a slower response with an amh of 5. I have 2 follicles on left measuring 10mm and another 5 smaller ones she didnt measure and 2 follicle on the right measuring 10mm with another smaller one.  Im going back monday for another scan, praying they grow over the weekend.  On the plus side my linning was great at 8.4mm.   Has anyone else been at the same stage at day 8 and how many follicles, eggs did you get.

Im off back to work for 4hours then off for two weeks. X x

hope everyone is having a good day.

Also do you just get 1egg from one follicle?

Offline benbeculagirl

• Ail xx
modify
« Reply #752 on: 30/03/12, 19:30 »
Jen - Many many  ^hugme^ ^hugme^, I know nothing we can say can lessen this for you, but know you are both in our thoughts right now

Wishingalways - can't quite remember what day my scan was at last time but I only had 4 of measurable size 10-12 mm and 6-8 smaller ones.  Ended up with 6 collected, 5 fertilised.  I do remember they all seemed to put on a bit of a growth spurt towards the end.  Fingers crossed for you

Gem - sorry can't remember how long I waited, but seem to remember that when the results came I was surprised as they were quicker than I'd been led to expect.

Hi Everyone else - hope you're well.  SPent today sorting out ferries for our quick trip down on Tues.

Ail xx

Offline Revols

modify
« Reply #753 on: 1/04/12, 16:08 »
Oh Jen im soooo sorry huge hugs to you both -  ^hugme^ I know at the moment you wont feel like even thinking about tx just take your time toots and you will know when you are ready. Be kind to yourself xxx

Offline XXDDxx

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
« Reply #754 on: 2/04/12, 11:15 »
Hi ladies.
I think I posted on here a while back with this question. I'm hoping someone can help me out or put me in the right direction. I'm just wondering what the donor sperm situation is like at ninewells? We were at ERI and they currently don't have any sperm donors and my area either refers you to ninewells or ERI.
Thanks Donna. Xx

Offline Revols

modify
« Reply #755 on: 2/04/12, 11:37 »
Hi Donna sorry cant answer that question, maybe it you speak to *name removed* she might be able to help 01382 632111 or anne.mcconnell@nhs.net  good luck x

Offline molly76

modify
« Reply #756 on: 2/04/12, 21:58 »
Hi Jen - Hugs to you and your DH, don't give up xxxxx  ^hugme^ Take some time out, nothing anyone can say to make things better, thinking of you both xxxxx

Hi Donna - Welcome, can't answer your question, Anne is the best woman to do that as Revols said xx

Wishing Always - Hope treatment is going well, my treatment IVF was a disaster, took 12 weeks for me to get to egg collection, had to take tablets 3 times to shed lining as so thick!! Only got 3 eggs after all that time, all fertilised, one stopped progressing, put 2 back - they thought it very unlikely for it to work but thank goodness it did that time,I think it's one egg per follicle - a lot to get head around? Was your scan today? Hope things looking better xxx

Hi Revols, Scotgirl/ Kirsty,Brellini,Gem, Linz xxxx

Offline Revols

modify
« Reply #757 on: 4/04/12, 09:54 »
Wishing - how did the scan go on Monday - hope all good x

Offline wishingalways

• TTC #2
modify
« Reply #758 on: 4/04/12, 12:33 »
Hi everyone, just to update... went back monday and they had grown but not as much as I had hoped, I had 2 x 15mm, 2 x 13mm and 1 x 12mm.  There were also 4 at 10mm.  The nurse said two had to get to 18mm by wednesday to proceed so as you can imagine have been on tender hooks, also my linning on monday was 14mm.

Went in for scan at 8.40 and to my huge relief I now have 1 x 19mm, 1 x18mm, 3x 16mm, 2 x 15mm and about 2/3 at 12mm. Mm my linning is perfect at 14.2mm.   I was so nervous and the nurse was lovely she measured the left ones and the 18mm one was just and no more and after measuring those went over to the right and the big one was popping right out at me and she said "thats the one" in a really nice way, the smile on my face was huge.  Its taken what feels like forever but finally we will be taking trigger shot tonight and in for collection on friday.

They have given me the option of two things for egg collection and dont know what to choose.  The first is to just have a patient controlled pump for painkillers and watch the whole process or I can have an infusion of sedation and painkillers through a drip.  I dont have loads and loads of eggs and so far have not had any real pain, I also love seeing everything and I am in no way squeemish so think I might opt for no sedation but on the other hand think I may aswell just relax, I dont want to be away with the faries though.  Any thoughts, has anyone done it with just painkillers?

Offline XXDDxx

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
« Reply #759 on: 4/04/12, 12:36 »
Hey. Just wanted to say I was sedated and had pain relief and I was very aware of what was going on I think the pain snapped me out of it, I think I was out of it to begin with. To me it was very sore still but didn't last long at all. Xxxx

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal