* Author Topic: Fife & Ninewells rollercoaster part 1  (Read 70690 times)

0 Members

Offline fairypants

modify
Re: Fife & Ninewells rollercoaster part 1
« Reply #800 on: 14/04/12, 18:35 »
Last one started 21st March so hopefully if it's on time (sometimes my cycles are really long) then it should be 11th May-ish!!

Offline Gem15

modify
« Reply #801 on: 14/04/12, 18:38 »
Not long at all eh!!  ;D my cycle is the same, some months 28 days other months 39!! Theres  just no telling! X

Offline althorley

modify
« Reply #802 on: 14/04/12, 22:40 »
Hi every1,

Me and my dh have been waitn 18 mnths 2 have donar egg ivf and ive been told we might need 2 wait anothr 2 years due to lack of donars. Regreat sayn tht i would go with a donar and should of just waited and had a last try with my own eggs. Oh well looks like i might have 2 go bk abroad. Babydust to all.xx

Offline benbeculagirl

• Ail xx
modify
« Reply #803 on: 15/04/12, 19:08 »
Hi All

Hi Althorley and Nicola  :)

Congrats Wishing - all fingers crossed and poritive thoughts being sent your way

AFM - just back from Dundee.  Progress scan went very well, which gave us a bit of a surprise, hav egot used to being told we might need to wait a little longer. :)  So ET on Fri 20th assuming they thaw!!  Still debating the 1/2 back issue, both DH and I swing, have now decided to wait until the phone call on Friday then go with our gut reaction.

Hope all are well

Ail xx

Offline wishingalways

• TTC #2
modify
« Reply #804 on: 15/04/12, 19:22 »
Hi everyone, can I ask some advice.  Does ninewells acu keep you on the progesterone up until the end of the first trimester.  It appears alot of clinics including UK ones do just to be safe.  I have been worried about it because my day 21 progesterone test when we were having bloods done a while back came back as 30 which is on the low side so Im worried that after my test day 25/04/12 I wont be using the progesterone anymore and my levels will be too low.    Does the clinic even do a test or do they just hope your body has made enough of it. ? and hope for the best.   ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Offline Elf84

modify
« Reply #805 on: 15/04/12, 19:31 »
Hiya, I was only on the crinone gel until my otd and my progestorone level wasn't checked.  I think some clinics believe you will be able to support yourself by then but its always worth giving them a call, especially if you have evidence of low progesterone levels previously.

I have to say I was paranoid it was the gel that was making everything work and hated coming off it but, fingers crossed, everything was, and is fine :)
xx

Offline wishingalways

• TTC #2
modify
« Reply #806 on: 15/04/12, 19:46 »
Thanks elf, can you remember what your day 21 progesterone levels were when tested.  If someone else has the same levels and was fine then that would make me feel better but i just dont want it to afftect anything.   I always feel like the NHS really dont care that much as long as you are within normal ranges and they said that my level was within normal ranges at 30 but when i did the research that is the lower lower end and could explain why i have not concieved in the past.   

Offline Elf84

modify
« Reply #807 on: 15/04/12, 21:26 »
I really can't remember, I only had my levels checked once about 4 years ago!

I agree with lack of nhs care, my thyroid has been on the verge of being underactive for a while but no-one felt it important to check throughout my treatment.  As it turns out, my thyroid did turn underactive, either from all of the drugs and fluctuating hormones or in early pregnancy.

My gp picked it up at 6 weeks and is trying to stabilize it, but I just wish it had been monitored better or that I had insisted it was.

Xx

Offline tjennym

modify
« Reply #808 on: 16/04/12, 11:33 »
Welcome on board Nicola & Althorley  ^hugme^

Best wishes to Wishingalways - hope your little embabay's are snuggling right in  :). I also stopped the progesterone on OTD and was concerned about this as I also had low progesterone, can't remember what it was though.  My link g has always been on the thin side on each scan but they never seem too concerned like me but sine I'm paying private on next shot I want to make sure I get the best chance possible.

AFM - just back from a fabulous hol with DH which was soooooo needed.  Got my review appt 29/5 which is ages away but I want my body to get back to a healthy stage again before trying so using this time to relax with acupuncture again and healthy diet.

Brellini - when are you trying again, I think I'll be around July?

Best wishes to everyone else and thanks for all the lovely messages, they have really helped so I really appreciate you sending your kind words  ^hugme^

Jen x

Offline Brellini

modify
« Reply #809 on: 16/04/12, 19:12 »
Hi all, hope everyone is good.   ;D

Tjenny - welcome back hun, you are sounding a little more posititve which is great to hear.  Glad you had a lovely holiday, just what you both needed I bet.  We are going again in June or July, would like to hold off til July to give us a bit longer on the new vitamins and to be a bit healtier but as we will be doing short protocol this time we need to work around when DH is home which makes it a lot more difficult to schedule.  As my AMH is so low too we can't risk waiting too long either.   End of May will soon come round, will give you enough time to get a list of questions at the ready!

^goodluck^ wishingalways, hope the awful 2 week nightmare isnt driving you too mad!  ^reiki^

^goodluck^ for friday benbeculagirl

Gem15 -  hope you get you results soon,  I had to pester them for mine, they took 7 weeks in all but that was during the closures last year so maybe that delayed them too.  The waiting is a nightmare isn't it!

fairypants - sounds to me that you are on long protocol.  From what I understand long protocol is when you start DR on day 21, short is when you start on day 1.  Hope that helps  :)

xx

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal