Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fife & Ninewells rollercoaster part 1

122K views 1K replies 45 participants last post by  cacamac 
#1 ·
Welcome to your new home happy chatting

I also thought it may be nice to have a little list of all your bumps and babies so drop me a line on the thread and i will get a list made up

bubs

#752 ·
I am so so sorry tjenny, I know words wont make much difference but we are all here for you. xxx  Try to stay positive this is not the end of the road, I know thats easier said than done.  BIG HUGS. xx

Had my 8 day scan today, little disappointed but also deep down expected a slower response with an amh of 5. I have 2 follicles on left measuring 10mm and another 5 smaller ones she didnt measure and 2 follicle on the right measuring 10mm with another smaller one.  Im going back monday for another scan, praying they grow over the weekend.  On the plus side my linning was great at 8.4mm.  Has anyone else been at the same stage at day 8 and how many follicles, eggs did you get.

Im off back to work for 4hours then off for two weeks. X x

hope everyone is having a good day.

Also do you just get 1egg from one follicle?

#753 ·
Jen - Many many  ^hugme^ ^hugme^, I know nothing we can say can lessen this for you, but know you are both in our thoughts right now

Wishingalways - can't quite remember what day my scan was at last time but I only had 4 of measurable size 10-12 mm and 6-8 smaller ones.  Ended up with 6 collected, 5 fertilised.  I do remember they all seemed to put on a bit of a growth spurt towards the end.  Fingers crossed for you

Gem - sorry can't remember how long I waited, but seem to remember that when the results came I was surprised as they were quicker than I'd been led to expect.

Hi Everyone else - hope you're well.  SPent today sorting out ferries for our quick trip down on Tues.

Ail xx

#754 ·
Oh Jen im soooo sorry huge hugs to you both -  ^hugme^ I know at the moment you wont feel like even thinking about tx just take your time toots and you will know when you are ready. Be kind to yourself xxx

#755 ·
Hi ladies.
I think I posted on here a while back with this question. I'm hoping someone can help me out or put me in the right direction. I'm just wondering what the donor sperm situation is like at ninewells? We were at ERI and they currently don't have any sperm donors and my area either refers you to ninewells or ERI.
Thanks Donna. Xx

#756 ·
Hi Donna sorry cant answer that question, maybe it you speak to ************** she might be able to help 01382 632111 or anne.mcconnell@nhs.net  good luck x

#757 ·
Hi Jen - Hugs to you and your DH, don't give up xxxxx  ^hugme^ Take some time out, nothing anyone can say to make things better, thinking of you both xxxxx

Hi Donna - Welcome, can't answer your question, Anne is the best woman to do that as Revols said xx

Wishing Always - Hope treatment is going well, my treatment IVF was a disaster, took 12 weeks for me to get to egg collection, had to take tablets 3 times to shed lining as so thick!! Only got 3 eggs after all that time, all fertilised, one stopped progressing, put 2 back - they thought it very unlikely for it to work but thank goodness it did that time,I think it's one egg per follicle - a lot to get head around? Was your scan today? Hope things looking better xxx

Hi Revols, Scotgirl/ Kirsty,Brellini,Gem, Linz xxxx

#758 ·
Wishing - how did the scan go on Monday - hope all good x

#759 ·
Hi everyone, just to update... went back monday and they had grown but not as much as I had hoped, I had 2 x 15mm, 2 x 13mm and 1 x 12mm.  There were also 4 at 10mm.  The nurse said two had to get to 18mm by wednesday to proceed so as you can imagine have been on tender hooks, also my linning on monday was 14mm.

Went in for scan at 8.40 and to my huge relief I now have 1 x 19mm, 1 x18mm, 3x 16mm, 2 x 15mm and about 2/3 at 12mm. Mm my linning is perfect at 14.2mm.  I was so nervous and the nurse was lovely she measured the left ones and the 18mm one was just and no more and after measuring those went over to the right and the big one was popping right out at me and she said "thats the one" in a really nice way, the smile on my face was huge.  Its taken what feels like forever but finally we will be taking trigger shot tonight and in for collection on friday.

They have given me the option of two things for egg collection and dont know what to choose.  The first is to just have a patient controlled pump for painkillers and watch the whole process or I can have an infusion of sedation and painkillers through a drip.  I dont have loads and loads of eggs and so far have not had any real pain, I also love seeing everything and I am in no way squeemish so think I might opt for no sedation but on the other hand think I may aswell just relax, I dont want to be away with the faries though.  Any thoughts, has anyone done it with just painkillers?

#760 ·
Hey. Just wanted to say I was sedated and had pain relief and I was very aware of what was going on I think the pain snapped me out of it, I think I was out of it to begin with. To me it was very sore still but didn't last long at all. Xxxx

#761 ·
Hey everyone, I'm back...I have pulled myself together after our BFN and we had our follow up appointment yesterday.  Dr Kini has advised of a few changes for next attempt so we will be doing flare protocol and freezing some  ^HappySperm^ for a back up.  We are going to do few months of DHEA and coenzyme q 200mg first see if that helps and hope to go again in Jun/Jul.  Does anyone have any experience of these supplements?  ^pray^ this is our time.

wishingalways - yaaay you are so close now  ;D  I had the infusion as the nurse had noted that I had a high left ovary so they would need to do a bit of pushing to get there and I might be in pain and I don't remember a thing until I came out!  Guess everyone is different.

Love to all xx

#762 ·
Just wanted to add I think I have a high tolerance to pain relief, I had morphine at the hosp once and it didn't really affect me that much. I took tramadol for painful periods and o think that's y. So every1 is different. Xxxxx

#763 ·
Wishingalways - that's fab news about your follies, you get get some nice juicy eggs from them!  I want for full sedation & wad aware of what was going on until near the end when I fell asleep.  When I came round shortly after I then went on my way after an hour wait so it's nothing to worry about.  Good luck hun  ^hugme^

Brellini - great news they are going all out to make a difference to your next cycle, sorry I don't know anything about those supplements, what are these for?  I'm waiting on my review appt to come through - how long did you have to wait  ^hugme^

Had review at the EPC in the Vic today & it turns out pregnancy ended up being an early eptopic not in my cervix after all!!  What they removed was some tissue with bacteria (how that got there no-one knows) will ask more q's at NW.  I've just been so, so bloody unlucky but at least there's no long term damage & they said I should still be able to have a healthy pregnancy  :(

Taking a few months off but will have some fun again trying au naturale as I've missed my hubby!

Hope everyone else is well

Jen x

#764 ·
Thanks everyone, I'm still in two minds about what to choose.... why do they give you the bloody choice, I was quite happy to have sedation if they said that was how everyone does it but now i dont know... too many decisions im driving myself  ^idiot^ and then I have to decide one or two.... :-\

Thats great news bellini that they are going to tweek it next time and that your still staying positive. I dont know much about those supplements but have heard of them before, they get mentioned alot on other fertility forums.  Anything is worth a try i would say, it cant do any harm.

I am having another dilema as well.  I have been having acupuncture for about 6 months in preperation for the IVF and she has been great but its just bloody typical she is off for 5 days over easter weekend and when is my EC friday and my transfer will probably be Easter Monday.  She has given me the numbers of other acupuncturist but I dont know whether to phone them or not... surely they dont know anything about me but is it best to just leave it until say tuesday or try to get someone.  My acupuncturist said that she would usually give me a session within 24 hrs before egg transfer and within 24 hours after egg transfer and she is going to be away for both!  :-[ :-[

#765 ·
Hi girls  :)

Tjenny - I'm so sorry Hun, I hope you're ok and that they sort things out at NW for you really soon  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Was wondering - I'm due to start sniffing around the middle of May, just waiting for april's AF! Anyone else due to start around that time?!

Xxx

Ps Wishing always - I've had sedation for something else before and it was fab, was awake but hardly remember anything x

#766 ·
Wishing - great stuff about taking your trigger shot - best of luck for EC , ive been knocked out each time because I decided we see enough of this whole process and I like the woozey feeling when I wake up hahha  ^idiot^

Jen - good to hear from you, you will know when you want to try again - enjoy you and hubby time  ;)

Brellini - thats great you are going to try something different next time round sorry I dont know anything about them tho.  ^hugme^

benbeculagirl - hows the sniffing going?  ^hugme^

Linz - how you doing toots  ^hugme^

Math - have you had a follow up yet? hope you are keeping  well  ^hugme^

Fairypants - Best of luck, Im starting on my May period so will be about month behind you. Starting to wish it was sooner but my d/h going on a golf holiday and I kind of need him around hahaah

#767 ·
Tjenny, hey hun.  How are you doing?  Sounds like you have just been so unlucky indeed.  ^hugme^  Hope you get some answers at your follow up.  The DHEA is to improve egg quality although they don't necessarily know if there was anything wrong with them.  Due to self funding we will only have this and maybe one more go so worth trying.  Coenzyme q is apparently an antioxidant that might help with DH sperm motility/quality.  We'll give anything a bash!  I had a phone appointment for the follow up as we are a bit away.  It was suppose to be 16th April (so about a month) but they phoned on Monday to say they had a cancellation if I wanted to bring it forward.  Also, I did ask for appointment when I phoned in to confirm BFN on OTD and was given it there and then so don't know if you have to wait longer for it to go through the normal channels.

Wishingalways - sorry I'm not having accupuncture so I don't know what to suggest.

Fairypants & Revols - good luck for your upcoming tx's  ^reiki^

#768 ·
Hi everyone  :)

Wishingalways-great news about your follies, you must be so pleased, another step closer!

Brellini-good to hear they are trying something different, fingers crossed next time is your time!

Jen-glad you are doing okay and that there is no lasting damage! Enjoy the practising with hubby ;)

Fairypants & Revols - hopefuly ill be joining yous on the journey round about the same time! Good luck to you both :)

Hope everyone else is doing fine!

AFM-still waiting on my results....can't wait to get started now!!

Gem xx

#769 ·
Hi Folks,

Sorry I haven't been on in a few weeks, and seems like a lot has been going on, so havent caught up to do personals.

Good luck to those currently going through tx, and  ^hugme^ to those who have been unsuccessful. I hope you are all doing well, staying strong and positive.

AFM - I finally had my appoinment for screening and AMH yesterday after just over 2 years on the waiting list. Nurse advised us that can take between 4-6 weeks for these to come back as they send them away in batches.

She said as soon as they are back and signed off by consultant, we will receive our pack of drugs in the post!!  :eek:

So hoping to get started on my May period.

Steph XxX

#770 ·
Hey Brellini - NW confused us when they sent a letter detailing the last cycle of how many eggs, date of transfer etc but the reason for treatment was down as "? Male factor".  This is news to us as we were always under the "unexplained umbrella" so got a few Q's to ask as poor DH is worried now  :-\

I also want to Q my eggs as we had 11 collected, 7 fertilised but only 1 blast in the end, all 6 failed at day 5??  I didn't question at the time as I was so excited in getting a top quality which did work but feel I need the answers too.

Like you we are now self funding as we were only granted 2 NHS attempts & the waiting list is now at 3 yrs, good god, I'll be collecting my pension by the time that comes round, lol.  Parents are helping out so we giving this everything we have.

Wishing - I did acu but was able to get her at the right time.  I wouldn't worry about it though as loads of people don't have it & still get BFP  :)

Gem & Stamper - it won't be long Luvies, hang in there  ^hugme^

Fairypants & Revols - waiting to start is the hardest thing ever.  In fact even when you start there is even more waiting.  I wish there was some kind of recognition reward for patience given what us girls go through, lol x

Hope everyone has a great Easter break x

#771 ·
Hi steph!
I'm also waiting on my results before getting started! Is that what happens then, do they just send out your drugs once the results are back? She didn't really explain that bit to us!
Hopefuly we will be starting about the same time then  :)
Gem xx

#772 ·
Revols - good luck with your treatment, not long to go!!

Brellini - hopefully you'll start your treatment soon too, lots of  ^hugme^

Tjenny - You're soo right - I am THE most impatient person ever, I want everything done yesterday! We should hold our own wee awards ceremony lol  :)

Gem - We recieved an invoice a few days ago, paid it, then received a pack which has a wee diary in it to note down all your appointments, and the consent forms etc which we've to take back to the baseline scan appt (I think - will have to double check!) Haven't yet received any drugs but the info pack said we would, and to make sure I have them in time for next AF, and I've to start taking them 21 days later.

xxx

PS- Lisa, on the ** page :)

#773 ·
Thanks fairypants, that helps
Oh, and I've just replied to your message on **!  ;D
That'll be nearly 4weeks since my bloods so hopefuly won't have to wait too much longer for results

Gem xx

#774 ·
HI Girls

Quick post - Iwrote one on the day but it seems to have disappeared ^idiot^

Back from Dundee now - Baseline went well, lining so thin the nurse had difficulty seeing it.  Very relieved after last time.  Now on Progynova tabs and progress scan on Fri 13th.  Glad I'm not superstitious :)  It will actually be really good as it means we can have a weekend away too.....Long chat with embriologist and currently thinking that assuming they defrost we'll just have one put back. Probably have changed our minds by next week :)

WIshing always - in the bumf I was given it said about the two options and like you I'm quite interested in what was going on and was going to opt for the pt controlled pump.  But when I got to ninewells on the day I wasn't given any option just told the anaesthatist was going to come round and prep me.  In the end I quite enjoyed being sedated as I hadn't slept well for a couple of nights before and this just knocked me out, did't feel a thing.

Hi everyone else hope you are all doing well

Ail  (aileen on **)

#775 ·
Hi all.

Just wanted to say to Jen, so so sorry about your news. Hope you get some more info about what happened.
We also got the male factor surprise although dh's guys rallied and were up to speed at first ivf.

Wishing - I've always been knocked out. Toast aterwards is best toast ever! (due to relief rather than toasting skills).
I did regular acu. First ivf I did acu after et but couldn't face going in early and having it before. Second ivf I didn't do it at all on the day and did get bfp.

Hope everyone doing ok.
Review appt for us at the end of the month. 
M x

#776 ·
Mathilde you are so right... that toast was the best toast ever.  ;D ;D ;D

Well phone call on sat morning out of the 10 eggs, 7 had fertilised and they told me that transfer would be wed at 11am unless I here from them sooner.  So far so good, no phone call this morning so hoping they are still growing.  Trying to prepare myself for how many will be there on Wednesday and still trying to persuade myself to have 1 embie put back and not 2 as my heart says put in two but my head says 1.

Hope everyone else is having a lovely easter monday.... I just want it to be Wednesday, a little bored and cant think of what to do other than ironing.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.