* Author Topic: Oxfordshire general chit chat: Part 14  (Read 53219 times)

0 Members

Offline Aenor

• Gold Member
modify
Re: Oxfordshire general chit chat: Part 14
« Reply #180 on: 13/10/11, 21:59 »
Confused, yes it's compulsory (or it was when I was at OFU). It's basically a talk by one of the senior consultants plus an embryologist and I think a nurse about how treatment works. They also give you lots of written information about treatment. And it's a chance for you to ask lots of questions. We found it very helpful, but if you know a lot about IVF etc already or have been through treatment elsewhere then it might not be so useful.

Offline C0nfused

• Chat Host
  • Little Miss Scatterbrain!
modify
« Reply #181 on: 14/10/11, 00:46 »
Oh. I hoped you weren't going to say that!! I hope there is a way of opting out..

Offline wright1

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #182 on: 14/10/11, 20:55 »
Aenor- can't believe your boys are one already! belated happy birthday to them x

Offline Aenor

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #183 on: 14/10/11, 21:17 »
Thanks Wright. And your little girl is well into her second year! Hope she's thriving. They'll be leaving home before we know it...

Confused, honestly it's not that bad.  :)  And it's a good opportunity to ask questions and hear about exactly how OFU works.

Offline peacelily

• Gold Member
  • No pictures please!
modify
« Reply #184 on: 14/10/11, 21:23 »
Aenor - belated happy birthday to your boys.  Doesn't seem long since we met at Pizza Express when you were just starting your cycle  :o

Peacelily xx

Offline C0nfused

• Chat Host
modify
« Reply #185 on: 14/10/11, 21:47 »
Thanks Wright. And your little girl is well into her second year! Hope she's thriving. They'll be leaving home before we know it...

Confused, honestly it's not that bad.  :)  And it's a good opportunity to ask questions and hear about exactly how OFU works.

Hmmmm I'm not convinced, especially as I have NO questions.. maybe I'm a bit odd!

Offline C0nfused

• Chat Host
modify
« Reply #186 on: 17/10/11, 18:51 »
Confused, yes it's compulsory (or it was when I was at OFU). It's basically a talk by one of the senior consultants plus an embryologist and I think a nurse about how treatment works. They also give you lots of written information about treatment. And it's a chance for you to ask lots of questions. We found it very helpful, but if you know a lot about IVF etc already or have been through treatment elsewhere then it might not be so useful.

Hi

I spoke to Cathy today and I do have to go to an open evening, I've also booked our consent form appointments for IVF and egg share and dh's SA test.. managed to get all three on same day! So I have exactly a month to work on some questions.. One could be why wasn't I told back in August that I had to get my BMI under 30 as now I have to go on a mega quick diet! Which was the other thing I was  told today..

Kinda excited that its all happening again, but also finding it all quite daunting as also discovered today that dh has fractured his knee!

Jen x

Offline Aenor

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #187 on: 17/10/11, 20:14 »
Peacelily, thanks. Yes it seems so recent... and yet not... Hope your lovely son is thriving.  :)

Offline Abcdefgone

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #188 on: 24/10/11, 11:41 »
Just popping in for the first time in yonks - nothing new for me to report sadly.

Congrats Aspiring!  great news that it was a natural one for you!

Not read back very far, but congrats on any other +'s or births!

Offline tink_r

modify
« Reply #189 on: 24/10/11, 20:53 »
Hi all,

Hope everything is going well!

Was hoping you could give me a bit of advice. DH and I are due to relocate to Oxfordshire in the new year, and trying to decide where to live - probably either Abingdon or somewhere in Oxford. Having had IVF I am due mid April - so was wondering those of you who do have experience of these things, would you recommend one over he other as being more child friendly (and welcoming to new people!) And if in Oxford are there any areas you'd recommend?

Many thanks,

Tink

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal