* Author Topic: Oxfordshire general chit chat: Part 14  (Read 51515 times)

0 Members

Offline malbec

• Gold Member
  • Eternally grateful
modify
Re: Oxfordshire general chit chat: Part 14
« Reply #190 on: 24/10/11, 21:24 »
Tink - have you visited Witney? It's a lovely town! Can be inconvenient if commuting outside of Oxfordshire but I love the fact we have lots of nice pubs, restaurants and shops here - no need to go into Oxford! For child-friendliness in Oxford itself I would imagine it would depend on the area, some areas are more studenty, some more middle-aged, some suitable for young families and so on.

xxx

Offline tink_r

modify
« Reply #191 on: 25/10/11, 08:04 »
Thanks Malbec,

Have had a look and Witney does look lovely! DH is starting work in Abingdon, which is why we were thinking Abingdon (or maybe Oxford) to avoid too long a commute - think you're absolutely right about the areas in Oxford - so some advice as to which are more child friendly would be great x

PS. Also, I don't drive, so good transport links are important.

Offline aspiring

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #192 on: 25/10/11, 12:39 »
Tink, my parents live in Abingdon (we're in Kidlington) and it is very child-friendly, big pedestrianised shopping area in the middle of town and excellent bus links with Oxford. There's a massive soft-play place (Snakes and Ladders) and a lovely leisure centre with a good swimming pool. Abingdon is not a 'buzzy' place - if you want excitement, you'd be better off in Oxford (more of a cultural mix too) as Abingdon is possibly too quiet for some people. However, I think it's a nice place to live, and if your husband has a job there it's ideal. Witney is LOVELY but the road between Witney and Abingdon is a PAIN so I wouldn't bother, especially if you don't drive. Plus there are NO buses from Witney to Abingdon, so you'd be stuffed without a car. If you're strapped for cash, Didcot is close to Abingdon and is much cheaper. Of course, that's because some people regard it as a bit of a dive ;)  but like anywhere, it's got its nice areas and not-so-nice areas! Abingdon also has several very good schools, parks etc.

You're due a couple of weeks after me, so maybe we could meet up with our newborns if you're going to be in Abingdon! I visit it quite frequently :)

Offline Tfor3

• Gold Member
  • Keziah & Charlotte - the best!
modify
« Reply #193 on: 27/10/11, 11:33 »
Malbec - hello! We met on tuesday at the twins club. I've not been on here for ages or i would have introduced myself / offered help etc... earlier. I only come to twins club in school hols as girls at pre-school rest of time so please feel free to DM me if you want to meet up any time or want a hand!

Tess
 ^daisy^

Offline malbec

• Gold Member
  • Eternally grateful
modify
« Reply #194 on: 30/10/11, 20:25 »
Hi Tess! I can't picture which twin mummy you were but I recognise your little ones in the picture - think they liked the sleeping bunnies song!! I will PM you my contact details, everyone at twins club has been v friendly, obviously it is really just for my benefit going along as the girls are so young but it is nice to have something to get out the house for  ;)  I start my postnatal group this Thursday so that will be nice too.

Mel x

Offline aspiring

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #195 on: 15/11/11, 14:58 »
Gosh, it's quiet on here at the moment! Thought I should just update - 20 week scan last week went well (even though Buddha - so-called because she likes sitting in a cross-legged position! - was being awkward as regards positions again. The sonographer got everything he needed in the end though) and it's 95% sure it's a pink one :)  We're OK with that - got looooooads of names to choose from! - and of course we've got all the clothes and stuff already! I am finally feeling less sick (thank goodness) and haven't actually thrown up for nearly two weeks - a record! Knackered most of the time but I think that's par for the course, especially with Jemima around ;D

How's everyone else? Jen, is your open evening this week? Heluerto, lovely to hear from you ^hugme^

Jo

Offline malbec

• Gold Member
  • Eternally grateful
modify
« Reply #196 on: 15/11/11, 17:22 »
Great news Jo!  ^pinkted^  xxx

Offline C0nfused

• Chat Host
  • Little Miss Scatterbrain!
modify
« Reply #197 on: 15/11/11, 18:16 »
Jo - fab news on scan :)

Yes its my open evening tomorrow! Can't you tell I'm still full of enthusiasm! Lol! I guess it will be a good oportunity to get any more info thath tey have negelected to tell me!

Jen x

Offline Kamac80

• VIP Member Sponsor
  • Me and Daniel
modify
« Reply #198 on: 15/11/11, 21:04 »
Jo - glad the scan went well  :)

Not much going on for me really - same old!

Kate xx

Offline C0nfused

• Chat Host
  • Little Miss Scatterbrain!
modify
« Reply #199 on: 16/11/11, 23:34 »
Hello!

I went to my open evening today. I think the evening would have been better if they worked on the system that you are referred to clinic, you are invited to attend an open evening, then have your consultation.. rather than the other way round. I would have found the evening really informative and useful had this been the case. And I still think there is information that should have been included but wasn't.

Jen x

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal