* Author Topic: Oxfordshire general chit chat: Part 14  (Read 53117 times)

0 Members

Offline JandS

• Gold Member
modify
Re: Oxfordshire general chit chat: Part 14
« Reply #340 on: 9/02/12, 20:55 »
Hi everyone,

Have been meaning to post for ages but not quite got round to it!

Wright1 - 15 eggs is fantastic but I can understand why you are disappointed with the fertilisation rate. Still, if you get one or two good ones it's you've got as good a chance as you ever would have. I really hope it works out for you. I take it you would prefer not to have twins?
Pinot - I know it's easier said than done but try not to worry to much about the bleeding. I had some bleeding in both my first two pregnancies (the first around implantation and the second on test day) but it didn't mean anything at all. The only problem was in my third pregnancy when a heavy bleed did indicate a problem. Keep feeling positive.
Aspiring - Hope you're feeling better soon. I can't believe you're so close now. And I think the person who invented CBeebies should be knighted!
Malbec - Ill babies are never easy and having two at the same time certainly does not help but I promise it does get easier when they start to sleep longer at night.
Aenor - my situation is very similar to yours with DP not wanting another as he finds it hard enough to cope with the girls. I always wanted to experience pregnancy twice. There was also the chance that I'd have a bigger baby if there was one that was more able to breastfeed and more likely to have a natural birth which is something I would like to experience.
I'm generally feeling much better about things now and the feeling that I need to have another baby to make me happy again has reduced. I think I'd quite like another but DP certainly doesn't. However, neither of us are preventing it from happening so I just try and get the timing right (without trying too hard!) and hope for the best! My cycles have been bang on 28 days since having the twins so it makes things a bit easier to predict. Still, there is the same sense of failure every month but without the feeling of desperation that there was before I had the girls. It does make me feel very lucky to have what I have and we always have our frosties should the desire to have another baby become so strong again.

Jo M

Offline aspiring

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #341 on: 9/02/12, 21:42 »
I meant to say Pinot - very relieved to hear your blood results. How is the bleeding, has it stopped? Thinking of you  ^hugme^

I still feel rough as a badger's backside :(  also v frustrated that I can't take decongestant because of pregnancy - waking up practically every hour of the night to cough and blow my nose, yuck! I should buy shares in Kleenex Balsam ;D  Still, grandparents have offered to have Jemima for a couple of nights this weekend which is very kind especially considering she's still not well either! Yet again I thank my lucky stars that I have fab parents who live locally :)

Offline wright1

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #342 on: 10/02/12, 13:41 »
Aspiring- hope you feel better soon  ^hugme^

Jo- Glad you are feeling in a better place. Mabye your dh will change his mind in the future and then you still have your snowbabies. If we ended up with twins, it would be ok, but having had one the first time, know how hard that was without having 2 and a toddler! DD is our first miracle and I don't want to miss out on her growing up, I hope that makes sense.
x

Offline Aenor

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #343 on: 10/02/12, 16:08 »
JoM, thank you so much for what you wrote. And I'm glad you're feeling somewhat better about things. I can completely relate to what you said about wanting a second (normal?!) pregnancy, the chance to breastfeed etc. I'm glad that there's the chance that things will maybe happen naturally for you. (Fingers very very very crossed.) I do feel quite stuck at the moment. I'll be 40 in December and that feels like a huge milestone in terms of declining chances of success. There's no chance of us falling pregnant naturally so it's IVF or nothing. I'd love to wait a few years, but realistically I can't. I can't stop thinking about our little frostie... and I know that even if that didn't work I'd want to try another cycle. But I do realize how lucky I am to have my twins and I'll never lose sight of that.

Aspiring, oh it's miserable when you can't take any medicines! I hope that you're getting over the worst of it. There are some seriously vicious little viruses doing the rounds at the moment. (I know this because our babies have brought most of them home from nursery.  ::)  )

Wright, really hoping to read some very good news from you... I hope you have blasts, and I hope so much you get a BFP in a couple of weeks' time.

Mel, hope your two are getting over their colds. Just remember it's strengthening their little immune systems. Yeah I know that's not much comfort at 3am when you're trying to comfort grizzling snotty babies.

Pinot, yay to the bloods results! I hope you're not bleeding any more.

ax

Offline pedawan

modify
« Reply #344 on: 11/02/12, 09:42 »
Hello everyone, since introducing myself a couple of weeks ago i havent written anything since. Been reading your posts most days, feeling like a nosy neighbour ;) thought it was about time I contributed.  Wright i believe we are at similar stages and have have had similar journeys this cycle? I had EC last Tue, they go 15 eggs, im doing egg sharing so 8 of those had icsi for us. After an agonising wait in the morn (they didnt call until 12:50!) we heard 4 fertilised. Was quite disappointed, only 5 had been ok for isci. Thankfully a call friday morn said they were all doing well so have ET tomo and sending prayers we get a blast and maybe even a frostie or 2.  Wondering if they would offer 2 blast transfer is they r viable? And what we would decide?

Wright, how r u getting on?

Pinot: Huge congrats on your BFP....inspiring for others and AMAZING for you and dh.

Nice to read of success stories from others at Oxford, Hope the coughs and colds get better soon. Have heard a theory about IVF chances of success linked to immunity....anyone know what im talking about?

Have nice weekends,

cx

Offline Faithope&J

• Gold Member
  • miracles happen more than once x
modify
« Reply #345 on: 11/02/12, 12:47 »
pedawan Hi stranger  ;)

I have done abit of googling and it appears that the better your immune system is, the less likely you are to stay pregnant (well the test was done on sheep?)  ^idiot^ I am as sick as a dog right now and am due to have my embies put back in 9 ish days, hopefully my poorly body won't notice the new lodgers and reject them. I like the sound of a rubbish immune system now  ;D I think that was the jist anyway  ;D

Good luck with your TX hun and keep us updated  :)

Offline wright1

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #346 on: 11/02/12, 13:36 »
Well I am resting on the sofa PUPO. One blast on board and one in freezer, other 2 embies still going, will be checked tomorrow but probably not good enough to freeze. So far so good!

Pedawan- I think the decision on if they will put 2 blasts back depends on your age, blast quality, number of previous cycles. They were going to suggest to us we should only have one as I'm only 30, we were happy with that as not keen on twins after dd. How would you feel about having twins?
x

Offline wright1

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #347 on: 22/02/12, 22:29 »
It wasn't meant to be for us this time :( starting bleeding sun and its a bfn for us. Coping suprisingly well and at least we have one blast frostie to use next. Hope everyone else is doing ok? X

Offline Aenor

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #348 on: 23/02/12, 09:36 »
Oh Wright, I'm so sorry.  :'( ^hugme^ :'( ^hugme^  This process is so unfair.

Offline aspiring

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #349 on: 23/02/12, 09:53 »
so sorry wright  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal