* Author Topic: Oxfordshire general chit chat: Part 14  (Read 53177 times)

0 Members

Offline wright1

• Gold Member
modify
Re: Oxfordshire general chit chat: Part 14
« Reply #350 on: 23/02/12, 15:17 »
Thanks ladies, haven't even cried yet which is weird, not even when I watched OBEM last night  ^idiot^  Not sure when I will fall with a big bump?! Enjoying my time with dd and really grateful for her to keep me strong. Plan to use our frostie asap, prob may time.

Aspiring- not long for you now. how are you doing?
x

Offline mango2512

• Gold Member
  • Me & My Soul mate xx
modify
« Reply #351 on: 24/02/12, 12:39 »
Wright, Very sorry to hear of your BFN, Glad to hear you are thinking of your frosties already, Your a fighter, Take care xxx

Offline aspiring

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #352 on: 25/02/12, 09:13 »
wright - I'm doing OK, thank you ^hugme^  starting to feel really tired now though and so fed up of having endless succession of kitchen fitters, electricians, plumbers etc through the house - they're no trouble really but it makes it hard for me to rest when I'm here. Fortunately my publishers have been very understanding (I lost two weeks' work on my new book to flu) so I've got more time to finish it after the baby is born (hoping that is actually possible!!). Feeling quite hormonal and grumpy too - hubby getting it in the neck more than usual ;D  However, I saw a consultant at the JR on Weds who has cleared me to give birth at the Spires (the midwife unit on Level 7) rather than the delivery ward on the ground floor, so I'm really pleased about that. Hoping SO much to get a water birth this time :)

Offline Pinot

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #353 on: 27/02/12, 12:47 »
Hi Ladies,

Thought I'd "nip in" and say hello. Hope everyone is doing well?

I can't remember if I updated on here but our BFP wasn't to be and m/c last week  :'(  My Grandma then died 3 days later which was just awful. So we've had a pretty rubbish time of it. However, I WILL bounce back. Not so sure about my liver though  ;) We're going to go to our review meeting mid-March and then consider options. I also have a GP appointment booked next week as I'd like all my basic hormones done again. FSH was pretty horrendous last year. I'd vowed NO more IVF last week however, we've decided whilst we can afford it and I've still got some fight left in me, we'll have another round.

Wright - can I just ask, if you did have to do another fresh round, would you go Menopur or GonalF?

Anyhow, just wanted to say hello.

Love Pinot xx

Offline aspiring

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #354 on: 28/02/12, 12:38 »
oh Pinot, so sorry, what a combination of blows ^hugme^  good to hear you've still got some fight in you though, sending very best wishes (and more virtual wine, LOL) ^reiki^

Offline pedawan

modify
« Reply #355 on: 28/02/12, 17:45 »
Pinot - good to hear from you, so sorry for your news. What a horrid time your having. You gave me so much hope with your earlier posts, thank u for that.  Talking of the future you sound so strong and courageous, your amazing.  I  ^pray^ that your next round proves to be your time.

Wright - thinking of you.

Aspiring - not long for you know. Fingers crossed all goes well for your spires waterbirth. Dont forget DS has a pool as well if needed as a back up :) Although I agree the Spires is lovely. Did you consider an independent midwifery led unit like wallingford? Its so cute but obviously helps to live near it!

Just reading back at posts it seems i have been very rude and not updated you of our amazing news of a  ^BFP^ Since stopping pessaries I was worried as symptoms relieved but tested agaon last nite and thankfully still a BFP.

Sorry to talk of such things when others ahve been so unfortunate.  Its such a cruel process. I no way feel we are there yet but through to the next round. I know we r lucky to have got this far.

CAroline
x

Offline wright1

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #356 on: 28/02/12, 20:47 »
Pinot- I have PM'd you about the drugs choice as thought it would be too long for a post on here  ^hugme^
x

Offline aspiring

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #357 on: 29/02/12, 11:36 »
pedawan - CONGRATULATIONS!! How fantastic! Never feel bad about sharing good news on here - speaking personally I always found that it really helped to hear other people's positive news because it gave me hope that it would happen for us too! Yes, I would have loved to deliver at Wallingford or Chippy (now sadly closed!!) but Wallingford too far away and actually given the complications I had last time I didn't want to be too far away from a consultant-led unit. I am at risk of bleeding and tearing again (hopefully not so badly this time) so don't want to risk being blue-lighted from A to B after the birth. At least in the Spires it would simply be a trip down in the lift ;D  and yes, I am keeping the pool room on delivery suite as a backup in case there's already someone in the Spires pool! But the Spires is so lovely and PEACEFUL and there's hardly anyone there (they usually only have 2 women in at once) which would suit me much better than the hustle and bustle of DS. We'll see!

Offline Kamac80

• VIP Member Sponsor
  • Me and Daniel
modify
« Reply #358 on: 29/02/12, 20:11 »
Hello ladies hope u are all well?

Pinot - so sorry to read of your m/c  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Wright - sorry to hear that you got a BFN as was hoping it was going to be a BFP for you.

pedawan - welcome and congrats on the BFP.

aspiring - wow not long now to baby is due  :)

malbec - wow your girls are growing fast. The fostering is going well thanks.

AFM - DJ is doing well and loving pre school. I am now looking into possibly fostering on a full time basis so i can give up my job and be there for DJ a lot more as we are looking to move towards the end of this year with my partner and moving will mean childcare issues as i currently have my mum and step dad around the corner who do all my childcare. My mum had a major back op over a week ago and is doing ok now although her views of the NHS have gone right down or maybe just the views of the actual hospital! And have also just found out my dads partner is pregnant (although once again none of know this yet!) oh the joys of family!

Take care

Kate x

Offline aspiring

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #359 on: 1/03/12, 09:01 »
Good to hear from you, Kate, so glad the fostering is going well :)

Well, we nearly queue-jumped last night ;D  thought my waters had gone so we went to the JR for a check but it seems that I simply wet myself ;D  ah, dignity!! Very relieved as we have NOTHING ready! Gave us a bit of a wake-up call though!

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal