* Author Topic: IVF Wales Clinic Cyclers part 15  (Read 34846 times)

0 Members

Offline jo1985

• Gold Member
  • live life to the full x
modify
Re: IVF Wales Clinic Cyclers part 15
« Reply #220 on: 26/07/11, 18:39 »
Hi to everyone Liz 5 is great number
Sammy it be ere b4 u know it
As for me my good close friend had her twins this am boy n girl both 6lbs happy but brings it home 2 can't wait to get going now been nearly yr since first go long time in obdurate worlds lol

Offline Mrs Thomas

• Gold Member
  • aka Mrs T Bone. Please leave my bubbles odd!
modify
« Reply #221 on: 26/07/11, 19:59 »
Just a quickie - Liz 5 is still great although I understand you are disappointed. Keep us posted on ET. Big hugs x

Online Flash123

• Gold Member
  • Hope, Dream and Believe
modify
« Reply #222 on: 27/07/11, 06:00 »
Thank u all for your kind thoughts and encouragement. I am feeling a Bit more positive this morning (even if i am up before 6 o clock in my school holidays!!!!)

I know 5 is a good number and I really don't want to sound ungrateful but it's just to go from 16 to 5 in 1 big swoop is a bit scary.  also so many arrested last time from day 1 to 5 that it will be a lifetime waiting till 4 o clock this afternoon, when I can phone for an update.

Kara, as u said,  originally the clinic thought my 'shutting' down mechanism wasn't working but the icsi ruled that out. Now they think that either  some kind of reaction is happening in my egg when the sperm enters causing my egg to produce multiple nuclei or it is genetically there and they can't see it. As u also said sometimes when s***  happens that's when things things go right and shock the hell out of u.

Et is tomorrow morning so have a day of cleaning planned today as from tomorrow onwards I won't be lifting a finger!!!!

Take care all and thank u all again or your support it really does help ( as u all know)

Offline PixTrix

• Gold Member
  • ♥♥♥ ☺ My Furbabies ☺ ♥♥♥
modify
« Reply #223 on: 27/07/11, 10:23 »
Big hugs Liz, I know that disappointed feeling. I had 22 eggs collected and knew they were going to freeze all embies due to ohss and from 22 I ended up with 5 and did feel gutted but it was meant to be and went from being so rubbish to fab! Hang in there, good luck for transfer.

Offline kara76

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
« Reply #224 on: 27/07/11, 10:33 »
Liz if u want to try and find answers google sirm las vegas and it should bring up a forum you can join and ask consultants direct questions. I found them very good and asked all the different cons the same questions

I'm really praying that this cycle is a lucky one for you

Offline Kitty71

• Gold Member
  • H.O.P.E - Hold on pain ends
modify
« Reply #225 on: 27/07/11, 11:53 »
Hi ladies,

Liz glad to hear you sounding more positve, I hope there is good news for you this afternoon.

Well I had my scan this morning and it didn't go to plan. I was scanned by a new girl with appaling communication skills who replied "No" when I asked her if she could see anything. She said I had a small gestational sac but that was it.

She went off to find out what to do with me and luckily Marie was there who sat me down and explained things a bit more. The girl is apparently a very good sonographer but she didn't know my story so was unsure really what she was looking for, and Marie did agree that she isn't the best communicator.

Marie showed me the scan and said there is a gestational sac and a yolk so she just thinks the scan was too early. She said it is so hard to date conception because it was natural and I could be way off what I think I am. I do have usually have 31 day cycles so if you factor in that and maybe a couple of days for luck then everything could still be ok.

I don't know what to think I just have to trust Marie. She was very honest with me last time so I have to have a bit of faith that things will be ok.

I'm so done in by all of this, it's so exhausting as all you lovely ladies know.

So all I can do is wait now until next Wednesday. Doesn't help either that the Digi test dropped from 3+ to 2-3 this morning which is totally freaking me out too.

k x

Online Flash123

• Gold Member
  • Hope, Dream and Believe
modify
« Reply #226 on: 27/07/11, 12:07 »
Oh kitty - sending u big hugs . I can't imagine how u must b feeling. Some people can be so insensitive.
But Marie is very experienced and I agree with u she is also very honest and I really think u need to trust her judgement. I know this isn't going to be easy Hun and Wednesday will feel like a lifetime away. I have heard so many bad stories about those dam digital test . They really can mess with your head so much and i  have heard many people say they have inaccurate results with them that just cause unnecessary worry. Saying one time scale one test and another on a different day.  Hoping and praying. Take care

Offline kellys12

modify
« Reply #227 on: 27/07/11, 13:05 »
Hi All
I still havent heard anything but I was wondering if anybody could tell me
what to expect at a treatment planning appointment.
I was originally deferred until next january as I had to lose weight I have
lost over 4 stone but I have another 1 and a half to go but she said dont worry
about it. I thought they were really strict about bmi?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
Kelly

Offline kara76

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
« Reply #228 on: 27/07/11, 15:26 »
Kitty shame the first lady was so crap . Marie is 100%honest and wud tell you straight. Those conception indicator tests are just awful! Mine dropped down too when I was pg with tyler. Gestional sac and yolk is a good sign for an early pregnancy, with a blighted ovum I don't think you even get a yolk so try and put fears of that aside. The waiting is hard going.
How long ago was ur postive test?

Offline Kitty71

• Gold Member
  • H.O.P.E - Hold on pain ends
modify
« Reply #229 on: 27/07/11, 15:46 »
Hi Kara,

Last positive test was this morning. The digi dithered for an eternity before it settled on 2-3 so maybe it was just bordeline. I did get up last night for lots of wees. Just been looking at the scan and the yolk is perfectly clear so at least it isn't another blighted ovum.

I've been having a look at my dates and I was basing them on a 28 day cycle which I don't have. I'm usually 31+ so it is very possible I'm at the most only 6+1 and could be quite a few days lower than that if I ovulated late.

I think the presence of a yolk is promising - just have to wait and see.

I agree that Marie would be honest. She had to persuade me to take the scan pic because I din't want yet another pic without a baby on so maybe she thought I'd want it if everything turned out ok, that's what I'm telling myself anyway.

^hugme^  k

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal