* Author Topic: Jinemed hospital - part 13  (Read 61159 times)

0 Members

Offline sendylee

modify
Re: Jinemed hospital - part 13
« Reply #260 on: 28/09/11, 08:32 »
Hi everyone, thank you for your kind words about our work.  We feel very privileged to be here, and I love the work.  We are doing a big book distribution at elementary schools this week that I'm very excited about -- beautiful brightly colored storybooks for kids who have probably never owned a book like that in their life. 

I'd love to hear people's take on the article that zedbee posted on needing an agonist concurrent with bcp before IVF...that scares me a bit, as that's not in my plan.

ZB, hope your packing up and travels go well, that everything comes together well and aren't too stressful! 

TC, hang in there!  Just a few more days til your test, right?  Sore boobs are good.  Many women don't have many other symptoms this early.  hoping that your two embies are doing great!  ^pray^

Steks, hope AF shows up on time!

As for being a lunatic / gloom and doom, you gals are not alone! I totally had a case of that last night.  My bcp is giving me massive insomnia, and I haven't slept for two weeks, and I have a whole month of this still coming!   I go crazy without sleep.  ^tantrum^  I also have headaches, numbness on one side of my body, etc. etc.  So last night I had a breakdown, crying to dh, if this is what bcps do to me, what will the other, stronger drugs do to me?   If we end up having a baby out of this it will be all worth it but if it comes out negative, how am I going to feel?  And it's hard for me not to resent that all he has to do is have some fun in a little room and give a little sample. 

I know I am just new in this journey and so many of you have been through so much more.  That's why I am so so happy for you BFPs out there and hoping for the best for everyone here because of what you all have been through.  How did you all get through it and stay motivated to keep trying despite all the physical and emotional pain, and the disappointments?

anyway, I'm very thankful for this forum.  You gals are the best!   ^Cuddle^

Love,
S.

Offline quelle

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #261 on: 28/09/11, 11:30 »
Hiya lovely ladies,

Been working since 10am from the sofa but will have a 15 min walk in the afternoon to meet with a client. Will call doc to see if I get the all clear to move out and about by tomorrow... Just called and I am allowed to drive again plus I can move - albeit slowly she said- and should be taking it easy... Yay! Hope spotting do not come back, she said the progesterone sometimes does this kind of thing in some women. Lets hope it is the progesterone!  ^reiki^ She is not worried since it has always been brown and so I take my lead form her, and heed the advice of you lovely ladies and I am not worried atm.

TC -  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^hugme^  ^hugme^  ^hugme^  ^hugme^ One more day closer to Saturday!

Izzi - what news of your scans hun? And the pesky headaches? Hope all is progressing as it should be :)

SL - Oh hunny, I was so angry and frustrated when we find out we are gonna need IVF. I am a needlephobe and the prospect of injections triggered the most unreasonable responses along with the disappointment. I blamed my DH for all this, as we are diagnosed as MF straight away. I had no problems detected before all this started. Come to think of it is my age that really put me bit of a disadvantage but no cysts, hormonal abnormalities or auto immune issues. So you see, it was easy for me to blame him. The same reason you just shared was the root of my resentment. "I" had to go thru all the hard part, agony, manipulation and operation where as "he" has the problem and "he" just had to do the deed while watching a "movie" in a "cup". I am/have put my health and life at risk - yeah that is what went thru my head - and he just does "nothing"!!! I rebelled to this, not to him, to my close friends... They all asked if I "really" wanted to have "kids" with him. They did not quite understand you see :) My rational mind knew it is nobodys fault and it is the nature of things for the women to go thru the hard part of IVF but I felt "cheated" nevertheless.
Now that I have the BFP I am calmer, more myself and not blaming anybody... I come to the conclusion before this result but in times of conflict those feeling surface for a while... Even now when I feel DH is being unfair or he complains too much I think- I do not say it our laud since there is no need to approach a burning fire with more fuel - yeah as if you have something to complain about! It is me who has daily injections, it is me who skips a heartbeat everytime I go to the loo, it is me who feels a big heavy responsibility on my shoulders to keep it all going as it should be... Ohh I rambled on too much, the moral of the story is it is perfectly normal that you feel "not so nice" stuff about your DH from time to time... It is just the way nature designed us  ::)  ;D  ;D  ;D

ZB - I never used BCP in any of my cycles. But my AF is always on time and I live here so they can change my schedule easily. As for you ladies you had planes to catch and homes to get back to as well as jobs. It does sound safer to time all right to use a BCP... I remember some of the ladies here did take BCP though. Maybe they can shed a light on your question.

Steks - I hope your AF is on time :) Exciting that you will be getting ready to cycle  ^hugme^

Buskins, Jasmine, Nava, Cal, Kinsky and anyone I have not mentioned - hi lovelies :)

Love Q

Offline Jasmine79

modify
« Reply #262 on: 28/09/11, 12:27 »
Hello ladies, how are you? Iím doing okay, still at home but have been up and about. Seeing my doctor tomorrow, so something to look forward to. ;D ;D

Topcat I wish you all the best for Saturday, I so pray that you will get a bfp. You are way stronger than me, I remember I poas at 4dp5dt and when I saw the bfn I had a major breakdown to the extent that I was petrified by the time my otd came around. I had absolutely no symptoms at all, not even big boobies. So donít worry my dear. ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Quelle, big congratulations on the twinnies, such a blessing. Hoping that the spotting does not come back, it is not fun.

Zedbee, I was on bcp before my ivf cycle because I had to time it to when I was granted leave from the office and since I have been plagued with irregular periods, it was the only way to ensure I got an af to start the tx. I donít think it compromised my stimms or anything as I ended up with lots of eggs and all except 2 fertilized, and the doctors can adjust your stimms according to how you are responding to treatment.
Also while I was in Istanbul I stayed at the taslik for a few days and then I was able to find an apartment with rominas help (she also got me a discounted price at the apartment), its within walking distance to the clinic (about 15 minutes away) and I quite enjoyed it, and there was a huge supermarket just down the road. Its called 3t residence in besiktas.

To all the ladies going to jinny soon, make sure you have a taste of Turkish baklava, as tc can attest, I became completely addicted to the stuff. I had loads of cheesecake too.

Buskins, cal, kinsky, nava, steks, and tsage, hope you all are okay.

Much love  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Offline tracyl247

• It all happens for a reason...apparently!
  • VIP Member Sponsor
modify
« Reply #263 on: 28/09/11, 17:59 »
Hi All

in line with some site improvements we have created a thread for members currently having treatment in Turkey, hopefully it will help focus the posts and improve the support that you receive.  You will find the cycle thread here http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=272303.0 it has lots of information so hopefully it will be useful  :) :)

Take care all

Tracy

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

Offline tracyl247

• It all happens for a reason...apparently!
  • VIP Member Sponsor
modify
« Reply #264 on: 28/09/11, 18:27 »
Hi All

hope that you are all well, it is hot hot hot here in Glasgow today... yes i am very surprised  ;D ;D as yesterday it was very wet wet wet  :) :)

Anyway i thought i would highlight the chat function on the website, don't know if you have every used it but i am hearing it is a really good resource but sadly under used  :( :(

You can find more info here http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=453.0 hope you have a look and maybe get involved In some of the chat nights  :) :)

Take care

Tracy

Offline zedbee75

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #265 on: 28/09/11, 20:31 »
Good evening all  :)

Jasmine its great to hear youre up and about abit more, and that you still have your sanity, even if that is just from your outings to the docs  ;D I hope it goes well tomorrow.  Did you move from the Taslik after a few days becasue it was so awful?!
I have to say the image of it is so bad in my head now, it can't possibly live up to it!

SL I didnt mean to worry you with the article, I was just looking for reassurance i guess, that it doesn't jeopardies chances, Jasmine has provided me with that (Thank you!). It sounds like they will be as aggressive as they need to be to get the follicles going.

I think IVF is incredibly hard whether you are on your first or fourth cycle. It really tests you in many ways, certainly for me that I'd not even considered. If we had a crystal ball with a bfp at the end I reckon we will take and tolerate anything smiling, but that's the difficulty - no guarantees, for me the challenge is not being overly hopeful for the crash to be even harder at the other end, but hopeful enough to get through it. I have found that formulating a plan of what to do next is the only way to get through a bfn (not necessarily the healthiest way tho!). I hope you never have to face another cycle!  ^pray^  I have to say though that from what I remember the stimulating drugs aren't so bad, the downregulation was the killer, sent me completely loopy! Though the pill isn't downreg'ing you in the same way, it's certainly shutting down hormones, so hopefully you will find the rest of it a whole lot easier.  ^hugme^

Still hanging in there TC? Very admirable! I've packed some tests even though I'm flying back 2-5 days after ET !!

We are all set for an early start to the airport tom. I can't actually lift my case  ::)  but I'm proud that I managed to close the thing  ;D

See you on the other side. I hope they have wifi that works xxxxx

Offline T0PCAT

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #266 on: 28/09/11, 21:03 »
Jasmine - glad to hear you up and about, bed rest must have been sooooo boring.  when is your next scan????  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Zedbee - you are soo funny, most people go to Istanbul with half empty suitcases and go on shopping sprees whilst they are there  ;D ;D Interesting article you posted the link to....I did the protocol Dr Sher described bcp + bsuerilin prior to stimulation.  Unfortunately it didn't work out for me but that is down to poor egg quality. 

Quelle -  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Izz -  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ your lining has had a growth spurt. 

:-* :-* :-* to everyone

I am still hanging in there - 3 more days to go till blood test  ^pray^ ^pray^

Offline sendylee

modify
« Reply #267 on: 29/09/11, 11:36 »
ZB, happy travels!  Trust you arrived safely and survived the traffic.

I ran across this old file of websites I had found ages ago as I was doing research for apts before I decided on the Asian side.  If you are unhappy at your hotel maybe you can check some of these out. 

http://www.istanbulsweethome.com/istanbul-apartments-rates.shtml

Has a number of good apartments in Galata, Beyoglu, or Cihangir, Beyoglu, by week or month.  cheapest 1050 euros/mo, 415 euros/week.  looks nice. 

http://www.flatsinistanbul.com

lowest price is 39 euros/night for 25 sqm, and up to 55 euros/night for a little more room.  There is one apt in Cihangir that is 70 sqm for 55 euros.

http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rentals/turkey/istanbul/r31341
This one has two for $65-$75 a night.  Reviews were not great though.  Watch out, the $65 is a basement one. 

Last minute rooms:
http://www.laterooms.com
This seems to have the best discounts on hotel rooms without kitchen/washing machine.  Be careful as some do not have wifi.

Deals:
http://www.dealbase.com
This looks like more luxury than anything else. 

http://www.bedandbreakfast.com
Some very affordable.  Looks like they are just rooms in someone's apt though.

This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityFriends.co.uk or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Offline IzziLu

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #268 on: 29/09/11, 21:15 »
Merhaba Turkish Delights!  ;D   Hope everyone is well  :)

Zedbee, hope you have made it safely and the Taslik has exceeded your (somewhat basic) expectations! Are you all unpacked yet and how did DD cope with the travelling? When is your first appointment at the Jinny?..... so many questions I feel like the Spanish Inquisition  ;D  Hope you've got your wifi up and running  :)

TC  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^  I guess you must be testing in about 36 hours  :o  How're you feeling? I'm keeping everything I can possibly cross crossed for you ^fingerscrossed^  ^pray^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^reiki^

Quelle, it was so lovely to see you earlier, albeit fairly briefly  ;)  Hope your meeting this afternoon wasn't too taxing and look forward to seeing you again soon  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^   :-*

Sendy, that's a great accommodation list you've put together there, now we know who to send newbies to if they need advice on finding digs  ;)   ;D

Jasmine lovely, it's good to hear from you and glad that you're finally moving about.... you must be going stir crazy  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^   Hope it went ok at the docs today  :)

Steks, are you glad to be free of the pesky cyclacur? Hope  ^witch^  arrives on time so you can move onto the next stage of preparation  :)

^wave^  Cal, Nava, Buskins, Kinsky, Tsage, Tracy, have I missed anyone?  :-[

Scan yesterday showed my lining progressing a little bit better. So I should  ^swear^  think with the levels of estradiol I'm on at the moment! Thankfully the headaches have subsided so I guess I must've got used to the dose.  Back in for another scan tomorrow morning and if lining is looking ok I think Dr Munip will be starting me on the progesterone tomorrow to ET 4-5 days after that.... Tuesday or Wednesday probably  ^scared^

Love to all  :-*

xXx

Offline zedbee75

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #269 on: 29/09/11, 21:38 »
Hello ladies

A quick one from me, I'm knackered! Glad of the time difference!

We have arrived after a long day travelling. Istanbul looks fabulous from the little I have seen, I'm very excited to be here and to get out exploring tomorrow.

Hotel is abit grim, it's true. But I'm hanging fire as it had everything we need and excellent wifi in room :-)
Staff are great too. And the area around hotel looks perfect, huge park nearby, small supermarket, nice restaurants etc I'll be keeping my socks on inside tho  :o

Thanks for the list SL, really great to have just in case and looks far cheaper than I thought.

What time you at jinny Tom Izi? Best of luck with it and hopefully I'll bump into you there, I'm there at 11.30. DD was so good today, bless her, she's an angel. Tho did turn rather crazy in the restaurant tonight and turned a few heads with her outbursts of dancing to music only she can hear  ;D

Hello and goodnight to everyone else. I'll be trying some cheesecake in honor of everyone of you tomorrow

Xxxx

* Search

Recent Topics

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal