* Author Topic: Jinemed hospital - part 13  (Read 60491 times)

0 Members

Offline Steks

modify
Re: Jinemed hospital - part 13
« Reply #420 on: 3/11/11, 09:02 »
Hi ladies how is everyone? Zb thx for the tips I have bought loads of nuts and pineapple juice. Not long to go now kinsky ;D ;D. I can't really say I am enjoying the the treatment at jinny, they seem to be rushing me thru each time I have an appoint >:( >:( which is getting really annoying as zb said they really busy and may be this is how keep costs down right now I feel I am not getting the personal touch, but I thx God for Romina at least she is there for reassurance. Had my day5 scan 8 follicles growing in each ovary but all btw 8-9mm so doc said I should continue on merional for 2 more days and then i may have the centrotide shot fingers crossed that scan on Friday will show follicles have grown some more. Feeling a bit out of place in Instanbul, as I seem to be the only black person here get quite a few stares in the beginning it was fine kept fooling myself I was someone famous that's why I got all the stares, thank God hubby will arrive soon so I won't feel this way :-[ :-[sendylee read your message I don't know much about changing from Ivf to iui I believe you should go with what your gut tells you. Cal how are you I see you are going to Jamaica bring some sunshine and rum back with you, TC glad to hear you saw the wingman, have you had anymore baseline scans, quell how are my twinies doing. Buskins & Izzilu how are you darlings, what are your next game plans. Welcome SUzie hopefully you will get a bfp from ur nhs cycle & won't need treatment in Istanbul and to roxie wishing you all the best in ur pregnancy and hopefully you will not need A stictch
Take ladies
Steks

Offline zedbee75

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #421 on: 3/11/11, 09:38 »
Didn't realise you were on your own Steks, it's tough isn't it, I was so relieved when DH arrived too. Sorry to hear about the stares, I think Cal experienced that too?? No idea what that's about but surprised me too.
Your follies sound great tho, all so close in size and 19 of them. Sounds like a dream cycle to me, so much so that I'm sure it'll all be worth it for you! Congrats on such a great response xx

Offline sendylee

modify
« Reply #422 on: 3/11/11, 15:36 »
Hey Steks, I am sorry to hear about the rushed service at Jinny -- I thought it was just me on the Asian side feeling that way -- and about feeling out of place.  ^hugme^  DH and I kind of stick out too being Asian, but on the Asian side, people are very low key and don't really stare, assume we speak Turkish, etc., so I like it.  The minute we set foot on the European side after the ferry, there were people in our face yelling, "Konnichiwa!"  We're not Japanese.   ;D  But of course, Steks, you're a movie star, that's why they're staring!   ;D 

I hope your DH arrives soon and you feel more at home.  I'm so so happy to hear that your follies are doing so well, hopefully they will mature well and you will have a nice batch. 

AFM, we are graduating now with 3 eggs.  My left ovary woke up and produced one!  That was a nice surprise.  They were really annoyed when I wanted to have a more extended consultation and talk about the possibility of switching to IUI, but I'm glad I pushed and got some peace of mind about the decision.  I persisted in getting an estradiol test and the number looked good -- if it looked like egg quality was poor, we were going to go definitely with IUI.  But at least now I feel peace that we have a fighting chance with IVF.   please pray that my poor little eggies make it all the way to transfer!

I am a little disappointed to find that my retrieval and transfer will be in Besiktas on the European side.  That means that we will either have a very expensive taxi ride back to the Asian side or I'll have to do bumpy public transportation with a couple transfers.  I wish they had communicated this earlier.  I'm not sure if this is normal or if it's just because of the Eid holiday.  Quelle, do you have any of your magical suggestions re: transport?  We'll probably just do the taxi. 

Anyway, we'll be at Jinny on the European side on Saturday morning at 8:30 a.m. for egg retrieval -- Steks any chance you'll be there?  Would love to connect at the clinic. 

Ok gals, sorry for TMI, but I notice on the list of directions emailed me from Romina that they expect DH to ejaculate the NIGHT BEFORE egg retrieval?  Is that right?  Isn't he going to be, uh, a little dry for the next morning?

love,
S.

Offline IzziLu

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #423 on: 3/11/11, 16:56 »
Hey girlies  :)

Steks and Sendylee I am sorry you girls are feeling a bit rushed at the Jinny, they must be going through a busy period at the moment as we never felt rushed in our first cycle over there and after that we knew the drill so it didn't matter so much! It was always just so much better than our NHS cycle we were delighted to be there  ::)

Anyway to business.... Sendylee I am glad that you have had another follicle show up and if you get three mature eggies (which your estradiol indicates you should) that is great. We had three mature eggies on our first cycle and only two fertilised but those two kept going and we had both transferred on day 3 as grade 1s. We were kept on tenterhooks but it was a good result for us and I  ^pray^  for the same for you.  As far as DH 'performing'  ;D  I should clarify that with Romina... you'd think I'd know for sure after going through it so many times but I'm pretty sure our instructions were last performance on the night of the trigger shot, the idea being you get rid of any old swimmers that may be hanging around so you get a nice fresh batch on EC day  ;)   Good luck for Saturday hun, will be thinking of you  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Steks my love, I have to say your performance so far sounds text book  :)   At day 5 you would expect follies to be around 8-9mm and cetrotide is usually started on day 6 or 7. Usually growth rate of follies in the latter stage of stimming is around 2mm a day so if you stim until day 10 (which is the norm) then your bumper batch will mostly be around 18-19mm... perfect!  ;)   ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Kinsky, lovely to hear from you  ^hugme^  You've certainly had a difficult journey with this pregnancy but not too much longer now, I hope the remaining time goes as smoothly as possible  :)   ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

ZB, that's great that you can do the letrozole and trigger on this cycle...does that get monitored or do you just time it yourself? Sorry to be an ignoramous but what does the letrozole do and how long do you take it?  ^idiot^   ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Quelle my darlin' how are you and those precious twinnies doing?  :-*   ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Suzie, welcome  ^hugme^  I sincerely hope you won't need to be investigating clinics in Istanbul, but for the record I chose the Jinny for two main reasons the first being that they have a reputation for being good with poor responders and I had been diagnosed as one and the second being that the price they quote for treatment includes everything including meds so there are no nasty surprises financially making it much easier to budget. I have to say that even though I never got my elusive BFP with Jinny I still rate them as a clinic as they got very good results from me.... much better than I ever got in the UK. I am going to Serum next but that is because we now have to seriously consider whether we might need to look at donor options and I feel I can only get unbiased advice on that from a clinic that offers own gametes and donor gamete treatment and since it illegal to have donor treatment in Turkey I feel I am not able to get this advice from Jinny  :(

Cal, Nava, Buskins, Tracey, Tsage, Jasmine and everyone  ^hugme^

xXx

Offline SuzieW

• Gold Member
  • Bubbles for Luck!
modify
« Reply #424 on: 3/11/11, 18:27 »
Hi ladies,

Thanks for all the welcome messages.  I too hope that I will get my BFP from this cycle before I go, but it's nice to be prepared so all your advice is really helpful  ;D

Sendylee - great news that your other ovary woke up!  I must say going back to what someone else said earlier in the week, if you've had sperm motility issues in the past I think IUI is unlikely to be very successful - chances with IUI are only around 20% at the best of times, so now that you've got 3 follies to go with I'd be inclined to stick with the big guns  ^bigbad^. good luck with whatever you decide  ^hugme^

Steks - fab response - well done.  I'm sorry you feel exposed in Istanbul - I must admit I'm concerned for similar reasons with my upcoming trip: I have quite fair skin and blonde hair which always attracts unwanted attention - I've even been considering dying my hair brown to blend in more, so I get how you feel - it's not nice  ^hugme^ hopefully DH will be with you soon and that this treatment journey will be worth it xx

Hello to everyone else - I'm checking in regularly now to see how you're all getting on!

Do you guys ever meet up? I know most of you visit Turkey just for treatment, but I got the impression a couple of you might be there more permanently.  :)

Offline T0PCAT

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #425 on: 3/11/11, 19:58 »
Hi everyone, sorry I have been awol, work has been murder and DH was in hospital last night with suspected appendicitis - he is ok thankfully and was discharged today.

Steks - I hope you are enjoying Istanbul despite the stares.  Have you done much sight seeing? Or gone shopping yet?  ;D.  Sounds like you are going to get a good haul of eggs.  I meant to say there are lots of free internet points in the city esp in restaurants and at the ferry ports. 

Sendylee - good to hear another follicle has popped up. If your E2 levels are good then I would push for ivf.  I am not sure where u are on the Asian side but you can get a ferry to Besiktas and then walk or take a taxi to the clinic

Quelle - hope u are well.   ^hugme^

Jasmine if you are reading I am thinking of you all the time.  ^pray^ ^pray^ 

Kinky - you must be relieved to get to 30 weeks in light of all the issue you have had.  I hope the rest of your pregnancy is trouble free.   ^pray^

Suzie - I went to jinny because it was recommended by a friend of my younger sister....its a good clinic with great staff.  Also the cost of tx is so much cheaper than the UK.  I met Quelle and Jasmine in Istanbul on my last cycle, I missed kinky by a matter of minutes.  Izzi and I know each other from the poor responders thread. Steks and I know each other very well because we work in the same place.

Offline tracyl247

• It all happens for a reason...apparently!
  • VIP Member Sponsor
modify
« Reply #426 on: 3/11/11, 22:27 »

There are SIX quizzes in the CHATROOM tournament
First Three Quiz Dates:
Tuesday 15th November
8.30pm START
Tuesday 29th November
8.30pm START
Tuesday 13th December
8.30pm START
PRIZES TO BE WON:
Overall Winner
Two Runners Up
Highest Score in individual quiz
Spot Prizes

Free to Enter!

You don't have to commit to all six quizzes, but the more you enter the more chance you have of winning a prize!

Offline Steks

modify
« Reply #427 on: 4/11/11, 12:10 »
Hi ladies TC, ZB, SL, Suzie, Izzilu, thanks for all your support, feeling a lot chirpeer today. SL i go to jinny every day for my injections i am normally there for 10am, will be there 2moro. hopefully i will see you there. TC went exporing in the market and bought some lovely LV pashminas (knock off nigels of course ^xmassmile^  might as well start buying the early xmass pressie. had my day 7 scan today follicles are growing largest is 12.7mm, so had my centrotide shot and will have another scan on monday, my merional dose has stayed the same through out as doctor is concerned about ohss, as i have had this before, so i have started to drink loads of fluilds everyday.
SL Wishing all the best with ec 2moro, take care
Steks

Offline sendylee

modify
« Reply #428 on: 4/11/11, 20:29 »
Steks, I hope to see you tomorrow!  I will be the little very excitable Asian one.   ;D
Hope you all are well!
Off to have some water as my last drink before the midnight cut off! 

love,
S.

Offline quelle

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #429 on: 4/11/11, 20:34 »
Hello lovely ladies,

TC - my god what a sacre  :o I am happy to hear that DH is well and no more in the hospital! Read on the PR thread - yeah I stalk, you, Izzi, Cal and shortie  ::) - your app with T.Wing went well! I am really glad that you are pushing forward  ^hugme^

SuzieW - I responded to your PM :) Hope the info helps! Yes am the permenant one  ;D I am Turkish so I get to find out more stuff a bit easier and get to help out my FF buddies  ;D We do try to meet up! And when you move here I will be more than happy to welcome you and get to know you too :) Due to spotting and bed rest I did not get to meet ZB, SL and Steks in person, yet!  ^eyes^ I had met Nava, Tsage, TC, Izzi and Cal though  :)

SL - hun best will be to take a ferry when you go to the clinic and just take a taxi back... It should cost aroun 50 - 60 TL at most maybe even cheaper  ??? I would have loved to cheuffeur you myself under normal conditions, alas I have to do some prep for the Eid as all DHs family is staying in Istanbul for a change... That means I need to arrange boxes of choc, turkish deligts etc for all our visits to family elders. They have a big family so that is lots  :-[ Good luck for tomorrow and so happy to hear that left ovary woke up just in time  ^hugme^  ^hugme^  ^hugme^

Steks - great response hun!!! Sorry that you are the center of attention. Cal had the same problem... I find it difficult to understand too :) It is not necessarly how you look. If you are different/original in any way you got stares  ::) Whenever I wear mini skirts etc I get that too!!! One might think Turkish men are really neandenthals! Wait, they actually areeee!  ^bigbad^

Izzi - glad that you are back and posting more  ^hugme^ I hope you are being kind to yourself! I have read that you had a call with Penny and now you made your mind up on going to Serum  ^pray^ all will be well hun. Miss you loads and DH is constantly asking after you too...

Jasmine - thinking of you hun  ^hugme^

Nava - you must be getting more excited as days go by!!! How are our twinnies are doing?

Kinsky - hope all is well back in the UK! Wish you a less eventful pregnancy from now on... Hope our other pair of twinnies are also doing well  ^hugme^

ZB, Tsage and Cal I hope you two are also doing well  :-*  :-*  :-*

AFM, had results of the NT scan and all looks good.  ::) Trying to stay calm since I get really annoyed in Istanbul's horrible traffic...  :-\ Looking fwd to the 5 days holidays due to Sacrifice Eid. Since I have a bigger belly than before guess we get to tell all DH's family during the Eid  :o

Love to all and sorry if I missed anyone...
Q

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal