* Author Topic: Jinemed hospital - part 13  (Read 56640 times)

0 Members

Offline calypso-sky

• Gold Member
  • You are wonderful, just keep on smiling
modify
Re: Jinemed hospital - part 13
« Reply #570 on: 16/02/12, 08:23 »
yes nic  i would agree with tc, see penny first she makes no money on consultation and she tries to fix everything before she sees you for the ivf  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Offline sendylee

modify
« Reply #571 on: 6/03/12, 07:04 »
Hi everyone,

Sorry I've been MIA everyone...have been so busy with work and so generally depressed about my premenopausal symptoms that I couldn't find anything to say online...but I've still be reading and rooting for all of you, esp you niknchip.  What is your current status?

Not to be a broken record re: how awesome SERUM is, but I really feel like Penny knows what she's talking about and she's not willing to just "take a shot in the dark" as I felt Jinny did. Right after my IVF failed, at Jinny they said to me brightly, "Ok, well, we'll try something different next time!"  I know that IVF usually takes a few times to get a BFP, but it just seemed like they were taking it for granted that I was ready to throw thousands of dollars at failed attempts even though I hadn't discussed that with them, and so it just didn't feel like they were trying that hard for me.  I still think Jinny is brilliant for people who know their bodies really well, have a well charted history, and know exactly what they need and want for their IVF.  This forum has seen plenty of these self-experts who so graciously share their knowledge with the rest of us! 

Below is an email that Penny sent me recently, which helped me a lot.  (part of her FREE consultation of which I've been a happy beneficiary)

"I am happy to hear back from you though I am sad you still have not good news my dear. One thing is sure : you are not menopausal my dear. Not only because of your age , but because of your normal FSH and your periods.But on the other hand , you are a poor responder. And your cycles being so short either indicates a low egg quality or a luteal phase progesterone deficency.  Have you checked when exactly you ovulate by pee tests? If so, when it happens? If it happens about day 13-14 , then you need progesterone support after day 15 and till your period. If it happens early, like day 8-9 , it rather has to do with egg quality my dear. The hot flashes are maybe because of the lack of some hormones but in your case it is not because of being menopausal.  I fear that an IVF with stimulation  won't offer you a high chance and hope that nature will be better. But maybe you need some help...As a back up plan, its always the egg donation, but you better try with your own eggs first, either naturaly , or IUI or natural cycle IVF before considering anything else."

I'm VERY happy to hear I'm not menopausal and that progesterone support could help me.  (Also a little happy to hear that I shouldn't pursue another IVF.) 

Penny wrote this to me knowing that I was considering SERUM primarily for IVF, so she definitely isn't in it for the money.  She's been recommending trying naturally to me instead of doing any procedure actually, so zero profit for her.  I really trust her and feel like she cares.  Also, this may sound silly, but I love that she calls me "my dear" especially when she is breaking bad news to me, and that she had sad and compassionate eyes when we were discussing some of my difficulties.  It made a world of difference to me right after my failed IVF.  She is just all around an awesome human being.

Miss you all!  Hope you are all doing well!  how is everyone else on this journey?  How are all the twins/ new babies / pregnancies out there?  Please give us updates!!

love,
S.

Offline Kinsky

modify
« Reply #572 on: 17/03/12, 10:52 »
Hi ladies, woa it's awful quiet on here. I came here today first time in over two moths and shocked that there was on 3pages to catch on. Sorry I've been away for long too, had car accident 12th January, broke my knee cap (8pieces) had to have surgery, was in hospital for two weeks. My leg was in cast for 6weeks and leg was completely non weight bearing meaning I had to hop around on crutches. 
Now out of cast but can't bend knee, will need loads of physiotherapy to be able to walk and bend knee again.

Can't tell you how hard it's been, especially first few weeks, not being able to carry my babies....
I'm grateful to God for keeping me, I could have died in the accident.

Enough of sad notes, how are you ladies? Where is everyone? Quelle, Nava, Cal, Izzi, Topcat, Buskin, Tsage, Roxie, Suzie, Sendy, Steks, Zedbee

Offline T0PCAT

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #573 on: 17/03/12, 12:00 »
Oh my goodness kinsky, how awful for you.  A friend broke his leg last year and I know it was a nightmare for him on crutches.  but glad to hear you are ok.

hi everyone hope u are all well.  DH and I are planning our next cycle and its going to be st DOGUS in Cyprus......early stages of planning yet

Offline calypso-sky

• Gold Member
  • You are wonderful, just keep on smiling
modify
« Reply #574 on: 18/03/12, 18:15 »
nice one tc , ive sent u a text as well,
hi kinsky ooh what horrid news glad you are on the mend  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

hello to everyone  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline quelle

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #575 on: 26/03/12, 15:14 »
Hi ladies,

been reading and running for the past couple of months... I am officially on maternity leave but being in a developing country means I keep working no matter what :( Getting fed up with the attitude tho...

Kinsky - so terrible news but glad that you survived the crash!!! I also understand that twinnies are doing good so so happy for you!

Sandylee - what a lovely mail Penny have sent out to you... She really do sound like a remarkable person...

TC - Yay for the early stages of planning! Hope you and your DH are doing OK and enjoying your break from TX!

Nic - hope you come to the best decision soon if not you already have....

Cal - lovely crazy lady! Hope you are doing OK....

AFM - As some of you know my DH is a Medical Doctor - General Surgeon to be exact - and he has been posted to somewhere quite like Siberia - in the middle of nowhere - 3 weeks ago.  This is called "mandatory service for medical professionals" in our country (Turkey) and all doctors must do it each and every time they receive a new qualification/diploma. It lasts between 12 months - 24 months depending on where you are posted. It gets shorter if you end up in a hell hole so to speak. My DH has to work there at least 350 days. It takes min. 2 days for him to reach where I am depending on when he will receive the news and of course weather conditions. He has been bearing to -20 Celsius for the past 2 weeks with only 3 blankets and an electric heater that does not give out much heat due to low voltage issues in the area. So you get the picture! Not as bad as Afghanistan but he is also in Terrorist infested area so he defo cannot travel at night even if the weather permit.  It has taken a lot of time and energy from my side to make him ready to go to start with, method of transportation, making the suitcases ready, dealing with his depression and absent mindedness. Then once he was there he needed to find a place to stay and it was a big issue, after a week in a horrid B&B he found a flat that smells of dampness and moved in. Anyhow now that I have sent out the last parcel I made out for him via courier – filled with household goods, cutlery, washing basket etc as well as clothing resistant to -32 Celsius and nonslip winter boots – I can stop, breathe and start thinking about me and the babies…

Will have an other control this Wednesday and hoping to secure a date for planned c-section as Twin 1 is breach....

Love to all not mentioned...
Q

Offline niknchip

• Un-Ranked
  • ttc for 8 years
modify
« Reply #576 on: 30/03/12, 15:47 »
Hello everyone!
sorry i havent been responding,have had a poorly computer and work comp blocks everything!wasnt being ignorant!
sendylee-thankyou so much for your advice ,penny sounds fab,very genuine,we have contacted her and will be deciding what to do next soon.
DH and i  have decided to give iui a go,financially we know we could be spending more in the long run but also we might not need to so we decided to go with our consultants advice and give it a go in the uk before moving abroad for more complex treatment,iui is estimated at about £900 i will be taking clomid during that cycle to so fingers crossed!Not feeling to confident but its a start :-\
kinksy-im so sorry to hear of your accident!crikey that could have been soooo bad!hope your doing ok ,must be so hard! ^hugme^
Quelle-I had no idea that turkish dr's had to do that!it must be hard for both of you,him being away during your pregnancy ........how are you coping!!!guess youve just got to try to get on and be brave but id find that so hard!doesnt sound like much fun for your husband either tho sure he would much rather be home with you,and what a shame your having to work:( bless you!
niknchip xxxx

Offline zedbee75

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #577 on: 9/04/12, 13:05 »
Just popping on to wish Quelle lots of luck for a smooth and happy birth. That is if those babies haven't arrived already. 
Enjoy and take care xxx 

Offline quelle

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #578 on: 9/04/12, 22:10 »
Aww ZB, thanks hun! I also popped in to tell that my c-section date is confirmed today... Well if all goes to plan twins will arrive this Saturday, 14th of April! Will try and post when I can when its all over.
Thank you all for being there for me all this time! Each and everyone of you are really special to me :)
My aunt told me it is believed to be one you are about to give birth you become closest to angels so I should send my prayers at the time... Well I will be praying for all my FF ladies to achieve their dreams  ^hugme^
Love to all,
Quelle

Offline SuzieW

• Gold Member
  • Bubbles for Luck!
modify
« Reply #579 on: 10/04/12, 07:53 »
Hi Ladies,

Sorry I've not posted for a while - I felt like a bit of a fraud considering I never ended up having treatment at Jinny, but actually readying back through most of your posts it seems like not many of us are (current) Jinny patients anyway  ;D

Kinsky - So sorry to hear about your awful accident.  I'm glad you're on the mend now, even if it will be a slow road to recovery.  Sending you  ^hugme^

Quelle - What bad timing for your husband to be sent somewhere so remote! Does that mean he will miss the birth?  I really hope you have lots of family around to support you.   ^hugme^ for you too.

SendyLee - I have not heard a bad word against Penny.  She sounds awsome.  I have been in touch with her recently as I'm considering Serum if things don't work out with my current clinic in the UK.  I also have the distinct impression that she does it for the love not the money.  Glad you're not menopausal!!  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Niknchip - when do you start cycling?  Good luck love x

Topcat - glad you and DH have a plan of action!

Hi to Tracey, Calypso, Zedbee, anyone I've missed... love to you all.

AFM: Still working in Turkey ("3 months" - ha!) but hopefully it won't be much longer until I'm home, back with DH and back on the treatment wagon.  I'm back for a week next week and (finally) have my follow-up appointment after my failed cycle in November.  I really want to get cracking now so hoping they give me a clear plan of action or I'll be back on a plane to Athens to see our friend Penny!  I've been taking advantage of private Turkish healthcare services and getting a few extra tests done while I'm here as the service is much more efficient and in some cases cheaper than in the UK, so will hopefully help move us along once I'm back in the saddle.

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal