* Author Topic: SEFC Amberley House Tunbridge Wells Part 19  (Read 46872 times)

Offline Bagpuss40

modify
Re: SEFC Amberley House Tunbridge Wells Part 19
« Reply #180 on: 12/02/12, 13:19 »
Hi everyone

age_789 - good news that you're off and running now!

chance - hope you've been doing something interesting this weekend to keep your mind off things.

Honeybear - good plan for DH to take vitamins - mine has been taking the pregnacare for men ones.

Sarah - thanks for keeping us all going on here!  It's nice not to feel abandoned when others have been successful and we're still trying!

AFM - it's all got a bit stupid now. My GPs practice has two nurses on long term sick, so we haven't been able to get answers about vaccines until the middle of this week and can't get the jab until next week. Bottom line is nobody is really sure how long you should wait after typhoid jab - some say 4 weeks some say 12, so I think we might go for 8.  Still got to speak to SEFC about it. Got thyroid test booked for end of Feb as well. In a way, this is probably all for the best, as I'm feeling really run down at the mo, so it will give me a chance to get healthier before giving it another shot. Looking forward to holiday now - beginning of March.

x

Offline Lynne scott

modify
« Reply #181 on: 12/02/12, 18:12 »
Hi Ladies

Just a quick post while I have a quiet 5 min.

My test results will be back early next week but Mr R on hols. Phone consultation booked for
Mon 20th and nurse consultation booked for tues 21st.

Baseline should Tuesday 13th March but will find out more soon.

age_789 exciting time now you have a date to start xx

Chance try to relax on your 2ww stress is the enemy !!!!

honey bear good news that your test normal one less complication to worry about x

Trying4baby very sorry for your BFN especially after having the infra iPods xxx

Love

Lynne

Offline slinkypick

modify
« Reply #182 on: 13/02/12, 10:34 »
Hi Ladies!

I'm new to FF, and am awaiting my first consultation with Mr R at SEFC, on 28th Feb. My DH and I have been "diagnosed" (or not - bah!) as unexplained, and have been TTC for 4 years.

I just wondered what to expect on the 1st appointment, and what questions I should ask? How quickly can I expect treatment to start?

We just want to get started, it seems to have taken forever just to get this far! I'm clueless, but then ignorance is bliss eh?!  ;)

I know we've potentially got another long road ahead of us, so any advice, or words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Offline sarah_2011

• I believe that dreams can come true
modify
« Reply #183 on: 13/02/12, 20:15 »
Evening ladies,

Slinkypick - on your first appt Mr R basically reads through what you have had done (presumably you have had the normal tests for you and DH before being referred), breaks the tests down a little more, asks you a few questions, nothing major.  And then basically explains what treatment he recommends and why.  And explains what his role is.  He is great, very positive, and talks fast, so listen hard!  After this appointment, you then have an appointment with the nurses and treatment starts, with us it was about a month later.  So, it all moves quick quickly from this first appointment.  I think our first appt with Mr R was september, and I was pregnant by the 27th December, but we were one of the lucky ones, where it happened first time for us.  To be honest, it is an emotional, tiring, hormonal journey, but the nurses at SEFC are really good.  My advise, just take one step at a time, don't think too far into the future, its a sequence of hurdles and each one you jump, you should celebrate.  And then concentrate on the next.

Lynne Scott - pleased to hear you have a date for your test results, and a date to start the tx, that will come round soon.

Bagpuss - I remember when I was one of the last on the cycle buddies, and a lot of ladies got their BFP's and moved on, and when I came to do my 2WW, there was hardly anyone left!  To be honest I thought that was a bit mean!  A few of the ladies hung on which was kind.  I have since learned that that is the nature of these forums.  But I think this SEFC one is different, as it is only SEFC ladies, so, its a good support, and doesn't matter where you are in your cycle.  The last thing I want to do though, is remind people that they aren't successful, 'cos I had 8 years of people around me reporting pregnancies all the time!  So, I hope my presence is only one of support, and not seen as anything else.  I truely am wishing you all success, and can't wait to celebrate with you xxx  Sounds like a break and a holiday will do you the world of good, and help you build up the much needed energy for your next tx.

age_789 - not long to go!  I would recommend that you join one of the cycle buddies forums on this site.  Have you found them?  It is ladies that are going through the cycle at exactly the same time as you, and they are very supportive.  Don't forget to pop back here though and let us know how you get on!  Good luck.

chance - yes I'm fine thank you, just tired.  I have now got my 12w scan date through (21st Feb), which will be a nice milestone.  Hows the 2WW going?  Is is slowing down!??

honeybear - hope you are well

Hello to anyone else reading,

Take care all and  ^hugme^ and  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Sarah

Chanceman

modify
« Reply #184 on: 14/02/12, 14:20 »
Hi all,

I hope you don't mind me joining this thread once more - I am about to see Mr R on the 23rd Feb as a follow up having now had 1 abandoned cycle in November and a failed cycle in January (our embryo never made it past day 2).  I am feeling quite apprehensive about this appt as I will be getting my AMH result and am nervous Mr R is going to write me off.  Plus this is our last go on the NHS and I am not feeling very positive.  It is all so scary and daunting and so any support will be gratefully received and I will try and give my support to you all too.

Wishing you all lots of luck on your journeys.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline Bagpuss40

modify
« Reply #185 on: 14/02/12, 21:15 »
Slinkypick - welcome to the thread. Mr R is lovely and will put you at ease. You get a nifty booklet thing that answers a lot of questions and the nurses are always happy to talk. It is a lot to get your head around at the beginning but it all does become clearer as you go through the process.

Chanceman - welcome back. I'm sure Mr R won't write you off - he is always so hopeful & positive. I was nervous about my review with him because of my age and AMH (4.07 in September) but it was fine and I left feeling much better. I hope it's the same for you.

Sarah - I know what you mean about the cycle buddies - really really good when you're going through the stimming and scans but it tails off a bit once people start getting their results. I have to say, I dropped out when I got my result but it was mainly because my bubble had completely burst and I just needed to have a break to try and get through the disappointment. Obviously if everyone with a negative does that and everyone with a positive goes onto pregnancy threads instead the people bringing up the rear are a bit stuffed (like you were)! The secret must be to be one of the first to start treatment within your cycle buddies group. Anyway, I think it's nice that we have someone on this thread that has had a positive outcome  :)

Offline sarah_2011

modify
« Reply #186 on: 14/02/12, 21:36 »
Bagpuss, absolutely agree re cycle buddies.  Those that were unsuccessful I completely understood, why they moved on, well off the forum, definately x. I think being the first time for me, i didn't know how the forums work, and being the first is def much better!  I have to say on the preg forum, I joined the sept/oct one so I was the first!! Even though due date is actually end of aug, there was no way I was going to be the last!!  I did end up finding a forum just for those in the 2ww, so there's always a place on this site to get/and give support!!  You just have to work it out.  What's nice about this thread is that everyone is at diff stages, so there's so much support we can all give xxx

Offline Vickyxx

• Un-Ranked
modify
« Reply #187 on: 15/02/12, 15:30 »
Hi Ladies

I was just wondering if any of you were referred to SEFC by Tunbridge Wells NHS??? and if so how long did you have to wait from being referred to starting treatment??

I am seeing Dr Ahuja and have an appt in April to discuss IVF am feeling nervous about having to wait ages!!

Also did you get a choice of places you could go for your free NHS IVF treatments??

thanks
Vicky xxx

Chanceman

modify
« Reply #188 on: 15/02/12, 19:07 »
Hi there,

Bagpuss - thanks for your reply - how are you getting on now and what stage are you at - sorry if I am asking you to repeat yourself.  You have made me feel better about seeing Mr R again as I have a very bad feeling that my AMH is gonna be low.  What protocol were you put on out of interest and has it made a difference - all the protocols I have been put on so far have been a let down :( - My fingers are crossed for you in a big big way and I really hope you get your BFP with a healthy baby at the end of it too :)  ^reiki^

Sarah - wishing you lots of luck with your Tx at SEFC - I hope it works for you xxxx  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Vick_xx I saw Miss Ahuja at Maidstone Hospital and I must say that from when I was referred (There were a few last bits of paperwork that had to be completed and a few tests that needed to be redone) by her to SEFC I only waited a couple of months - it all happened very quickly.  Miss Ahuja's secretary - Jan Reece - is really lovely and will tell you how long the wait is if you ring her as Miss Ahuja told us we would wait much longer, which was wrong.  I think it all depends on the funding etc, but I am not aware that it has been stopped or anything.  Don't be nervous though as Miss Ahuja is absolutely lovely and will put you at total ease and the SEFC is a really nice clinic - you couldn't ask for a nicer consultant as Mr Rimington - he is so positive and nice.

Lots of love and luck to you all xxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline sarah_2011

modify
« Reply #189 on: 15/02/12, 19:22 »
Vick_xx, i saw Ms A first at ms hosp.  Here she looks over your test results done at doctors and hubbys sperm results and the recommends what else she needs to do.  With us we then had to have another sperm testamd i had to have my tubes etc checked which she then did at pembury hosp.
I agree with chanceman she is so lovely, and puts you at real ease through any procedure test you need to have.  I was so terribly nervous too.  To be honest I was only thinking last weekend that I must write to recognise how good she was.  We was with her for about 8 months but only because we were unexplained she wanted us to try clomid for 6 months to see if that helped us conceive , it didn't so she referred us on for ivf.  You get a choice of 3 centres - chaucer Canterbury, Orpington or sefc.  Once you get your first appt with sefc it all happens very quickly.
Hope this helps

Chanceman - it went well for me I am approaching 12 weeks in my pregnancy!  Best wishes to you x

Sarahx

* Search

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates, gets a free discrete butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

Recent Topics

Amazon top seller!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal