* Author Topic: Chat/Meet ups for ladies near Bromley/Beckenham area:Part 2  (Read 52500 times)

Offline Journey99

• Gold Member
  • I'm not fat...I'm "fibroidous"
Caroline so sorry Hun  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Ruth you feeling better now?

We will go out Friday night for dinner and forget Weight Watchers for the night! Not sure where I want to go.  I always pick Tamnag Thai in CP so thought I should mix it up this year.  Any suggestions?
Saturday we will prob go watch fire works at CP Park although I've heard they aren't that great.  Last year we went to Battersea and they were fantastic!

Hope everyone else had a lovely relaxing weekend x

Offline jen747

• Gold Member
Evening everyone.

CGT - So very sorry to hear it's a bfn - I was keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for good news from you.  :(  Thinking of you. xx

Jo - all the hospital trips must be tiring but it's good that they are monitoring you so closely - much better than the nhs version of tx at guys!

Ruth - sorry, I somehow missed that it was your birthday. Hope you had a lovely day and that dh spoilt you  :)

Journey - glad to hear that you will be ditching the diet for your birthday - you have to have some fun and so can't diet on your birthday! It will give you the incentive to be good this week though so that you can treat yourself on Friday.

Hi to everyone else.

Afm - The tablets resulted in a miraculous recovery and not only did I make it to the wedding party yesterday but I managed to wear my little Karen Millen dress (bought for a hen do that I missed due to last tx) and heels! Seriously I can't believe how much better I have been this weekend. I'd already sent apologies for the party as I couldn't even stand straight on Friday morning and then there I was all dressed up and in heels- the bride and grooom were very surprised to see me!!

Feeling very apprehensive about starting tx again. Just feel like I've lost my hope.

x

Offline CGT

Jen - great news you managed to get to the wedding. Voltarol can be nasty on your tummy so try to be strict about having it after food only. I can totally understand your aprehension about the next tx, perhaps the next will be totally different from the last. I'm praying it's a nice and easy one for you and that your body is very well behaved  ^pray^  When is your appt?

Madeline Rose - I'll pm you, thanks

Princess Lolly - thinking about you and hope to see you on here soon, fighting back xxxxx

Caroline xx

Offline Ruthie82

• Gold Member
Madeline Rose- Hope you are resting where possible, thinking of you

Journey - Yes let your hair down for your birthday! Enjoy the fireworks:)

Jen - That was a turn up for the books, excellent glad back is better and you managed to go:) When are you able to start treatment?

Hello to everyone else, hope you are all well:)

Ruth x x

Offline Journey99

• Gold Member
  • I'm not fat...I'm "fibroidous"
Just a quick me post...I lost 2lbs:). Only 38 to go lol

Offline Madeline Rose

Well done Journey!

Jen, stay positive - it often takes a few goes.

Hope everyone's week is off to a good start.

Jo
X

Offline aubergine07

• Gold Member
CGT - so sorry to read your post.  Couldn't just read and run.  Pleased you are looking forward a little, big  ^hugme^

Sorry I've not been around.  Will try and post a bit more when I have more time

x

Offline CGT

Hi Aubergine

Lovely to have you back, how was NY?

We're going to Lister on Monday night for their open evening, were you happy with them?

Do you have any plans to try again? it's so so hard isn't it?  ^hugme^

X

Offline PrincessLolly

Hello Ladies

Hope everyone is ok and thank you all for your kind wishes.

Caroline - I am so very sorry it didn't work this time  ^hugme^
               Let me know what you think of the Lister.

Aubergine - Welcome back, hope you had a great time in New York.

Madeleine Rose - Hope all is going well

Journey - Keep up the good work.  I am also trying to lose some weight.  I used to be quite slim before I started all this treatment and now I am huge.  I wasn't too worried before..... as I was hoping to get even fatter.  I am determined to be able to get into all my party dresses for Christmas. :)
Have a great birthday and spoil yourself

Ruth - Hope you had a great birthday

Jen - Glad your back is better and you could go to the wedding.  I know what you mean about feeling apprehensive.  I echo what Caroline said, I have only had 2 treatment cycles but each one was very different (in the way my body reacted and how I felt). 

AFM - We are going to the Fertility Show on Saturday so will give us the opportunity to talk to some other clinics and get a feel for what else is available.  I have the follow up at the beginning of December at Guys.  I suppose what I want to know (and don't know if they can even answer this) is if it is worth us continuing down this ICSI route.  Because my FSH is a high 13.5 I was warned that I would be a poor responder, but first time I got 10 eggs and this time 9.  Also there are male factor issues.  But we have good fertilisation and good quality embryos at day 3 ....but they degenerate by day 6. Is it ever likely to work for us going down this route ...so many questions , but never any answers. ::)

I am much better now and ready to fight on.  I think I will look into all other options now, but not make any decisions whilst I am still a bit raw and emotional.  So I am ready to start again in the new year with a good and positive attitude.

I would like to say a big thanks to all of you, it makes such a difference having you all here and your support, advice and kind comments. 

Amanda xx

Offline Madeline Rose

Hi Amanda

Your day 3 but later deteriorating issue sounds v familiar - on our previous cycles we haver had exactly the same issue. Not clear in our case why this is but hoping a switch from Gonal-F to Menopur this time may help. DH has also had treatment for an infection to try to improve his DNA frag as this can also cause degeneration after day 3.  Happy to give you more detail on any of this. There a few others I've also come across on FF with similar issues....

Hope everyone else is well.

Jo
X

* Search

Free Butterfly PIN

Everyone who donates, gets a free discrete butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

Butterfly Pin

Recent Topics

Amazon top seller!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal