* Author Topic: IVF here we come!  (Read 46634 times)

0 Members

Offline lilyisabel

• Gold Member
modify
Re: IVF here we come!
« Reply #150 on: 24/10/11, 18:19 »
Jem great news that your levels are doubling and probably a very good thing you are not in work for a couple of days ;D hope dd enjoyed the national gallery I love her enthusiasm. Dd is only interested in peppa pig but am hopeful that will change. Sorry to hear about your friend's little one there's  ^reiki^ from here too.

Jack - Please don't give up all hope, this could be the one that works. But I'm liking your thinking of planning for ivf always good to have a back up plan - they're easy to put to one side when plan a works but if it doesn't having something to focus on is so helpful. I've just finished my first icsi cycle and am now hoping to have a FET in December. Ec for me was under sedation and it was fine I woke up feeling quite refreshed ;D

Bubbs - hope you're still taking it at bit easy today :)

Ninjabelle and aqua - helloooo hope you've had a good Monday

Afm - got an acupuncture consultation booked for tomorrow morning so I'm quite excited by that though I'm not sure what to expect. I've also restarted following weight watchers online again today. I hadn't put on as much as I thought through the drugs and I'm definitely feeling less bloated now which is good  ;)

L x

Offline NinjaBelle

modify
« Reply #151 on: 24/10/11, 19:56 »
Hello ladies,

Sorry I have been off the thread a while. Out all day yesterday and work has been so busy today (I work from home so hard to stop when you know there's a big pile to greet you in the am)!

Just wanted to say hello and to wish you all a happy and comfortable Monday evening.

I'll be back in a day or two for a proper catch up on all your news. Did do a quick read and want to congratulate Bubbs on her frosties. Glad you're taking it easy lovely  :)

Lily - don't even mention AF to me. My body doesn't know if it's coming or going! When is AF due after you stop stimming? Any ideas? I am getting mild cramps but no AF. Very annoying as I have to be prepared for anything (if you know what I mean)!

Jem, glad you are feeling quite chilled. I don't like to read that my girls are stressing. Well done you  ^hugme^

Hope you are doing ok and settling in Darls and Jacks - I know it's a really tough time for you both and I'm so sorry I've not been around much to provide help and support in here this w/e - re question about EC. I think it depends on your clinic but I was sedated and it was fine. I was pretty apprehensive but it really wasn't anything to worry about, honestly - put that thought right out of your mind ^hugme^

Take care all - see you soon xxx

Offline aquapinkdog

modify
« Reply #152 on: 24/10/11, 21:11 »
Hi Girls,
Hope you are all ok.

Ninja, hope your AF gets a wiggle on so you can get on with 'you know what'  ;)

Lily, good luck with the acupuncture consultation tomorrow. Let us know how you get on. Well done for joining weightwatchers again. Every so often I write everything I eat down and attach points to it (my friend gave me one of her old points books). It really helps, because it makes me think about what I'm about to eat. Having said all that I was determined today was the start of my most recent 'being good blitz' as it's a month before I go on holiday, and I have had a jam doughnut and a slice of xmas cake. Erm that wasn't in the plan.  ;D. Will have to try harder tomorrow.

Jack, lets hope this is the time for you, but I do understand what you are saying about having a plan just in case. They've put me on clomid for 3 months and I'm pretty resigned to it not happening, so just waiting for ICSI in January. But then I get myself down for being so negative.

Jem, hope you had a good time at the national gallery. I'm taking DS to see Million Dollar Quartet matinee at the theatre in London next week. Wondering if he's gonna be their youngest guest. He's just turned 4. Lol. A bit of Elvis and Jerry Lee Lewis. He'll love it hopefully.

Bubbs, hope you are ok after your really rubbish day on saturday. Great news on the snowbabies, but here's  ^pray^ the ones onboard will stay strong.

Darls, hi.

Fx

Offline Darls3000

modify
« Reply #153 on: 24/10/11, 22:18 »
Evening all
Wow you lot are good for the soul with your constant reassurances of each other. I love it!! Seriously, this hormonal roller coaster is something else and I find your refusal to be dragged down by it contagious.

Well I had my scan this evening and he saw 2 large follies on the right and two smaller ones which he said were growing and on the left he saw one really good sized one and around 3 smaller. I think he was surprised that they had clearly started to respond to the drugs but he was still Mr Negative and saying things like 'if we do go through with this etc' but he says that Friday or Monday will be EC and he will confirm on Weds when I go for the next scan and I carry on with drugs till then. I was so pleased because they we growing but trust me, he couldn't be more cautious if tried.  I went straight from there to put my DD to bed and then straight to acupuncture. I am determined to have at least 4 decent sized eggs but let's see.

Ninja, good luck with this natural cycle.  A bit of old school hanky panky to look forward to  ;D
Jem, hope your day of culture was fun and you are enjoying and looking after yourself.
Jack, I hear you. It's so hard to stay positive but just keep catching yourself every time you feel yourself slipping into a sense of doom and gloom.  I just distract myself with a chore.  Thinking is bad for your health sometime.
lily how did you find the acupuncture? Good luck with the diet!!
Bubbs great news about your fro sties. Well done :)

Take care all xx

Offline NinjaBelle

modify
« Reply #154 on: 25/10/11, 00:56 »
Just a quick check in before bed.

Aqua - hello darling how are you?  :)  x

Darls, I'm so proud of you and so glad you are finding the strength to deal with this cr@p in a less damaging way than we are expected to. We all have moments when we feel like we're going to fall apart but you have to fight that dreaded NEG demon. We're all in here for each other so demon, bring it on if you dare!  ^bigbad^

Bubbs - VERY pleased you are resting and have some darlings waiting in the freezer. DH is going a good job, well done Mr Bubbs! :)

I'm really interested in the acupuncture too Lily but took so much on with the nutrition that there was no head space for anything else on my last cycle. If we go again I will probably look into it. Hope it went well hon and hope you're feeling some benefit. And yes, well done for WW. Anything positive you can do has got to help (psychologically as much as anything).

Jemmy Jem Jems - Just read back a bit and see you are not actually feeling your best and have a cold (boo!!!)  >:( I also caught the msg about your friend and her buba!  :'( How terrifying for your friend and how stressful for you  ^hugme^ Please hon, I know it's virtually impossible not to be scared and upset for them but think of yourself and of Bert and DH of course. And think of my nerves Jem!!  ;) Gosh I feel like Mrs Bennet from Pride and Predujice going on about my nerves...does anyone have a clue what I'm talking about or shall I just shut up and go to bed?

Yep. Probably best.  ^idiot^
Night! xxx  ^hugme^

Offline lilyisabel

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #155 on: 25/10/11, 16:32 »
Ninjab - you are definitely not the Mrs Bennett sort ;D did give me a good giggle. Hope you've got lots of work done today. My af arrived just over two weeks after stopping stimming, however I was on the botty bombs which would have delayed it a bit. Hope it arrives soon (can't believe I've just said that ^hugme^)

Aqua - loving your son's taste in music :) I think my flights will be booked tomorrow I'll pm you with the details when they're confirmed and see if our paths could cross. I think it's the week before your big hol.

Darls - great news on the follies

Hope everyone else is good ^daisy^

Acupuncture was good today definitely will keep going now, next appointment is next Tuesday.

L x

Offline Jem1978

modify
« Reply #156 on: 25/10/11, 18:12 »
Hi Everyone

Ninja, you're def not Mrs Bennett!Thank you for looking out for me  :-*. I hope work hasn't been too full on today. I promise i am only worrying *a little* about my friends baby, i still know how important it is too look after Bert and I :). Her babe is still in SCBU but off glucose drip for low blood glucose levels so that a step in the right direction.

My cold is worse today and DD and me cuddled in bed until 10am which was great but i could have stayed there all day had i not have to entertain her. We kept it pretty quiet though, just made comfort food (soup, curry and flapjacks :)). After a session of pottery painting kept her happy and i just assisted the artist.

Lily, I'm glad Acupunture was good. I have been having it for about a year on and off now (so has probably cost us a small fortune!). My DH still laughs at me going (he's all about the science you see). I think anything is is worth a try personally. It worked for my best friend without IVF following a canceled IVF cycle.

Darls, great news all is progressing really well. Some Dr's have no idea how to say things do they!! We are hanging on their every word... so they should know they need to be extra sensitive in how they present us all with the facts! :)

Aqua, DS will love it I'm sure especially if there is a interval which serves ice cream :). Definitely don't beat yourself up about food. I think one can get a little too obsessed about it. I was obsessed with a 'high protein diet' after seeing one NHS consultant and took it to the extreme when i didn't need to. A balanced protein/carb diet is good if you have PCOS though as it will stable your blood glucose and therefore reduce your insulin resistance (hopefully).

DD LOVED the national gallery and sat there in the Van Gogh room schetching, legs crossed with great concentration. It was very sweet and quiet entertaining. She loved the train, bus and tube rides. The dutch pancakes at my old dutch also went down very well ;D

Hi Jack and bubbs if you are about.

Catch you all soon. Work and childcare juggling tomorrow due to half term, so maybe absent for a few days unless i go off sick which is very tempting at the mo if i continue to feel ill.

xx

Offline Bubblicious

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #157 on: 26/10/11, 08:14 »
Darls, well done on the scan.   ^pray^ this scan today bring lots more good news.

Jem, hope you are feeling better today.  Colds are hard-going when you can't take decongestants etc.  Get plenty of your vit C and rest as much as possible.  My DH swears by homemade chicken soup with lots of ginger and a touch of chilli.

Lily, glad you found acupuncture helpful.  I, like Jem's DH, am a bit skeptical about it.  However, I have been having it fairly regularly since starting treatment.  I find it relaxing [ a bit of down time when life gets too busy].  And I guess there must be something in it as a friend of mine got acupuncture sessions on the NHS for migraines so if the NHS are happy to fund it they must have done their research as to the benefits of it.  Also, my SIL swears it is what got her pregnant after 10+ years of trying.

Ninja, hope you are well.

Aqua, Jack, hello.

Offline Jem1978

modify
« Reply #158 on: 26/10/11, 19:09 »
Evening! I'm sorry about this girls but i need to vent, so I'm going straight for it >:(!!!!!!

I have been going fine with my cyclogest twice a day. I changed back to bottom bullet route after concerns it was irritating me PV and did ask the clinic advise on this which they were OK about. I had been doing fine with the 12hourly apart deliveries (7am/7pm) but had a small issue this morning that i didn't know the answer too. I had done bottom bullet but had to go urgently after 10-15mins.  :-[. My clinic had given me no info on how long they should remain in to be effective (i guesstimated about 15-30 mins). I searched drug info and was none the wiser and checked their info pack, again no info.  All this was going on at 7am when i had to get me and DD out house and to start work at 0815 :o!!

I felt i didn't want to risk leaving it 2hours as i was really worried about not getting the progesterone and then having a m/c. I was a bit stressed but thought i would just have to call the clinic emergency nurse number. It was not a decision i made lightly but my GP also didn't know the answer. The emergency mobile just rang and so i left a message. No reply. I left a message on the clinic phone too. No reply until they opened at 9am. Result= I got told off for calling the emergency line and this wasn't an emergency and that is why she had waited to call me back at 9am. She was very cold in her tone and basically very p*ssed off me for calling the number. I was absolutely  ^swear^ livid!!!!!!!!!! I understand i wasn't dying, i would have called 999 had it been a REAL emergency but to me it really felt i needed an answer urgently. This pregnancy is so precious to us that i want to do everything right. It's not like i have called the emergency number before in the 2months of treatment.

This confrontation has effected me all day and it made me so cross that a nurse and ex- midwife could speak to patient the way she did.  I have had one other run in with her and she maybe is just a little abrupt. I feel if you are going to be working in an environment full of stressed patients you need to have a degree of empathy and I'm afraid this witch has none >:(. I calmly mentioned,after my telling off, that it might be useful to provide this info in the written pack so patients can refer to it, should such a misfortune happen to any other patient. This would avoid *bothering* them or causing the patient stress. She seemed uninterested and an didn't take me seriously and i just got off the phone and swore ^swear^ ^swear^.

Please be honest and tell me if i am obsessed or wrong to feel let down? I really feel strongly about writing a compliant, something i have never done before. It's been a cr@p day all round but better for getting home with my lovely DD.

Sorry for the long vent.

Darls, Hope all went well today.

Bubbs, how you getting on in2ww?

Evening to all the girls ;D

J x

Offline Darls3000

modify
« Reply #159 on: 26/10/11, 21:47 »
Oh Jem, what a nightmare you had! Yes, absolutely I would complain because you may just save one other poor soul experiencing that woman's attitude and unhelpfulness down the phone. It's not just unprofessional but what I hate the most about it is it's just because she hates her job and so she takes it out on people when she spies a window of opportunity. Pathetic. But once you write the letter or make the phone call, you have to out it out of your mind and park it so it doesn't continue to cause you stress. You are the #1 priority now.  :). You quite literally have baby on board so take it calmly and slowly.

My evening was good. The scan was fast and basically he said I have 4 good sized ones and a few smaller ones and he said I was ready so EC on Friday morning. I am about to inject Ovitrelle. I am so excited although I know he gave me 10-15%odds. I am going in there positive and I am so pleased to have got this far when this time last week he was telling me that maybe we should cancel the cycle.  ^pray^.

Quick question. TMI coming up so be warned  :o OH told me he heard that if a man goes in there to give his sample and he hasn't had sex in a while then it's actually better to have ejaculated before the donation date?? What do you think?  Which is more potent, stored up stuff or refreshed 48 hours before stuff?? Sorry about this but don't know who else to ask.

Hope everyone is having a good week. How are you all?

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal