* Author Topic: IVF here we come!  (Read 52444 times)

0 Members

Offline lilyisabel

modify
Re: IVF here we come!
« Reply #220 on: 21/11/11, 16:48 »
Hello!

Hope everyone is ok :)

Jack - sorry to hear your news it is rough but also sounds like you are on the right tracks and plans and next steps are good.  ^reiki^ for 2012 re the hard eggs could they do assisted hatching?

Jem - it sounds like you are very busy ;D hope all well with you

Bubbs - how was your scan?

Aqua - getting excited about your hol yet ;) thanks so much for a lovely cuppa last week it was a great way to go off on my trip.

Darls and ninja -  ^hugme^

Afm - Japan was amazing I still can't believe I've been. I saw the  meiju jingu shrine, ginza and then some other areas that work took us to. Went to a fantastic Japanese restaurant that was properly local and had sushi and other dishes and quite a bit of sake ;D. I  can't describe how much I missed dd though, when I got back I was racing through heathrow to get to her as soon as I possibly could.

Af has arrived today so I've rung the clinic and my first scan is booked for day 10 (next Wednesday) let the madness begin again :o

L xx

Offline Darls3000

modify
« Reply #221 on: 21/11/11, 18:19 »
Welcome back Lilyisabel, sounds like you crammed your time in Japan and it sounds wonderful. Glad you had a good time and glad you were happy to be home.
Jack, if you think hard eggs might be an issue, have they talked to you about ICSI versus IVF. Oliy saying that because what happened to me with no binding of the sperm to the egg could have been bypassed with ICSI and so too might your issue (if indeed it is an issue). Worth an ask at your next appointment. Glad you are focused on the next step though, well done  ^hugme^

Hi to everyone else and hope you are keeping spirits up with lots of PMAs. Xx

Offline Bubblicious

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #222 on: 22/11/11, 22:25 »
Lilyisabel, wishing you loads of luck for your FET. glad you managed to see quite a bit of Tokyo. I would like to go back there sometime but there's so much of the world I still want to see.

Jack, I also wondered if perhaps I had poor quality eggs (an explanation for the unexplained?) and although my embies weren't top notch we got our BFP. Wishing you good luck in the new year.

I hope everyone else is okay.

Sorry for going AWOL for a while ... I've had this bad cough for a while which is keeping me awake at nights and I'm shattered. Not that I'm complaining. I've had two scans now and all is well. I have another on Friday and I'm only in clinic once a week so things are less hectic juggling work, DS and appointments now.

Thinking of you all.

Offline aquapinkdog

modify
« Reply #223 on: 23/11/11, 06:34 »
Hi Girls,
Bubbs hope that cough disappears soon. Glad all the scans went well, and all is ok.

Lily, Glad you had a fab time in Japan. I need a holiday to get over the packing. It is way too stressful. I don't really get how a 4 year old gets way more suitcase space than me. I had to take some of my stuff out last night :(. Lovely to meet you at LHR last week. Good luck for your FET next month. I will keep EVERYTHING crossed for you. I'm desp for it to work.

Jack, Darls, Hope you are ok. Next year will be our time!!!!!!

Jem, Hope everything is going well.

Hi Ninja if you are still lurking.

See you all back here in a couple of weeks.
Fx

Offline lilyisabel

modify
« Reply #224 on: 29/11/11, 19:40 »
Evening all!! :)

Hope everyone is well.

Jem - how's everything going? when's your next scan?

Bubbs - have you shifted your cold yet? hope so. so pleased your scans are going well. at what stage do you stop the weekly scans?

Aqua - i'm very jealous of your holiday, i'm imagining you sunning yourself with a cocktail in your hand as i type this on a cold, wet, windy november in the uk night ;D

Darls - hope you are doing okay and feeling better. will you start icsi in the new year?

Jack -  ^hugme^ are you okay and have a plan of action in place for your next steps?

so it's my first scan of the FET cycle tomorrow. feels very strange to be starting all this again. if it wasn't so cold and wet I'd be burying an egg in the back garden ;) i'm not sure what to expect from this or what they are looking for but I'll find out tomorrow.

my accupuncturist has gone on holiday! just when my cycle starts picking up ^bigbad^ she gave me the details of someone else she recommends and i tried them out yesterday. i thought they were very good. i've had this cold and cough that's been going round and had it when i went to my normal one last week, the only thing she did was not heat the needles up as I was hot enough apparently. the guy i went to yesterday added some needles near my sinuses to try and treat the cold too and it really did work (or it was very good timing with my cold disappearing). he's also added some seeds for my ears to keep up the pressure on certain points - which feels a bit wierd. Jem/ Bubbs have you experienced this?

i'll keep you posted on this cycle
L x

Offline Jack5259

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #225 on: 30/11/11, 13:43 »
Hi EVeryone

Thanks for your messages, Im ok, and trying not to think about it, but wanted to come back to see how you were all doing.  Hoping 2012 is the year for us. 

I got my letter through the other day for consultation but its not until march, i rang them and they told me the IVF would probably be in May or June,   :o.  Am a little worreid about the time factor as I will be 36 by then and hubbie 38, but there are people who are older and have BFPs.  Here's hoping.   
Good luck tomorrow Lilyissabel, let us know how it goes, is this for IVF? 

Offline lilyisabel

modify
« Reply #226 on: 30/11/11, 14:31 »
Hello all :)

Jack - I know it sounds an age away but once Christmas and new year are over and everything's calmed down it'll be the middle of jan and then that's only a few weeks away from march - it'll be hear before you know it. I seriously can't believe I'm going out for my work Christmas lunch again it was only a few weeks ago (or so it seems) that we went on the last one :o

My scan went well today - it's for a frozen embryo transfer or as dh and I are calling it picking up frostie the snowman - lining good, have one dominant follicle so I start ovulation tests on Saturday and once I have detected the positive et will be a week later. It's looking likely to be Wednesday 14th. It all feels a lot calmer than last time, the clinic's not as busy due to Christmas, I'm able to take some days off work afterwards rather than dashing off on a plane and it's bliss not to be taking the drugs. Even the cylcogest I've been told as I had such a good lining last time, once a day will be enough rather than twice  :)

L x

Offline lilyisabel

modify
« Reply #227 on: 30/11/11, 14:34 »
Oh and jack i meant to say I'm 36 too! I try not to panic about it but do know what you mean. There are plenty of people older who get bfps - we are spring chickens ^reiki^

Offline Jem1978

modify
« Reply #228 on: 30/11/11, 20:28 »
GOOD EVENING ALL! :)

Jack, Like Lilly said it will fly just make sure you plan things in. It's so easy to put your whole life on pause in this game.

Lily, Welcome back. I am so glad you had a fab time in Japan- how could you not really??? ;D. I am so pleased your scan all went well. I bet it makes such a difference not having to load and confuse the hell out of your body with all the drugs. Good news on cyclogest too. Still 2 a day bullets but it seem a blanket approach, rather than individualised. I don't mind them apart from the wind :-[- small price to pay i guess :P.

Thanks for asking about the scan. I only have my 'NHS' 12w scan booked and now have a date for 20th Dec (actually i am 12w6d by then). I am having small panics every now and again as i have suffered a missed miscarriage at 9weeks in the past and didn't know of any problems until i was scanned. It is so tempting to have another one  at the clinic but keep talking myself out of it in a logical way- basically i can't stop anything bad happening so i may as well enjoy this pregnant time. Anyhow , This is not going to happen to BERT! Enough said. 14th of Dec is not far now! Very excited for you. I'll bury an egg for you if you like Lily? :) I don't mind being labled the 'crazy lady' if it helps you get an amazing result ;D

Aqua and Darls Hello :)

Bubbs, Glad things are calming down now for you and your scans have gone well.

Catch you all again soon. What's that saying: 'Keep calm and carry on'.

J x

Offline Jack5259

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #229 on: 1/12/11, 13:08 »
Thanks lilyisabelle for your reply.  Is this your ICSI you are having?  I get so confused, and my consultant has never mentioned ICSI to me, what is the differenec between that and IVF?? 
I woke up with a period pain last night, and am not due on for another week, as long as Im not growing testicles, I shall carry on trying to be positive.   ;D
Christmas not far now, got our advent calender started. 

* Search

Recent Topics

Craftsy: Free Cake Decorating Classes

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal