* Author Topic: IVF here we come!  (Read 48386 times)

0 Members

Offline NinjaBelle

modify
Re: IVF here we come!
« Reply #90 on: 11/10/11, 22:38 »
Lily - I'm so sorry I forgot about your ET!! Bit self absorbed right now I guess...feeling pants and a bit ashamed about that, sorry hon.   :-[   ^hugme^ Thank you for the support re clinic, I have already decided that whatever they say tomorrow, we're doing EC unless they have a REEEEEEEALY good reason. Thanks for the funny story about your DD - that's not what I call putting your feet up Lily!  ^bigbad^

Jem - I'm inspired by the new you and am putting all this worry to bed. I will deal with tomorrow, tomorrow. Plus I think I might be getting a foot rub from DH tonight. He always does when I need cheering up or de-stressing. I'm sure that will help.  :)

Bubs, how are you hon? How was your scan?

Going to for for a stroll with DH now, just to clear our heads and get some perspective before bedtime. Don't want nightmares tonight!  :o

Offline lilyisabel

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #91 on: 12/10/11, 14:48 »
Ninjabelle - hope you've had some good news today and your walk last night cleared your head. Stop beating yourself up about not mentioning my et I wasn't expecting you too at all. And this is what we're here for those bad days even more than the good (though hoping there's more of the good :))

Hope the rest of you are well :) I was going to have a break from ff whilst I was away but here I am at the airport on ff so I'm sure I'll be logging on if there's wifi over there ;D. I love being at the airport and plane and people watching not so keen on flying and can't have my normal wine which helps. Will just have to keep calm for my little dot.

Also the clinic phoned and we have three frosties two are ok, one's a bit ropey but as they were freezing two they've thrown that one in as well.

^hugme^
L x

Offline NinjaBelle

modify
« Reply #92 on: 12/10/11, 16:17 »
Hello everyone,

I hope you are all doing well. I'm feeling a lot more positive today and so pass some of that on to anyone reading who could do with an extra dose!  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Lily - I love people watching at airports too. I once, with a good friend, whiled away a 5 hour delay in great humour, simply by playing a silly game that involved creating story lines for lives of the various unsuspecting couples and families in our view! We were very naughty in the fictional scandals we created but it was harmless and gave us endless entertainment! This was many, many years ago! I do hope, whether you get to log on over there or not, that you have a fabulous time! Yay for your 3rd little frostie - glad it was allowed to stay with the others :)

Bubbs - how are you ? How was your scan yesterday is everything ok hon? Hope you are feeling positive and having a nice day doing something interesting x

Jem - how's the PMA? You sounded in a much better place in your last post and I'm so pleased for you. It's going to do you all a lot of good, I'm sure. Keep it up hon! x

AFM - EC on Friday so just preparing for the big day. Any tips on trigger or procedure, gratefully accepted!!!

Ninja
xxx

Offline Bubblicious

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #93 on: 12/10/11, 20:13 »
Well done on being PUPO, Lilyisabel.  I hope you have a nice time in Rome.

Ninjabelle, hope the trigger is okay.  Good luck for Friday, hun.

Jem, glad you are keeping well and staying positive.

Aquapinkdog, I'm hoping for a Clomid BFP for you.

AFM, scan yesterday showed more follies but the largest are only 14-15mm and my LH is on the rise again.  So today, I've had to take a drug that prevents ovulation.  And I have been told that my natural killer cell count is too high so I have to go in for a immune treatment tomorrow called IVIG to supress them [four/five hours on a drip and a lot more extra cost so I hope this is going to be worth it].  I also have to get up at 5am to give myself another dose of the drug that stops ovulation and then get up at 6am to get to the clinic for 7.30am bloods.  It's all getting a lot tougher today ... there's been quite a lot of info to take in and I'm emotionally and physically exhausted.  I had one of those moments today when I thought "why are we having to go through all this to get what some people can have naturally?"  It's been a while since I've thought that.  I thought I'd accepted that we are just unlucky and need the help this time around.  On top of this today is normally what DS calls "our day" but I had to put him in nursery so I've felt guilty about that, too.  Hey ho ... not long now hopefully.     

Offline Jem1978

modify
« Reply #94 on: 12/10/11, 22:28 »
Evening All,

Just a  quickie for me tonight.

Bon Voyage Lily! I'm sure you will be in Rome by now. Take it easy and enjoy your time away.

Ninja, I am glad EC all sorted for Friday and that your PMA returning.

Bubbs, You are doing amazingly hun, so hang on in there. It's all going to be worth it. Your at the best clinic around so keep ploughing through it. Are you getting plenty of help with DS so you can get some relaxation and fun time?

AFM, On annual leave for this 1st week of 2ww. Lunch with a bestie today, so nice and fun and relaxed. I had loads of PMA all day until i noticed my PMT huge spot starting to appear. :-\. I am trying not to over analyse and put it out of my head. Maybe i will get these pregnant too though hey? ??? Can't change anything so keep that PMA going.

Night all
J

Offline NinjaBelle

modify
« Reply #95 on: 12/10/11, 23:17 »

Aww Bubbs, sorry you're having a less than perfect day! Did DS take it ok or was he upset? Kids do get over things very quickly though don't they and I'm sure that as soon as he was with his playmates, he'd forgotten all about the change of plan! What a nightmare for you though, all this running around! Hope you get some proper shut eye tonight and don't feel too rubbish in the morning  ^hugme^

Jem - hello love, really good to see you and glad you had a lovely day with your friend. Don't worry about the spot. If I understood correctly, you get a spot when you're due on AF? Well I suspect it's not just AF but any hormonal change, of which there are many!!! Don't sweat it babe, nothing to be gained. Just accept your hormones are all over the place and even stress could cause it.

Have a lovely Thursday all - trigger shot was fine and I feel kinda happy to have got to the end of a cycle. Just hoping that the foliies that need to catch up have a last minute spurt without the big ones going over ripe. Really hope they manage to suck *some* healthy eggies out of me on Friday!

Night night sweet ladies xxx

Offline Jem1978

modify
« Reply #96 on: 13/10/11, 17:35 »
 Ninja,Glad the trigger shot went well. It is a very exciting stage of the treatment i was super calm on EC day and just felt relieved that it wouldn't be my responsibility for a day or 2 to grow those follies :)!! Good luck tomorrow. Wishing you some super juicy eggs to be sucked.

Sorry if i didn't make complete sense in yesterdays very quick post! Yes, I get a monster hormonal spot that rears up on my chin a week before my period. It's one of those very angry painful ones that never progresses into a *proper* spot. It's still there today and I felt a bit low this morning. I feel stuck in Limbo today at my halfway point. The afternoon got better as spent the day with my mum. I think the key for me is not having too much time to think about it.

Bubbs, How did it all go today? Hope you have managed to fit in some decent sleep in between everything going on hun.

Roll on the weekend. Counting down to test day on wed.  ^pray^. Come on *Bert* you can do this! I believe in you little embie. Yes, i have gone completely barking mad and I'm blaming IVF!!!!!! ;D

Jem xxx

Offline NinjaBelle

modify
« Reply #97 on: 13/10/11, 18:06 »

Hi ladies, it's the night before EC and I'm making lists!!!
Lists of questions, list of things to do tonight (as i go in at the crack of dawn), list of things I need by my day bed in prep for an afternoon taking it easy, list of things to pack etc.

Jem - Glad you had a nice day with your mum  :)
Don't you worry about going mad - I think it's par for the course. DH and I have been having regular pep talks with my follies. It's kinda funny as he starts talking and I can tell he doesn't really understand quite how it works!  ;D Yesterday he said something about "Hello little follies. Well, Friday is the big day when we get to meet you!" and I had to interject and ask him what he was planning to dp to me as the IVF clinic didn't have any plans for him to meet my follicles! Blimey! Clueless even now!! It's quite a fun thing to do before bed though and I'm sat here now, with a hot water bottle on my left side as those are the follies that need a bit of encouragement!

Don't sweat it about the spot hon, just think about what is going on in your body right now! I doubt your body knows if it's coming or going. Take it easy - that's the best thing you can do for you and *Bert* lol I'm sure I'll be sending you messages before Weds but if I go AWOL again, then the VERY, VERY best of luck for OTD on Weds. x

Bubbs - will be looking out for a message from you later this evening. Hope everything went well today x

Lily - you are absent but not forgotten hon! x

Aqua and Evon - hope you are both well xx

Going to go and run around and wash and tidy - I think it's the only thing that will keep my nerves / excitement in check!! Expecting very few eggs as only a couple of follies are the right size but so long as they are healthy, I shall be grateful!  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

Offline Jem1978

modify
« Reply #98 on: 14/10/11, 15:49 »
Hi All

Ninjabelle, I've been thinking of you today. Hope all went well and you are resting up after EC. You will feel pretty zonked today, so glad you did all the prep yesterday.

Bubbs, Hope you are ok.

Lily, Bet you are having a marvelous time in Rome. Catch you soon

Aqua and Avon, Hello! :)

Jem x

Offline Bubblicious

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #99 on: 15/10/11, 17:12 »
Sorry for not updating you all for a few days and not wishing Ninjabelle good luck but I was thinking of you.  I really hope EC went well for you yesterday and you had some great news today.

Jem, if you normally get a spot with a week to go until AF, I would say that this spot is a result of rising progesterone which will rise whether AF is coming OR if you're pregnant.  Come on *Bert*!

Lily, Aqua ... hope you're okay.

So where did I get to ? .... well another scan showed follies of 17-19mm on Thursday.  I have had two mega-shots of Cetrotide to lower my LH and about five smaller doses.  Then yesterday, I got called in for ANOTHER scan and my follies have grown a bit and I was feeling mightily bloated and my Oestradiol levels were at 13,000.

However, my consultant still wanted me to give it a bit more time so I went in AGAIN this morning AND this lunchtime for bloods and I finally got THE call this afternoon to say that I can trigger tonight.  Yay!!!

I have EC on Monday but because my LH is a bit out of control, I need a scan before going in to determine where on the surgical list I am.  Basically, this is because I might start naturally ovulating and there is a chance I might lose some eggs  :( so if it looks like that is happening, I'll be first in.  Thankfully, I'm lucky enough to have a decent number of follies but all the same, I'm worried that the mature ones will be lost leaving me with immature ones.  I really  ^pray^ that this isn't the case.

Sending you all lots of  ^reiki^.

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal