* Author Topic: REPROFIT ~ Cycle Buddies  (Read 199623 times)

0 Members

Offline rachelvs

• Un-Ranked
modify
Re: REPROFIT ~ Current Cycler's Support Thread
« Reply #1520 on: 23/04/12, 10:59 »
Hi everyone
I just got a BFP through Reprofit - first time with them. Very pleased but now worried about next few weeks.
Quick question - now need drugs for next 11 weeks and Reprofit want me to get these through my doctor. My surgery has been totally unhelpful through this whole journey. I have an appointment today (fully expect an issue about the prescription) and I wondered if other people have found it easy to get post BFP drugs through their NHS doctor?
Any feedback very helpful.
Thanks
Rachel

Offline butterflies4ever

• Gold Member
  • Summer time!!
modify
« Reply #1521 on: 23/04/12, 11:15 »
Congratulations Rachelvs on your  ^BFP^
I got Reprofit to email across my prescriptions then i used a pharmacy in London meds as they also accept emailed prescriptions
(still ask Reprofit to forward on the original in the post)
The only meds i got the nhs to help with were Clexane & high dose Folic acid 5mg

Its well worth a try  ^reiki^

Electra x

Offline rachelvs

• Un-Ranked
modify
« Reply #1522 on: 23/04/12, 11:29 »
Thanks Electra
I got all my pre ET drugs through Pharmawell in Brno so I was a little surprised that I got the message today to get drugs now from my own doctor.
I will go to the doctor today to see what they say but am expecting and argument and the answer to be no, in which case I will ask Reprofit to issue the prescription and buy again from Pharmawell (who are very cheap).
Which pharmacy did you use in London?

Offline DreamCameTrue

• Our REPROFIT baby girl is 2 yrs old!
modify
« Reply #1523 on: 23/04/12, 13:04 »
2DPT andddddd...nothing  ;D  No I am not POAS YET.  But other than a few niggles yesterday while walking - I feel totally normal!  I am such a loon  ^idiot^   I wish if it was going to work - that we would get MS right away - like the day after transfer  ;D
Congrats Rachelvs!  REPROFIT asked me before I left if I needed more meds...I was surprised the Pharmacy there was open on a Saturday as it wasn't our last go.  Hopefully you can get your meds sorted!

Offline rachelvs

• Un-Ranked
modify
« Reply #1524 on: 23/04/12, 13:31 »
I do just wish the NHS here was more helpful. You step outside NHS care and they dont want to know for med insurance reasons. At some point you have to step back into the NHS systems for scans etc.....makes me soooo annoyed but trying not to get worked up about anything at this "delicate" time!

Online Kuki2010

• Gold Member
  • Life is beautiful cos our precious is here!!
modify
« Reply #1525 on: 23/04/12, 17:31 »
Rachelvs,
NHS is not going to giv eyou anything just minimum..
You need to go back to Reprofit and arrange the prescription. Sourcing it from Reprofit will be cheaper option.
NHS will get you a scan for dating which attends to be near 12 weeks. If you are lucky..
Unfortunately that is what they do for anybody. Not because of you.. Some people are lucky than others. Just post code lottery..
I was under Dr. Gorgy in UK so he gave me all prescriptions etc.. But cost a lot. You are better of getting it with Reprofit..
Get all your drugs for 12 weeks. If need be over..
Good luck..
Kukixx

Offline Stills

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #1526 on: 23/04/12, 17:40 »
Hi Ladies

Just a quickie to say I saw my Gp and they have prescribed Claxane, Progynova,  & Progesterone so it is definitely worth giving them a try, I pleaded povery and that non of my cycles had been NHS funded etc etc. There is also an argument that once a PG is established they do have a duty to help you maintain it and once you get a positive result you are no longer an IVF patient but a pregnant lady who needs to be supported through her pregnancy. I have also heard that if you get referred to a consultant then they have a different pot of money to GPs and are often much more willing to prescribe meds. Hope that helps a little.

We had our 6w scan today and saw one lovely flickering HB and shed lots of tears

Thank yo ladies for being so kind
XX

Offline rachelvs

• Un-Ranked
modify
« Reply #1527 on: 23/04/12, 17:48 »
Stills,
That's wonderful news. So, so pleased for you.
Saw my doctor today - no joy re drugs. He recommended that to get back into the NHS system I have to see a private gynae first who will re-refer me back into the NHS system. Can't believe that is actually the way of going about it!
Getting drugs this time from Ali's.
Good luck
Rachel x

Online Kuki2010

• Gold Member
  • Life is beautiful cos our precious is here!!
modify
« Reply #1528 on: 23/04/12, 19:24 »
Stills,
You are one lucky one.. Unfortunately most of them not giving anything.. Congrats on the beautiful HB.. It is an amazing site no?

Rachelvs,
I have got all my drugs from Ali's.. they are really great..

Love to you both.. Kukixx

Offline 2wait

modify
« Reply #1529 on: 23/04/12, 21:57 »
 ^pompom^ ^festival^Stills!! STILLS!!! ^festival^ ^pompom^

congrats!!xxxxxxxxxxxxx

* Search

Recent Topics

Craftsy: Free Cake Decorating Classes

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal