* Author Topic: REPROFIT ~ Cycle Buddies  (Read 177567 times)

0 Members

Offline AliPali

• Gold Member
modify
Re: REPROFIT ~ Current Cycler's Support Thread
« Reply #1570 on: 3/05/12, 12:53 »
Jaimex......i paid the balance by credit card and wired the deposit( my bank arranged that for me). I used Fazeleys chemist for all my drugs as they were far cheaper than anywhere else. I got Reprofit to email me a prescription which i faxed to the chemist and then they delivered it. I did get some of the drugs out there too but made sure i had a letter from my gp explaining why i was carrying drugs incase the questioned them at the airport. ( i was never asked and was carrying needles etc in hand luggage).
Good luck
Ali xxxxxx

Offline Salerina

modify
« Reply #1571 on: 3/05/12, 20:35 »
Hi Alipali, thanks for that. I too have been recommended progesterone injections as well as pessaries, plus clexane ... So helpful that I am terrified of needles! Your last post reminds me, am I ok to put my Prostrap injection in my suitcase rather than hand luggage? And do you know if it's ok to be injected into the belly? Can you tell I'm getting nervous!!! Xxx

Offline Maiamaiamaia

modify
« Reply #1572 on: 3/05/12, 21:58 »
Jaimex: I transferred the deposit via HIFX as it worked out much cheaper than using my bank. (https://www.hifxonline.co.uk/payments/account/login/default.aspx) I paid the balance with a fairfx card ( http://www.fairfx.com/ )which I loaded with enough euros before going to Brno. Again cheaper for me as my credit card wouldn't give me that good a rate. Also, the balance was over my limit.. I got my drugs from fertility2u (http://fertility2u.com/ ). I did the order online and asked reprofit to send the prescription over.

Best of luck!!

Not been on for ages but looks like a shed load of BFP's!! Congrats BreamComeTrue, Kat, Electra!!!!!
This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityFriends.co.uk or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Offline jaimex

modify
« Reply #1573 on: 3/05/12, 23:12 »
Thank you ladies for your advice , it' very welcome I am clueless  :o  Lol xx

Good luck very one ^reiki^

Jaime x

Offline hamba

modify
« Reply #1574 on: 3/05/12, 23:29 »
Hi Jaimex, I used the Post Office online to transfer money as they do not charge you for the pleasure like your bank would.

Jan x

Offline eliza123

modify
« Reply #1575 on: 4/05/12, 02:40 »
Hello, need some advice.  I had a tooth issue 3wks back old failed root canal.  Went on Keflex for 5 days and stopped day before starting estrogen for donor egg cycle.  Tooth issue was chronic infection that apparently can wait to be fixed until after cycle. As they dont want to stir anything up.
However.  After talking to my Immune Dr, he has said I should go on Doxycline 100mg daily for 21 days starting 5 days prior to ET.incase I have a tooth flare. I'm concerned, as I have often read ladies being on Doxy, before treatment starts etc, and wonder if there is anyone out there who has been on Doxy prior and after ET? I think I'm being prescribed it as a precaution.
I have also spoken to a pharmacist who said that antibiotics can affect the absorption of estrogen.  My protocol is such that on day of donor EC, when I introduce Progesterone, I drop my estrogen from 50mcg ethinylestradiol to 30mcg.  (I'm having overseas donor cycle, but being monitored by local IVF Dr, local believes in mimicking more of a natural cycle, even thou its medicated, hence drops estrogen, when introducing progesteone.
My other question is when I introduce Progesterone, this time my immune Dr want me on 400mg pessaries 3 time day (=1200), before I have  been on 200mg x 3 times day (=600).  Is it ok to start on such a high dose of progesterone?
Sorry for all the questions just need some advice.  I know all Dr's tweet all protocols depending on individual, but just wanted to hear what other ladies have done.   Just to add, I'm  in my late 40's, on a medicated donor cycle.
thank you so much.
eliza123

Offline eliza123

modify
« Reply #1576 on: 4/05/12, 02:42 »
Hello again,
Just wanted to say is anyone going to be in Brno from 17 May onwards and like to catch up??
wishing all those current cyclers BFP, baby dust.
Eliza123

Offline DreamCameTrue

• Our REPROFIT baby girl is 2 yrs old!
modify
« Reply #1577 on: 4/05/12, 19:59 »
Eliza - I will email you shortly!   :)

AFM - BETA DAY - 13dp5dt - 1870  ???  I am thinking that is good.  (I checked my other LO's and her's was 3880 at 15dp6dt)

My progesterone seems low though at only 13.61.  I am going to up it by 200mg a day.  I checked one website that says 1st Trimester anything from 9-47 is ok...but after the Chemical last November and all the bleeding I had with Bella and losing her twin...I don't want to risk it.

Soooo...now I have 2nd BETA Monday and then a scan to book!

Offline MrsOgotherbabies

• Gold Member
  • First Christmas
modify
« Reply #1578 on: 4/05/12, 20:27 »
Kat

Nice numbers can't wait to hear the next results

Christina

Offline Chipstick

modify
« Reply #1579 on: 5/05/12, 23:55 »
Evening ladies  :)

I haven't posted on this thread very often (a couple of times under jane555) but just wanted to say that i got a BFP today on my 3rd DE cycle at reprofit. In all i have has 7 consecutive BFN's and really thought it just wasn't meant to be for me. I know how disheartening it can all be but just wanted to show that for some of us unfortunately we just have to try longer than others to get there.
Someone posted a while back asking what those with BFP's did differently on that cycle, so i thought i'd list mine (although am sure some are more relevant than others!)

1. Had PICSI treatment for better sperm selection - DH's sperm in UK had always been fine and we were told egg quality was problem, but when we went to reprofit he had low morphology. This time we had better quality / more progressed embryos plus 4 to freeze (none on cycles 1 & 2).
2. Had apimist daily for 3 weeks prior to ET (thanks Angela/Albermur for recommendation!)
3. Decided to change to PIO injections.
4. Didn't tell anyone we were going.
5. Had one of Henry's infamous massages a few days before ET...boobies et al  ;D
6. Stayed at Cyro instead of Grand
...and finally DH and i both got majorly pooped on by a bird when we arrived  ;D ;D ;D

Best of luck for all those with treatment coming up shortly

Jane x

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal