* Author Topic: Treatment at BarcelonaIVF - Part 2  (Read 107197 times)

0 Members

Offline Ann13

modify
Re: Treatment at BarcelonaIVF - Part 2
« Reply #30 on: 9/10/11, 19:35 »
Hi Everyone

I have been checking the thread over the last couple weeks, but haven't had a chance to respond. It was wonderful to see the good news for AliCat, Carmen and Little pigeon, so massive congratulations to you all. I am so sorry it was not a BFP for everyone, so am thinking of you Bo Peep and Passenger. I am glad you are both making plans for the next step.

Madeleine, it sounds like you had a good time in Barcelona despite the crazy rush to get there. That must have been so stressful! Next time I go I want to see a bit more of Barcelona, so thanks for the ideas. Thanks also Ali Cat. Madeleine I hope this waiting period goes fairly quickly for you. I did the joint donor shared risk scheme and am glad I did this also.

Lilyan and Cruicky I see you have both been having immune testing.  It is hard waiting for results but hopefully if they do find something, it will be easily remedied.

Spuds I am glad to hear you are on board again with BCN, Sounds like here are a few of us over the next month or two.

Caudalie, Erika and Zaffa and anyone else I missed, I hope you are all doing ok.

As for me, I am still waiting for the results of the killer cells test. They said it would be 4-5 weeks, and it is 4 weeks tomorrow, the doctor said she would email me with results and set up a telephone appointment, so I am hoping I will hear something tomorrow. I have been on the pill nearly 3 and a half weeks, but can't go forward really with being matched with a donor till I get the results.

In the end I applied for the promotion, though I am still not convinced I want to change jobs! The interviews are Nov 3rd, so I will wait and see what happens, how the timing works with everything.

By the way Cruicky and Spuds hope you have a faboulous weekend in Milan and Rome next weekend, I have to say a break away sounds good!

Offline erika74

• Un-Ranked
modify
« Reply #31 on: 9/10/11, 19:50 »
Thank you all for making me feel so welcome!!! It took me a long time to reply because I simply could not find the REPLY button... :(  I guess the other topic was already closed and I failed to see this Part 2 topic.

I live in Kansas City, Missouri and like I was saying treatment is outrageously and prohibitively expensive in this country. I have been in contact with both Maria and Dr. Olivarez and they have been incredibly kind to me. My first appointment is scheduled for November. I actually added Dr. Olivarez in Facebook and he posts very interesting articles and polls. He actually sent me an email through Facebook telling me that he was looking forward to meeting me at his clinic. I was completely in disbelief as in this country a doctor would never have that type of nice interaction with his patients.  Anyway, I can't wait 'til November!!!

Offline Zaffa

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #32 on: 10/10/11, 16:53 »
 Hope – How are you doing?  Im thinking of you as we all are Im sure...  ^hugme^

Cruicky – Fingers crossed that these immune tests will put you on the road to a BFP. Im sure the wait feels like months!!  :P

Spuds  - Im SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO pleased you are now over that hiccup and are on the OCP. Enjoy the freedom it brings and the time to prepare yourself for DE.  :)

LP- How are you doing? Has it sunk in yet? What was your HCG?

Passenger – Well done for hopping right back on the wagon again so to speak. Everything is crossed for you..6 more sleeps til you start estrogen!!

Bopeep – And you are off again too! Its looking like bcnivf will have another rush on their hands again!

AliCat – Yeees, I too had an incident with a pessary whilst sight seeing in bcn. It was hot and I didn’t really think about it until I needed to do it. Any hotter and I would have needed a funnel not a finger!!  :P Hope you have managed to get your drugs sorted.

Madeleinus – Wow, those are some flashy embies! 9 and 10 is amazing! I hope the 2ww flies by for you and your sanity remains intact throughout! How are you doing so far?  Your trip sounds a bit of a panic but what a relief to make it in time. You sure saw the sights on the Tuesday – talk about a quick tourist experience.

Lillyan – Where do you get those funky little cheerleaders from?? They  are so cute!! Good luck with the diet changes. A friend of mine went vege as it was supposed to help her bad endo and it ended up getting worse!  ::)

Ann13 – Well done on applying for the promotion. You can always turn it down if you change your mind. I hope the timing works out for you. Any news re your immune results today as you had hoped?

Erika – It takes a while to get your head round the way FF works. A good tip is if you are typing a long post, do it in word and then copy it into FF as for some reason long losts have a habit of mysteriously vanishing when you press send or other odd reasons and that does not do your stress levels any favours (as I have found out many times!) Thats lovely that Dr O sent you a email through facebook. That would also never happen in the UK. Other countries have alot to learn. In my experience bcnivf have always gone above and beyond and Im sure you will be totally happy with them. Maria especially is a legend in my book!
AFM Nothing to report. Need a holiday. Its raining again.  :P

Offline madeleineus

modify
« Reply #33 on: 10/10/11, 20:06 »
....just ticking off the days in my 2WW ^2ww^
I am lucky in some ways to not be working right now but the time probably seems to go slower! Wouldn't it be nice to just stay in Barcelona for the two weeks and pass the time? ^holiday^
Good news about my cancelled flight---American Airlines added 20,000 miles to my account without even having to ask for "compensation". They had also put me up for the night at the Hilton near JFK airport in NY and also covered all my taxi transfers and meals :)  So, while it was indeed STRESSFUL in the end it all turned out ok----maybe guardian angels watching over me!! ^wings^

Sorry to not be the best with PM's but I hope everyone is well ^Cuddle^

Offline erika74

• Un-Ranked
modify
« Reply #34 on: 12/10/11, 01:17 »
Zaffa: Thank you for your input on posting, I will definitely be using word to type my replies. I am really looking forward to meeting everyone at BCIVF !!!

Madeleinus: Are you also in the US? I am in Missouri and have my first appt with Dr. Olivarez in December!!!

Offline madeleineus

modify
« Reply #35 on: 12/10/11, 02:29 »
erika----Yes, I am in the US----California specifically. Dr. Guix was my doctor for this cycle and I was really happy with her. ^daisy^
             All the ladies here say great things about Dr. Olivares so I think you will be in good hands!!
             I hope you enjoy Barcelona---I really Loved it there---a new favorite city for me!!
             This 2WW for me is seeming endless (sigh) and I am trying really hard not to read too much into any "potential symptoms" ^spin^         

Offline Zaffa

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #36 on: 12/10/11, 17:26 »
madeleineus - Hang in there my dear! My first ever 2ww I was at home the whole time and actually thought I was going loopy by OTD, ever since Ive worked them. Far better for my sanity that way! When is your OTD?

Offline madeleineus

modify
« Reply #37 on: 12/10/11, 18:54 »
Zaffa, Thanks ^hugme^
Test date is next week---so still plenty of time to obsess ::)
Of course there is plenty I could be doing to be productive but I just can't seem to motivate myself!!
In the past---working and cycling at the same time was extremely stressful since I never let my boss know that I was undergoing infertility treatments (he was a big A-hole  ^tantrum^ and I didn't think he would have any "tolerance" for my issue). So, it's been nice to not juggle appointments etc.... under a cloak of "secrecy"---much calmer........

Offline cruicky2

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #38 on: 12/10/11, 18:58 »
Hi ladies,
So sorry I'm not posting much... this is just to say that I am still here, reading you all, but am kind of caught up in reading, and posting and researching about immune issues, and on top of that, just got landed with a 100-page translation (on top of my normal job!) so I've got my work cut out for me for the next few weeks (at least!).
Love to you all!
Cruicky xxx

Offline Spuds

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #39 on: 12/10/11, 22:52 »
Helloo Ladies xxx

Am still here ;) sorry been useless poster - packing for Rome and v excited !!! - pill going fine thankfully and all good - have just found out am A something rather than o group for bloods lol - at 41 you would think I would know my own blood group hey !!!

Have a great week and weekend ladies x will catch up next week

^holiday^ ^holiday^ ^holiday^ ^holiday^ ^holiday^ ^holiday^ ^holiday^ ^holiday^ ^holiday^ ^holiday^ ^holiday^

^drink^ ^drink^ ^drink^ ^drink^ ^drink^ ^drink^ ^drink^ ^drink^ ^drink^ ^drink^ ^drink^

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal