* Author Topic: Treatment at BarcelonaIVF - Part 2  (Read 100222 times)

0 Members

Offline Passenger42

• Gold Member
modify
Re: Treatment at BarcelonaIVF - Part 2
« Reply #60 on: 18/10/11, 21:13 »
Hi Madeleineus, thinking about you at this sad time,  ^hugme^ ^hugme^  love Passenger x

Offline Bopeep

modify
« Reply #61 on: 18/10/11, 22:09 »
Hello everyone,

I am really sorry I have been such a poor poster lately!

Madeleineus, I am so sorry, itís heart-breaking I know. Just be strong and believe it will happen, itís just a numbers game, next time it will be your turn for success Ė you have to believe that! Sending you big hugs ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Zaffa, Alicat, LP, Carmen, hope all you pregnant ladies are doing well, you are all our inspiration! I know the worrying does not end with a BFP so I hope it is going well for you and you are enjoying this time.

Caudalie, how are you? It must be getting really exciting for you now, worrying too I know! But each new attempt is a complete new beginning with so much possibility. It sounds like your puppy has been great therapy!

Spuds, sounds like you had a great time in Rome! I hope you are feeling strong and positive about DE, it is such a great opportunity. I think we have all had to come to terms with it when we first realise itís the only option, but for me when I was trying with my own eggs in my early forties my fear of any chromosomal abnormalities because of my age was huge; so there are some really positive aspects to DE; and if you think of it that way it might help. Do you have any idea what your timings are likely to be?

Passenger, how are you doing? Iím sorry to read that you are worrying about this time; please try not to, just trust in BcnIVF, they really know what they are doing. If I can help in any way via pm, please feel free to contact me.

Cruicky, I hope your tests are progressing well and that you are coping well with the interim time.

Lilyann, I hope you are staying positive whilst waiting for your test results; all the waiting can be really hard; I think itís great that you are being proactive with your nutrition, if you have any tips please pass them on to me! Itís so hard not to descend into comfort eating!

Ann13, how are you? I hope you are ok, we havenít heard from you in a while so I hope everything is going to plan for you.

HopeND, so sorry to hear that you are feeling low. I think we all go through a stage like that from time to time, I hope things are looking a little brighter for you.

Erika, hope you are enjoying researching Barcelona, itís a fabulous city and the public transport system is brilliant and really easy to use.

AFM Iím still on the pill, so no news yet. Have been struggling to get into the right mind-set for another attempt but I think Iím getting there very slowly. Trying to eat well and exercise more but itís not easy as life is just so busy, and at the back of your mind you recall doing all that the last time. We decided to do a single attempt with a shared donor without the risk share as it means we can proceed immediately; if it doesnít work this time we might consider risk share the next time but I am really hoping there will not need to be a next time!! Thank you for all the information you gave me about these progrmmes, it was a great help.

I hope I havenít forgotten anyone!!
Take care everyone,
Love Bo x

Offline madeleineus

modify
« Reply #62 on: 19/10/11, 00:02 »
Thanks for all the  ^hugme^ !!
We are in the Risk Share Program so at least I know I get another try ^bigbad^
My question is: why does it not work when everything looks good? This time we took husband's sperm out of the equation so I was hoping that was the problem. So now what could it be? Any ideas why a fresh donor embryo transfer using top quality didn't work? Haven't heard what testing etc... Dr. Guix would want to do before next try so curious what all my "gals" might know!!

Offline Bopeep

modify
« Reply #63 on: 19/10/11, 10:23 »
Dear Madeleineus, my heart really does go out to you right now. I have done what you are doing now which is asking why? why? why? but there maybe isn't an answer. Its about a 60% chance of success with a fresh DE cycle, so it's not a certainty, so there just might not be a medical reason, which surely is a good thing? though I know it's hard to see it that way; but next time you have another chance and it's a new beginning.

BcnIVF would not have accepted you onto the risk share unless they thought you had a really good chance of getting pregnant, so take great comfort in that and they will be trying really hard to get you a positive result. Talk to them, they really seem to know what they are doing.

Take time to be sad and be really kind to each other but try not to get too downhearted as its a much steeper climb back up, emotionally, to get ready for your next attempt if you hit rock bottom. Be strong and determined and believe that it will happen next time.

love Bo x

Offline Spuds

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #64 on: 19/10/11, 22:04 »
   - they have found my donor - how can there be any vegetarian big chested olive skin relaxed spanish out there ?!?! - I dont believe it - have asked for confirmation as cant believe they can find what I wanted so quickly and/or I have put as many obstacles in the way as possible and they still find her  ^idiot^

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Spuds
xxxx

Going to have a large JD  ^idiot^ :( :) :( ^idiot^
XXXXX

Offline cruicky2

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #65 on: 20/10/11, 10:29 »
Spuds -  ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^
So how was the JD?  ;D
Cruicky  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Offline littlepigeon67

modify
« Reply #66 on: 20/10/11, 14:20 »
Spuds - your posts do tickle me!! ;D Always full of joviality - love it!!

Sorry girls for not posting much recently. I have been following every day everyone's progress and you have all been in my thoughts. This thread really is my favorite and it feels like we are a sort of 'family' (sorry if that's a bit cheesy!) Everyone has such courage it's amazing, even when the rug is pulled from under us, everyone keeps going. Keep the faith lovely ladies. - Crikey I am extra cheesy today arent' I!!! ^idiot^

AFM - my energy levels have plummeted and I have the strength of a kitten at the moment. I am horizontal most of the time!!  ;D It's normal apparently and believe me, I am not complaining - especially after seeing our little bean with his heartbeat going like crazy! but I'm a useless unit at the moment!

Keep the news coming in girls, sending you all lots of love and positivity

LPxxxxx

Offline Passenger42

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #67 on: 20/10/11, 18:54 »
Hello Everybody

No exciting news, I am just waiting patiently for AF to arrive and she is late  ^idiot^ ^idiot^ she is normally on time??  Supposed to start Meriestra this week? Hey ho will email Clinic and maybe will have to start taking it whether she comes or not, will see what they say.

I was bored at work today so had a look on internet and sources a few discount codes you may find useful for hotels.

Go onto ebookers.com and enter this promo code at checkout for 10% off the price of Barcelona hotels VCHOT10 valid until 26/10/11

Also another which works is on the main Eurostars website www.eurostarshotels.co.uk or .com and its BUYATDISC10 and reduces Hotel Angli by 10% however price is in euros not pounds sterling.

If you need to stock up on HPT's Superdrug have a promo of buy one get one free on First Response on single or double packs, totally sold out in the shop but I got them on-line www.superdrug.com just remember to put x 2 quantity and if you buy double pack get £13.50 discount as includes free postage.

Anyway less boring you with my Martins money tips.. lol

Just remembered another one, if you decide to pay for your tx in cash at Bcn buy your currency from ACE FX its a much better rate than travelex or post office and it saved me Ä40 euros yesterday.  They deliver to your home by special delivery.

Bye for now girlies

Passenger xx

Offline erika74

• Un-Ranked
modify
« Reply #68 on: 21/10/11, 02:42 »
Cruicky: Thank you for your suggestions on transportation. I might just get a car to drive to Madrid as I purchased the return flight to depart from Madrid, I love to drive and would like to do some sight seeing outside Barcelona as well. However, in town I would really want to avoid parking hassles (and tickets! ^police^), so using public transportation seems like a better option!.

Madeleineus: Sorry about the news, but Iím keeping you in my prayers and like the other girls say itís a numbers game and our time will come!!! Iím glad that you are in the shared risk program, I am hoping to apply to get in that program as well. Here in the US, doing 3 DEIVFís would simply not be an option. I have a friend who did 2 regular IVFí cycles and she went into so much debt that she stopped making her house payments!!! At least we have the option of trying it more than once (or simply trying DEIVF!) by getting the treatment abroad!!!  ^hugme^

Bobeep: Yes I guess the best part of the trip is the planning !!!! ;D

Greetings to everyone else!!!!!

Offline madeleineus

modify
« Reply #69 on: 21/10/11, 03:17 »
Thanks for the continued support! I have my blood test tomorrow to "officially" get my BFN :(
Ericka---you are pretty adventurous to drive all the way to Madrid--but if I could afford it I probably would too :)
             the public transport in BCN is VERY easy to use--I think you would be glad you used it in the end at least for the BCN part!
              I think you should also stay at Eurostars or Mikado as they are both REALLY close to the clinic. I stayed at Mikado and was     
              perfectly content with them (and the price was affordable for me).
I am so glad everyone else is doing well with either holiday time or new pregnancy :)
I soooooo hope it will be my turn soon to FINALLY write some good news---maybe I will cycle again early December---but not sure yet.

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal