* Author Topic: Pregnant with Immune Treatment: Part 5  (Read 80609 times)

0 Members

Offline jopoppy68

modify
Re: Pregnant with Immune Treatment: Part 5
« Reply #1090 on: 8/04/12, 18:55 »
Ladies, I was having more of these ovary/uterus/back pains this afternoon. After a little googling, it seems this is extremely normal at this stage. I think we shouldn't worry about it too much.

Mandimoo, many congratulations on your BFP. Best of luck with everything! Not sure about the Clexane post 12 weeks. I think I'm going to be on it until around 30 weeks (but not completely certain on that). I don't have a specific clotting problem either, but Dr Gorgy prescribed it as part of my regime. I'm now awaiting delivery of a letter that I can take to my GP to try and get them to prescribe it for the remaining time. I could do with saving some money so hope they'll agree.
 ^pray^

Offline smileandbehappy

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #1091 on: 8/04/12, 20:34 »
Hi MandiMoo, huge congratulations xxx It is so wonderful to get to say the words after so long isnt it? I don't know about the clexane after 12 weeks sorry, I do not have any clotting problems but was on the clexane as a "cover all bases" treatment.
Jo I can't get my next intralipid yet as Penny has posted the prescription off to healthcare at home for me so it may take them a while to receive it with the easter holidays. My NKs actually went up when tested with intralipids in the lab, but i contacted Dr Braverman and he said that it was no indication of how they would react in your body. My other results were on the low end of the scale so I was hoping that the intralipids would be immunobalancing. I know ivig would do a better job but after our athens hysto we were out of funds for this! Thank you so much for the reassuring words about the cramps and back ache...I think it is time we all relaxed now and had faith because we all deserve this.
I am so excited about my scan, still 2 weeks to wait. I just cannot believe this has happened. I still cry with joy and shock every day!

Offline ClaireBuc

modify
« Reply #1092 on: 8/04/12, 21:20 »
Amily - Congratulations, hope both you and baby Matthew are doing great, it's just the best feeling in the world.

Congratulations to everyone on their BFP's

Clairex

Offline Heidi2

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #1093 on: 10/04/12, 10:49 »
Big congrats to the new BFP - way hay !!!!

Quick question...for those already mums when did you stop work? For those bump-ladies when do you plan to stop working???? It's just I had planed to stop 28th june (EDD 13 aug) but this weekend about 4 separate mum's told me I'd be board out of me tree and the end drags and better to have the time after baby comes....so I just talked to my boss about extending it to 19th July?

I only work in the next village and do just 3 days a week at a desk - so its not like I'm commuting long days full time or lifting anything....any thought on this would be great!

Offline butterflies4ever

• Gold Member
  • Summer time!!
modify
« Reply #1094 on: 10/04/12, 10:59 »
Heidi, if i were you i'd definitely take ML much later towards the end of your pregnancy  ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Congrats to all the recent  ^BFP^ here  ;)

Electra x

Offline Heidi2

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #1095 on: 10/04/12, 11:12 »
Thanks Electra, hope your littla fella is doing well!!
...would you say stopping approx 3 wks before EDD sounds about right then?? (instead of 6 wks). Its so hard to know as I never been 30-somthing wks preg before!  :)
H x

Offline Jujube

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #1096 on: 10/04/12, 13:06 »
Hi ladies,
I stopped work 5 weeks before my due date (having spent the two weeks prior to that working from home).  I had originally planned to stop 3-4 weeks before, but the hospital asked me to stop earlier as the baby was 3/5ths engaged with 6 weeks to go. 

So I then spent 5 weeks at home and then another 2 weeks before I was induced.  So I spent 7 weeks crawling the walls.....  I ended up doing so many things like re-organising our finances, sorting our wills, moving the mortgage etc etc.  I cannot tell you how bored I was.  Nonetheless at the time, I was utterly exhausted, so I did need more rest but I also needed some mental stimulation.  So if you can continue part time and if your commute is easy (that's actually the hardest part of working for most people in late pregnancy), I would continue until 2 or 3 weeks before your due date.  Then get as much sleep in as you can in those two or three weeks because it will be a long time before you can sleep for that amount of time again!

My original plan was to work as long as possible so that I could have more maternity leave time with my little man - that's also an important thing to take into account.  BTW, have a think about whether to use holidays or mat leave - I technically took holidays up until my due date and then took mat leave from my due date onwards, mainly for financial reasons and also because I couldn't carry my holidays over to another year.

Best of luck and welcome to all the new ladies!
J

Offline leppyloo

• Mya & Sam - Sept 12
modify
« Reply #1097 on: 10/04/12, 20:56 »
Hi everyone!

Hope you all had a good Easter break.  Welcome Jopoppy and Mandimoo!  :)

Catherine - thanks for your message ... I feel like I'm wishing my life away waiting for appointments.  Good luck at your next scan  ^reiki^ ^hugme^

Amily ... congrats!  So pleased for you.  ^banana^

Boggler - yep I think you're right ... probably just changed position.  And I was moving around a lot more as I was off work.  How was Legoland?  Sam is desperate to go there but it looks very expensive.  My boobs haven't change much ... but bump is quite large really.  ::)

Heidi ... thanks for the reassurance - I'm back at work - so not as much time to dwell on it and thought I felt some stirrings today ... so maybe it's the way I sit at work that helps me to feel movement.   ::) Anyway - think I should be able to cope until my scan a week Thursday. RE the hip pain ... I am using a cheese wedge type pillow under my bump and then a V cushion between my legs and it does help.  However my theory about being in bed too long was also correct.  I have been going to bed later and have not had as much pain.  As I'm slightly different to you ladies (i.e. no immune issues) ... I can stuff my face on chocolate and plan to do so!  Ah ... don't hate me ...  ^NahNah^

I finished work at 34 weeks with Sam.  I was exhausted and absolutely ready to finish.  It was November, so I had plenty to do leading up to Christmas.  As I work from home so people assumed I could last longer but my job is stressful and tiring.  I work a few less hours now - so maybe will push it out to 35 weeks but no more than that.  I will probably take holidays though so that my actual maternity leave starts later. 

Smile ... I had all the symptoms of AF, back pain etc in the early days of pregnancy  ^hugme^

Take Care all

Lee xx

Offline smileandbehappy

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #1098 on: 11/04/12, 06:57 »
LeppyLoo thanks so much for the reassurance xxx I had a horrible dream about bleeding last night. I think it was because I started spotting again yesterday, after a 3 day break from it, and of course I freaked out! I never imagined that I would be this full of fear! I didn't actually think past those 2 lines on a pregnancy test to be honest.
I hope everyone is ok xxx Good luck to everyone awaiting scans with me, I hope you are staying calmer than I am managing to!

Offline Amily

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #1099 on: 11/04/12, 07:22 »
Congratulations, mandimoo!
I think 2-3 weeks is about right, Heidi. I ended up only finishing a week early as I was induced early but 2 weeks would be good, I think. Otherwise you'll get really bored!
Re the chocolate/sugar question...I did stay off sugar till about 37 weeks. It was getting to be more superstitious than anything else (I didn't have any baths either) but I figured...what's a few more weeks? ;)

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal