* Author Topic: Eugin Clinic - Part 3!  (Read 96479 times)

0 Members

Offline Juls78

• Quirky Volunteer extraordinaire/
  • VIP Member Sponsor
modify
Re: Eugin Clinic - Part 3!
« Reply #210 on: 1/03/12, 19:11 »
ladies i need to remind you about the site guidelines on pregnancy chat.

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=260253.0

here is the link for your pregnancy chat xxxx

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=274868.0

julsxx

Offline alex28

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
« Reply #211 on: 1/03/12, 20:03 »
hi ladies

Emmieflo - wonderful news about your mum. xxx  I too agree about the over 40 thing, I dont feel old at all.  People say I look younger than my years and I certainly dont behave like someone middle aged!!  ;D   When you do you reckong you will start then?  I will be on CD7 on my first consultation so hoping to start that month but we shall see!.
Footsteps - thanks for the tip about making notes.  I find all sorts of thoughts just pop into my head at random times of the day so really need to write them down when i think of them!  Glad you are starting to feel a bit better now.  Not looking forward them from what I have read on here.
Loree - hope your headaches are subsiding now....just drink lots of water and hope that helps!
Hello to everyone else.  I told one of my business partners today as the logistics of me having to dash off at short notice is going to affect others a lot plus no-one else does one bit of my job so am going to have to train someone very quickly to do it if I only have a day or twos notice to fly to Spain.  He is also starting to panic about me being on mat leave should we be successful.....men!!!
Anyhow, we are all getting excited now, friend lent me a barcelona book last night so have been getting our bearings.  We are only stopping one night the first time.  How long did any of you stay for when you went back for the ET out of interest?
Hope everyone has a lovely weekend and those waiting get that call soon. xxx

Offline Footsteps

• My Boys :-)
modify
« Reply #212 on: 1/03/12, 21:21 »
Evening ladies

Alex - I don't worry too much about being 40 + as I don't look or feel it either, and I am sure having a little one to run around after will keep us young, fit and on our toes  ;D  When me and DH had our 1st appt with Eugin we thought we would have a good idea of what to expect for this cycle as we had not long done a cycle and didn't really prepare many questions and obviously it is a completely different protocol from what we did in the U.K and by the time we got home we thought of allsorts of questions and queries etc.. but so far we have got through the cycle by contacting Eugin with all queries we had etc..  We stayed over for 2 nights for our 1st appt as our appt was a Sat morning so we flew in Fri night and our next flight out was Sun afternoon.  We plan to stay for approx 1 wk when we go back for ET.. as DH has got low sperm count etc, he needs to be at the clinic the same day as EC to do a fresh sample and then it will be a few days until I go in for ET (praying that we get fertilization this time ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ) 

Emmiflo - glad to hear that you had a good nights sleep and are feeling a lot brighter and hopefully it won't be too long before you start your next cycle

Loree - How are you doing? I hope you are not suffering too much with the patches. Have you been getting any twinges kind of in the ovary areas?  I have and thinking its everything doing what it should be doing and my lining getting nice and thick??   

I hope you have all been able to enjoy some of the sunshine that we have had today  :)  Me and DH have been out for a bike ride in the sunshine along the prom where we live and it was lovely! I don't enjoy cycling uphill back home tho  :(  really need to get myself fit again lol!

Well as from tomorrow I can expect my call from Eugin anytime... starting to become more real!  I have decided not to look into having a scan before I go back... as looking through my notes from my previous cycle.. it was noted during my last scan before EC that my lining was 10mm, so I should roughly be at that same point in my cycle now hopefully  ^pray^

Footsteps x

Offline emmieflo

• age 48
modify
« Reply #213 on: 2/03/12, 17:56 »
Miele, you made me feel much more positive about being 49 this year, thank you. I think it sounds a nice age now! I hope you are feeling well, really exciting year for you! xx

Thanks Alex, I am so relieved, and feel I can concentrate on treatment more now. My AF is just all over the place at the moment, I'm really hoping I can start treatment either the beginning or mid April. We only stayed one night on our first visit to Eugin. I think we will probably only stay one night for the transfer as my DH works anti social hours. I'm really hoping he can come with me, because as well as wanting his support, I have a dreadful sense of direction!

Wow Footsteps, you are so close to getting that call, hope it comes quickly. I don't think I'll have a scan when it's my turn either, as I was a similar thickness to you last time.

Loree you must be expecting a call soon too, hope it is really soon, is so exciting.

hope everyone is keeping well
lots of love xxx

Offline emmieflo

• age 48
modify
« Reply #214 on: 2/03/12, 19:25 »
Loree, I know it's all unknown, but I bet the way our lining behaves is a good guideline to those in the know, but I know it's so difficult to know what to do for the best. Hopefully Eugin will have taken on board the dates you told them, as it's hard enough without coping with the stress of work commitments.

Well I just have to share this with you all! I just rang my DP who is working near his mums, and  so visiting her this afternoon. We have had to be really chaste since my op, and I just rang him to say I'm glad we can have sex now. He said yes darling, we all are, you are on speaker phone!! No wonder his mum hates me!!
xxx

Offline emmieflo

• age 48
modify
« Reply #215 on: 2/03/12, 21:07 »
Loree, bless you, I don't know which is worse really, must be so tough if she doesn't do anything, and she doesn't say much. Wouldn't it be lovely if we had m-in-laws that were excited and caring! oh well maybe things will get easier, I'm not holding my breath though! I must admit I did find this evening quite hilarious!

Poor you having thrush. A friend of mine swears by natural yougurt. She said if you put it down there and wear a pad, it is really soothing. I have never tried that though.

When I used the pessaries last time, I didn't much feel like sex, but I only used them for a couple of weeks. I wondered if last time it had worked out, and I'd been on them longer I would have got more used to them. I don't think my DH would have minded, I think it was just how I felt and how long it would have taken me to get used to them.

Hope you get the thrush sorted out, as I know it can really get you down

xxx

Offline Footsteps

modify
« Reply #216 on: 2/03/12, 21:24 »
Hello ladies,

Emmieflo - I am still laughing at your telephone call with DP and mother in law listening ^roflmao^ I hope there are not too many blushes next time you see her :-[ !    I am quite lucky with my relationship with the mother in law.. we can pretty much talk about anything!

Loree - I am sure your patches will be fine, I tend to stick a bit of clear plaster tape (a bit like micropore but waterproof) if I don't think the patches are going to stick... I am an expert with patches at the moment.. I have given up smoking and so have been on nicorette patches for the past  9 wks (3 more wks to go  ;) ) and now the hrt patches  ;D  I put nicorette patch on arms and hrt on lower tummy area, ha ha I have got patches everywhere  ;D !  Not sure on the sex when using pessaries?  I will probably not... depending on how I feel etc and it will be much to DH's dismay but the experts do advise to carry on with things as normal.  I hope you get a response soon from Eugin regarding using the canestan, might be worth trying natural yoghurt as Emmieflo mentioned whilst you wait for your reply from Eugin.  I had to contact them a few weeks ago about taking antibiotics and they advised me not to take them... its a good job my tooth infection turned out to be a bad case of neuralgia as it took them a few days to reply and it wasn't even the weekend!

Alex - Hope you are well and jotting down them thoughts as they spring to mind  :)

Well no phone call so far! So the waiting continues.....

Footsteps x

Offline Footsteps

modify
« Reply #217 on: 3/03/12, 10:16 »
Morning ladies

Well this is it, got my call from Maria at 9am! DH needs to be at clinic for 12:00 Monday and fingers crossed ET Wednesday or Thursday. So flights booked tor tomorrow evening and hotel booked!  So excited but nervous at the same time.... Just got to get through work today and get home to pack.

Footsteps x

Offline emmieflo

• age 48
modify
« Reply #218 on: 3/03/12, 10:48 »
Oh Footsteps I'm so excited for you, that's fantastic!
It all happens so much more quickly with Eugin, as I just noticed you went to Care Manchester before. We did too, although we live a long way from there, they were so slow.
I hope today goes really quickly, it must be so hard to concentrate at work today. All the very best for next week, will be thinking of you
lots of love xxx

Offline alex28

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
« Reply #219 on: 3/03/12, 10:48 »
Omg footsteps!!!  Soooooo excited for you both x x how long have you been on patches?  It's prob in another post but I'm sat in hairdressers under a heat lamp do not easy to trawl back thru posts!! 

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal