* Author Topic: BFP - Due Date May/June 2012 ~ Part 2  (Read 56788 times)

0 Members

Offline Roo67

• Gold Member
modify
Re: BFP - Due Date May/June 2012 ~ Part 2
« Reply #180 on: 20/11/11, 13:30 »
I bit the bullet this morning and coloured mine - was in desperate need   ;D

R x

Offline W1NSOME

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #181 on: 20/11/11, 14:53 »
Hello, can I join you all please?  Hello also to all those from the early scan thread who I see on here.
Robbie, sorry to hear about your scan.  I hope it is all OK.
My 12 week scan is this week and I'm not even sure whether to have the nuchal test.  If it was high, I don't think we would have the amnio, and if it was +ve for downs I don't know if I could terminate, so is there any point in doing it at all.  Can't decide.  Am also wondering whether to even go for the 12 week scan, as I've already had 3 scans - the last one was last week, and I'm not sure if I like bombarding the baby with ultrasound all the time for no reason.  The scan last week was very good, and measured up well so I'm wondering if I don't have the nuchal test what will be the difference between that scan and this one.  I know they give you an EDD, but let's face it, I already know pretty well when it will be, and it will probably change again anyway.  What does everone else think about all this?
I got really hot helping DH at an exhibition a couple of weeks ago, and have developed really bad itching ever since.  It is driving me mad  but although it seems very common, I can't find hardly any helpful info on what to do about it.  Seems like I will have to grin and bear it till it hopefully goes away.  Apart from that, all is OK.
Thanks for the hints on maternity clothes.  I'm also struggling so will have a good look.
x

Offline Clomper

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #182 on: 20/11/11, 15:26 »
Welcome Tweety! ^banana^ ^banana^ glad all is well with your little twinnies! I wonder if they will stay like that, one quiet and one boisterous, you might be able to tell them apart before they're even born! Sorry you have to have those horrid injections! I have heard more about the cervical stitching now, and it is quite common especially with twins, and will keep them where they are supposed to be!

Kitty, we got an angel sound Doppler when I was about 10 weeks and heard hb straight away the first time using it, even though they are not supposed to work until 14 weeks! We have had to search for it a couple of times, but have always found it in the end, babe always seems to be on the left?! I'm sure the mw will be able to find your little one just fine, remember if it's very fast that may mean you are having a girl?! Another old wives tale I'm sure but makes the guessing fun!
As for the blood tests, I think my OH just thinks it's another one of my ott concerns, even though the obs advised us to have the bloods done when we had our consultation! I think we have made the right decision for us though, I would be faced with an impossible decision if there was a problem. I think if at the 20wk scan they show something that would mean the baby was in pain or couldn't survive then we would make a decision on that basis, otherwise what will be will be. Like I said I have worked with people with varying disabilities for 15 years, so feel a bit different than my partner! 

Catesy, my bump has quite a bit of padding round it now! Probably because of the rubbish I had to eat for the first 10 weeks of being pregnant! It is nice to actually feel a proper preggers tum though! Never thought we'd see this day! I really want to go to antenatal classes but will be moving about 25 miles away in march, so not sure where to look! As for childcare, my mother is adamant that she is going to look after babe when I go back to work... Not quite sure how I feel about that though...! ??? She will also live about 40 miles away, so probably wouldn't be ideal.
It's difficult to know how we are going to feel when little ones come, I don't want to be one of these people who can't stand to leave their children, but I think it will be hard!

Vega, we normally go to the lake district every year about this time! Last year it snowed quite a bit, and was lovely! Such a romantic getaway! Moreton in marsh is a lovely area, and Cheltenham will not be too far for you, it is nice for shopping etc. We are moving from Cheltenham to a more rural area, in fact I found quite a few houses round Moreton, but we decided on a village close to Stroud in the end. I got stranded in the snow trying to get to Moreton last December when the whole country had that terrible weather!
You must struggle with the bust situation, maternity clothes don't allow for a growing bust at all. I have just got 36d maternity bras (from a 36b before), and they are getting a bit tight now! But I can't wear anything with buttons down the front anymore!

Hi to everyone else!

Clomper xx

Offline Vega

modify
« Reply #183 on: 20/11/11, 16:29 »
Freespirit - I've had my hair dyed but I have highlights rather than all over. My hairdresser said this was fine especailly as the hair dye doesn't actually touch your scalp. However I think all over dye is fine from when I was googling!

Winsome - welcome to the thread congratulations! On the scan I don't think there's any need to worry about having lots of ultrasound - I'm sure there is no evidence the ultrasound harms baby. Plus once you're 12 weeks most of baby's vital development is complete so there's little it could impact anyway. But I understand you may just want to be safe and it can get difficult being prodded all the time  :)

Clomper - Moreton is lovely I'm so glad DH secondment is somewhere rural. I've always lived in the countryside (except when I was at Uni although I was at Durham which is quite small!) think it may have been a no if it had been city centre somewhere! Are you looking forward to moving?

We're not far from the lakes at all here - on the border with Yorkshire Dales national park and lakes about 40 mins so very lucky. Where abouts do you usually go in the lake?

xxx

Offline Clomper

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #184 on: 20/11/11, 17:45 »
Winsome, welcome to the BFP thread! I think its up to you on the scan front, i would be tempted to say go for it as it is free and shouldnt harm the baby. They decided not to change my dates, even though baby was three days further on. They may look for things on routine 12 week scan thatbthey wouldnt have seen last week?

Vega, I grew up in the country and always said that I want my children to have a rural upbringing, you know the village school etc. Very much looking forward to moving, Cheltenham is lovely for shopping and things but we really want the quiet life now, and space for the dogs...and kids!! Shame I will be 7 months preggers by the time we go! Are you going to have much to do with your move? You said you will be keeping your home in the nw, so will it be a simple suitcase job or furniture and things too? Will you have much to do to your new house?
You are so lucky living there, so spoilt for choice between the dales and the lakes! We normally stay outside of Windermere in a cabin and do lots of hiking and walking round with the dogs... I have been taking it easy since BFP (being lazy actually), so we didn't go this year! Next year could be interesting! A must have will be a baby backpack for us!

Clomper xx

Offline Kernow Lou

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #185 on: 20/11/11, 19:31 »
Hi ladies!  I haven't been on for a few days and it seems that loads has been going on!  Havent got time for personals as I still have a pile of marking to get through so just wanted to say I hope you have all had a fab weekend and will try and catch up and do personals in the week (if the marking ceases!).
Did want to say Robbie - a really hard decision to make, but I wouldn't worry about the statistics.  They don't really mean very much and my hospital doesn't give them as it feels they just worry people unneccessarily. Your levels don't seem horrifically high though.  I guess when it comes to the amnio it is what you feel will put your mind at rest or prepare you the best.  If you feel an amnio will do that, then by all means get it.
Thinking of you and hope these other tests come back with a more conclusive answer. x

Offline catesy

modify
« Reply #186 on: 20/11/11, 21:26 »
Winsome- I too am itching beyond myself!!  Can't find much info about it in first trimester and unfortunately sounds like there isn't really any safe treatment.  I've been rubbing itchy areas with olive oil when it gets bad (my theory is skin is stretching and potential lacking moisture).  Learning to live with it is so hard, plus once I start itching, it worsens, Darn histamine anyway!!

In regards to Ultrasound, my doctor husband says they don't know of any harm to baby from repeated ultrasound, so go for it.  As for tests, you can always discuss it with them at the time I'm sure.  We're not going to specifically ask about nuchal test so if it means another scan, we won't bother.

Vega-thanks for creche info, will have to look into it over the next couple months. 

Hope to pass on good news tomorrow!! ^pray^

Offline Kernow Lou

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #187 on: 20/11/11, 21:29 »
Best of luck for your scan tomorrow Catesy!  Are you talking about an itchy belly?  I've had that too, but found that it helps by putting Palmers tummy butter on it.  Mine has happened in the past few weeks as my stomach has suddenly sprung out!

Offline justme_kuwait

• Keep praying and believe that miracles happen
modify
« Reply #188 on: 21/11/11, 07:34 »
Thanks Kitty, Vega, Clomper & Everyone for warm welcome...

My DH thinks we will be having a team pink.. isnt that too early to determine in a scan, he says he heard the doctor doing ultrasound that we have twin girls.. I didnt hear anything or was super busy seeing them. DH is so excited to have girls, but I am confused, its too early in scan to decide its team pink, or team blue or pink+blue.. all i want is healthy pregnancy and even healthier babies  :)

Hi Winsome - Welcome  :) . I didnt have a nuchal test, perhaps they dont do it in Kuwait or maybe my clinic, plus so far the ultrasounds have shown babies growing healthy with all major body parts formation, different placenta, etc. The doctors says the growth is as per the weeks so I am ok without NT test.

Clomper - Thanks, the pain from the injection has gone and feeling much better, but three more to go on each coming saturdays 25% done, 75% to go  :) . About the twninies, each time is different twinie .. one is naughty and other is calm, Last time Right twinie was naughty, this time s/he was sleeping... so am confused  ^idiot^  .. plus if this pattern continues after the birth, I will be 24 X 7 occupied with feeding, changing daipers while one sleeps one is awake, would prefer them to have to same pattern of sleep so that i can get sme nap  :)
Yes, cervix stiching seems common with twins, they are locked in till the right time. My doctors taking all precautions for my  pregnancy .. bless to have him, although smetimes he gets overboard with it

Robbie - Hope alls well with you..  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

About the itchy tummy... my nurse says pls dont itch ur tummies, it may leave ugly strech marks for life.

Will try to more about fellow gals on board..

take care
Love, Sweety

Offline Hevan81

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #189 on: 21/11/11, 13:41 »
Hi ladies, wow it's got so busy on here, it's really hard to keep up with personals. I check the thread all the time but I'm usually on my phone and doing personals is difficult as I can't look back through the posts. I don't get on the laptop that often. I will say a big hello to everyone and welcome to all the newbies, I'll try to keep up with more personals from now on.

Had my 16wk MW appointment today (although I'm 15wks tomorrow). I got to hear the heartbeat and it was so amazing. I recorded it as DH couldn't get time off work today and I keep playing it back. For those who were talking about the old wives tales. I asked my MW what she thought about them. She said that basically the heartbeat is faster earlier on and then slows down as baby grows, so based on that she said it would always sound like a girl at the beginning and a boy at the end of the pregnancy. I have to be honest, I'm not going to go a whole lot on it. If I wanted it to sound like a train it sounded like a train (boy) and if I wanted it to sound fast it's a girl. I'll wait and see at 20w scan. I'm swaying towards team pink though, just a gut feeling. DH is certain it's team blue.

Lots of love and  ^hugme^ to all XXX

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal