* Author Topic: Single girls having/considering IVF Part 12  (Read 45815 times)

Online suitcase of dreams

• Gold Member
modify
Re: Single girls having/considering IVF Part 12
« Reply #130 on: 13/01/12, 12:21 »
Madeline,

replied to you on the other thread re NHS funding I think  :)  Welcome, loads of us here going it alone so you're in good company

yes it can be tough doing it on your own, but by no means impossible  :)

I'm in Surrey but used clinics in London and then abroad (Czech Republic) - first steps are to get some basic fertility and screening tests done (GP may well be able to help with this - some will, some won't) then have a consultation or two at clinics to see which you like best/feel will best suit your needs. Local is good as timing can be important, but sometimes the London clinics have better success rates and/or better availability of sperm

Feel free to ask your specific questions here, there's a wealth of experience
And as Inde mentions, DCN also a good source of info and advice
Best of luck
Suitcase
x

Offline Minnie35

modify
« Reply #131 on: 15/01/12, 21:43 »
Hiya Madeleine  ^wave^ ,

Just to echo Suity - it's good to go for a consultation, or at least have a conversation with, several clinics at the beginning as you'll immediately get a feel for whether they suit you/seem helpful and approachable or not - that was you can start treatment feeling that you're secure in safe hands, and this makes a big difference. I rang round a few clinics and wish I'd gone with my initial gut feeling as it would've saved me several months of being with a clinic which I ended up finding rather unhelpful.

The other thing is, don't be put off by having to order sperm from abroad if your chosen clinic doesn't have a sperm bank.  It's easy!

Diesy  ^hugme^ sorry things are so hard at the moment, you deserve a break. I hope 2012 starts looking rosier soon  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Matilda congratulations and lots of  ^fairydust^ as you embark on your cycle.

Jojo hi ^wave^ , sorry to hear of what sounds like a scary and stressful first consultation. Don't worry about the process of ordering sperm, it's simple and as someone (sorry!) has said above, the best donor is simply the one who gets you pregnant!  Did the consultant do an antral follicle count? It can provide more reliable estimate of ovarian reserve than amh and they can do it when they do an internal scan. Sorry if you've laready been there done that!

Hello everyone else

Minnie xxx

Offline Matilda7

modify
« Reply #132 on: 17/01/12, 19:22 »
Had my 1st follie scan today - I've got 8 on one side and 10 on the other, quite a few are 14-16mm, others a bit lower, about 10mm I think.  The doctor said I've had a good response, and to just carry on with the same Gonal F dose that I'm already on.  I go back on Friday and hopefully will get a date for EC then.  I can't wait, mainly because my ovaries feel like they're about to explode and I want these eggs out of me! xx

Offline Tommi

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #133 on: 17/01/12, 20:19 »
That's good news Matilda!  ^clapping^
I hope it all goes well on Friday.
T xx

Offline indekiwi

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #134 on: 17/01/12, 20:52 »
Matilda, that sounds really promising.  Hope you don't experience too much discomfort and that you don't have to wait to long for EC.   ^reiki^

A-Mx

Offline Matilda7

modify
« Reply #135 on: 17/01/12, 21:24 »
Thanks both of you.  I think EC will be on Monday.  I presumed that the discomfort would stay until then but the doctor said today that it might ease off in a couple of days.  I don't know why this would be - maybe because the follicles have done most of their growing already? x

Online Diesy

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #136 on: 17/01/12, 21:34 »
Your follie count sounds good Matilda, lots going on in there, maybe accounts for the discomfort.  Continued good luck :)

Hi to everyone :)  Couple of bits of news from me on the tx front, ie not about my move.   ^smash^  Blood tests came back today and I've got sticky blood probs, so looks like I'll be on clexane if I get pg.  This is actually making me want to do it all sooner in case there are more issues to get taken care of.  They want to repeat the tests but that is going to take another few months.  If I go ahead before these get done I'm assuming they'll just put me on clexane anyway.

My clinic have recommended full IVF when I was leaning towards a mini.  Mmm...any thoughts?

Diesy xx

Offline Thetis

• I am Spartac...err. I mean THE
  • On Hiatus
  • It's never too late to be what you might have been
modify
« Reply #137 on: 18/01/12, 07:57 »
Diesy - what sticky blood problem do you have?  Am quite clued up on the old factor V leiden if you need any advice honey ...

If its in your GP docs - you should get the clexane from the NHW - I did, but then I've also had multiple PE.. phew close call - not quite my time yet  ;D ;D

^hugme^ ^hugme^  Mini xx

Matilda - fabulous follies - take care and rest up xxx

Online Diesy

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #138 on: 18/01/12, 11:41 »
Hi Mini  :) Howz you honeybunch?  Did you get the Kindle Surprise I sent you on Fb?  Don't think it's very exotic, it's Lupus anticoagulant.  I'm glad they did the test and found it.  Don't think I have time for the retesting, that'll take months. 
Was a bit ambitious yesterday and did the tiniest bit of pilates and Latin dance = ouchie today.  Actually it's ouchie!!!
xoxo

Offline Thetis

• I am Spartac...err. I mean THE
  • On Hiatus
  • It's never too late to be what you might have been
modify
« Reply #139 on: 18/01/12, 15:44 »
Ooo.. honey  ^hugme^ ^hugme^  well you should get the clexane on the NHS then .. as for exercise - mmm too tired - not slept in ages... now have glue ear!!  WTH!  Last had that as a child  ;D ;D ;D  must be regressing..

Mini xxx

* Search

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates, gets a free discrete butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

Recent Topics

Amazon top seller!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal